Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion WWE - Chris Benoit Found Dead

WWE - Chris Benoit Found Dead

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 26th, 2007, 10:13 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
I cant help but think that this just cost Chis his Hall of Fame chances. What a waste. I cant blame WWE for the tribute show because few details were known at that time.

The only thing I want to know but never will is "Why?" Only Chris knew and he is gone. The only thing I can think of is that his wife was leaving. Saw an artical about stress in their marriage. So he killed her. Then he thought, his son was going to call the police and Chris killed him. Then after realizing what he did knew that he was at best getting life if cought, loss of his job, and loss of fans so he killed himself to save the WWE and himself that shame.

Post June 26th, 2007, 10:14 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
Wow, you make a comment like that ... and have the nerve to have the avatar you have (which honestly, is no longer funny). I never knew that looks could tell everything about a person's personality. Geesh, how proud your parents must be of your intelligence level finally reaching that of a 3rd grader.

Well I wasn't trying to be all disrespecting about it, just stating the fact that he looks abusive. As for my avatar meh, I'm just to lazy to change it.

Post June 26th, 2007, 10:14 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

I know what he did was wrong, but still. They shouldn't publicly apologize for airing the memorial.

Post June 26th, 2007, 10:15 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

[lol] ... fair enough Coaster.
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post June 26th, 2007, 10:16 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points

Post June 26th, 2007, 10:18 pm

I think they just wanted to distance themselves from the tragedy. I do like that WWE has gone on with the show though. Think of Edge in tears last night man -- there is no doubt going to be some counseling needed for several in the company. At least they have dropped the "Vince is Dead" crap.

Post June 26th, 2007, 10:21 pm

Meh ... double post:

Vince's comments from WWE:

Last night on Monday Night Raw, the WWE presented a special tribute show, recognizing the career of Chris Benoit. However, now some 26 hours later, the facts of this horrific tragedy are now apparent. Therefore, other than my comments, there will be no mention of Mr. Benoit tonight. On the contrary, tonight's show will be dedicated to everyone who has been affected by this terrible incident. This evening marks the first step of the healing process. Tonight, the WWE performers will do what they do better than anyone else in the world--entertain you.

Post June 26th, 2007, 10:24 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

Originally posted by CoAsTeRkRazY

Wow, you make a comment like that ... and have the nerve to have the avatar you have (which honestly, is no longer funny). I never knew that looks could tell everything about a person's personality. Geesh, how proud your parents must be of your intelligence level finally reaching that of a 3rd grader.

Well I wasn't trying to be all disrespecting about it, just stating the fact that he looks abusive. As for my avatar meh, I'm just to lazy to change it.
in any other thread i'd agree with you.. if this wern't about the passing of a public hero the "s" word would have flown from my fingertips.
t.j. i'm inclined to think that they are right to disavow themselves from him. it's part of the quasi militaristic honor code that they espouse. but still.. from what i can tell he did a lot to make people happy, and really was playing a fictitious character in a large scale acrobatic play. can they take this into consideration? the public knew and loved his character, not him personally.

Post June 26th, 2007, 10:27 pm

I am interested to see how the funeral works out ... It will be tough, that is certain -- I am just speechless guys, in honestly, completely devestated. For someone that I "let into" my home every week and got the chance to see often at many live events, I am simply without the right words.

Post June 27th, 2007, 1:25 pm

Points on hand: 9,043.00 Points

Post June 27th, 2007, 2:19 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Its going to be interesting but I would assume that both the Benoit family and WWE are not going to disclose when these will take place and where they will take place. I doubt the Benoit family wants to have fans their disrespecting them. Not that all would but many have turned their backs on Benoit.

Post June 27th, 2007, 2:58 pm

^speak for your own wrestling friend fans.

A general consensus here with my buddies is we will never forget the wrestler, and will mourn his death greatly, but we'll never know or meet the man outside the ring.

Post June 27th, 2007, 3:07 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

I am speaking of those fans on MySpace. Both me and my friends will honor him as a wrestler. Even giving him the titles in the SvR games.

Post June 27th, 2007, 3:13 pm

Myspace...oh ok than, that holds up alot of importance than. lol

Post June 27th, 2007, 3:41 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Post June 27th, 2007, 10:27 pm

Nice flame ragan ... can I get fries with that?

Post June 27th, 2007, 10:32 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Those roids are tricky bastards.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 27th, 2007, 10:39 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

New Development!

Chris may have killed his son to help him.

News: http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/benoitpressures

Those roids are tricky bastards.

We will not know until the tox. results get back.

Post June 27th, 2007, 10:42 pm

If WWE is going to distance itself from Chris as Vince appears it is, then the company needs too do that -- and stop sending mixed messages like they still care.

Post June 28th, 2007, 7:00 am

Points on hand: 2,685.00 Points

Originally posted by TConwell

If WWE is going to distance itself from Chris as Vince appears it is, then the company needs too do that -- and stop sending mixed messages like they still care.

You are spot on with that TConwell. I read that article and it just didn't make sense to me why they would even write such a thing. I was a bit surprised too how the WWE did a total 360 from Monday night, but when you mentioned that by them doing that to show that they had no knowledge of what happened, well that would be a smart thing to do. I never really thought about it that way.

No disrespect here to other WWE fans, remember I'm one too, but IMO what Chris Benoit did is unforgivable and it's still hard for me to take in. I am pretty sure that he will never end up in the Hall of Fame after this, not to mention that after this whole thing blows away that you will probably never hear or see any mention of Chris Benoit on WWE programming ever again. It's already began - take a look at the ECW roster page. His picture is not there anymore. Of course it's obvious why, but think back to when Eddie Guerrero died. They kept his picture up for a while along with a memorial to him. I liked Chris Benoit as a wrestler, and he was a damn good wrestler. But he killed his wife and his son and there is no excuse for that. If he had survived he would have deserved punishment to the fullest extent of the law.

Originally posted by TConwell

I think they just wanted to distance themselves from the tragedy. I do like that WWE has gone on with the show though. Think of Edge in tears last night man -- there is no doubt going to be some counseling needed for several in the company. At least they have dropped the "Vince is Dead" crap.

I have to agree with you there too TConwell. It's definitely got to be a thousand times worse for the wrestlers who knew Chris than it could ever be for us fans, especially when you're traveling with a person day in and day out. Both Edge and CM Punk looked like broken men.

As far as that whole "Vince is dead" shat, GOOD RIDDANCE! That was the single most lame-ass storyline that they have ever came up with in recent memory. What's going to be interesting is the next few airings of the shows and how they plan to deal with that. Everybody knew he wasn't "dead" in the first place, and now with everything that has happened and Vince having no choice but to appear in public it will be intriguing how they explain this for the storyline on the show. I mean, they can drop the storyline but they can't just drop the character like Chavo Guerrero did with his "Kerwin White" character after Eddie died. Either way, I'll be watching.......

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion