Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion iPhone

iPhone

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 27th, 2007, 1:38 am

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
I bet there will be a line even before they close to get ready. I wonder how much money will be made in the first few days of the phone being out.

Post June 27th, 2007, 12:32 pm

Points on hand: 69.00 Points
Not that much.. I was at the Apple Store earlier this morning and they said they dont exspect huge lines for it since it is an exspensive gadget. But you never know I guess. They didnt think a whole lot of people werer going to buy the PS3 when it first came out and what happened, they didnt make enough.

Post June 27th, 2007, 12:41 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,873.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

The first one to get me one with a year of free service gets to be VIP for a year [lol]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post June 27th, 2007, 12:55 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points

Post June 27th, 2007, 1:17 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,873.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

[lol] no mod position, we gotta make them spots more valuable!
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post June 27th, 2007, 1:28 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Originally posted by Jakizle

It was only funny at first.

I firgured as much.
Where I come from we use 20 dollar cell phones to do what they are made for...making calls.

I agree 100%. Exactly what I was going to say.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post June 27th, 2007, 1:50 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

The first one to get me one with a year of free service gets to be VIP for a year [lol]

Originally posted by CoAsTeRkRazY

Make it a mod, then you got yourself a deal.[;)]
Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

[lol] no mod position, we gotta make them spots more valuable!

Well what about TWO years of free service [lol]

Post June 27th, 2007, 1:52 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

Post June 27th, 2007, 7:03 pm

Points on hand: 69.00 Points
Well I found something that is just like the iPhone and it cheaper too.. a Moto Q. I think the only difference is that is has the regular butttons and isnt toch screen. It can do everything else a iPhone can do, it can ever do music and videos.

Post June 27th, 2007, 7:05 pm

Points on hand: 2,204.00 Points
Touch screens are overrated. They are cool for a while but when they are used a lot they start to look like crap. I am not buying an iPhone because i don't need to spend that much money on a phone.

Post June 29th, 2007, 1:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,200.00 Points

well i think whats going to become the iphones largest competitor is the LG Prada phone, its smaller, slimmer, simpler, but it keeps the touch screen and has expandable memory

Post June 29th, 2007, 1:12 pm

^I completely agree there. The only thing I am curious about is how much is the Prada?

Post June 29th, 2007, 1:22 pm

Points on hand: 2,200.00 Points

according to froogle you can get an unlocked prada phone for as low as $550, but the lowest price for and unlocked iphone is $700 and thats only for the 4GB model, $900 for the 8GB model

Post June 29th, 2007, 2:35 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

I was going buy one but the price is steep. Instead I settled for a Verizon enV. I didn't really want to wait the extra two weeks for the phone and I did not have the money for a $600 plus phone.

Post June 29th, 2007, 3:02 pm

My dad almost got an enV. Arn't those really heavy?

Post June 30th, 2007, 2:41 am

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

I got an iPhone today. Only waited about 10minutes... there were a lot of people in line all day, but I went around an hour after they opened and only 3 people were left in the line. Got an 8GB model ($599), have put 331 songs, about 100 pictures, all my contacts, calendars, email, browser bookmarks, etc etc in it and still have about 3/4 of the storage left. Setup was easy, I could keep my existing ATT plan (just had to add $20 for unlimited data and email), and in about 10 minutes I was activated and set up.

As for the phone, it's FREAKING AWESOME. The browser is a bit slow when using the mobile network, but if you're in a wifi hotspot, it flies. Email with embedded pics looks fantastic, video looks good, even youTube is decent.

There's a lot more it will do, but I'm still discovering some features.

I like it!
My body isn't a temple. It's an amusement park.

Post June 30th, 2007, 4:40 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
This just in, Directly from WeeWeeSlap!- Anyone who pays for WWS's back surgery gets a FREE iPhone AND 2 years of service payed for compliments of Oscar himself. ;-)

Post June 30th, 2007, 7:35 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I love how there are a few phones EXACTLY like this one that are smaller, cheaper, and just better in general but nobody cares about them because Apple's name wasn't stamped on it. Complete waste of money compared to the price of equivalents and phones that are better than it, just like the iPods are a joke compared to similar MP3 players that are 100 dollars cheaper, have more features, and don't have a failure for a battery.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 30th, 2007, 8:51 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
How much are you paying a month now for that plan for a single phone?

Post June 30th, 2007, 11:13 am

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

I love how there are a few phones EXACTLY like this one that are smaller, cheaper, and just better in general

You really need to know what you're talking about before you type stuff like this.

There are phones that have web browsers, but none of them offer full-scale browsing (not a crappy phone browser) with imbedded pics in email and such. Go to the apple website and watch the videos. Then come back here and drop a link showing ANY phone that is "exactly like iPhone". Even if you find one that's sorta, kinda, almost close, but in a crappy way, it still will be a LONG way from "exactly" like it.
My body isn't a temple. It's an amusement park.

Post June 30th, 2007, 11:43 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I personally am sick of these. I'm sure they're good and whatnot. I'm tired of them getting as much news coverage as paris hilton.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post June 30th, 2007, 1:20 pm

Points on hand: 3,245.00 Points

The thing is that all the features are useless when put together. The internet may be good for quickly checking a message or something, are you going to sit there on the internet on your iPhone instead of a computer, which if you are in an environment where you can actually pay attention to it you are probably near a computer anyway? Yeah, probably for the first week or so, and then you'll just start going on the computer as usual. On a busy day, you may check your email during your lunch, but even still if you're in the profession that would require you to do that, you're probably glued to a laptop anyway. iPod? Okay, and the phone integrated to pause your music when a call comes in is nice, but I believe there are other MP3 player phones that have that option. Again, the map feature to make reservations and things, you will probably be near a computer when the need for a reservation comes up. Unless you are LITERALLY on your way and just want to be sure you probably wont use that feature so much, the phone book maybe a bit more, but for a "quick reservation" if they have a space available, you'd probably be able to do a walk in anyway.

So yeah, it's cool to have it, but after the novelty wheres off are you really going to use IT when it's just as convenient to use a computer? Probably not.

Post June 30th, 2007, 2:13 pm

Points on hand: 1,714.00 Points

I think it's very cool but the price is way to overated.. just like the ps3, it's not going to sell that much until the price goes down.

Post June 30th, 2007, 5:53 pm

Points on hand: 1,123.00 Points
I also think this phone is overrated. The only reason people want it is because of the Apple symbol on it. If it was called something else, no body would probalbly care about. There are also phones better than it too, they are just missing the full screen web browser. I was really hoping someone was going to do a "Smash My iPhone".

Post June 30th, 2007, 6:34 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

i want it for its simplicity. it was made to do what it says. its simple device that i can go on internet while im away from home, listen to my music on and call people with
Making screams come true

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion