Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Cedar Point's next coaster

Cedar Point's next coaster

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post June 27th, 2007, 8:28 am

Points on hand: 1,556.00 Points
Mabey they should buy HypersonicXLC. It seems like a good coaster to put in CP

Post June 27th, 2007, 11:51 pm

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

Hypersonic has very low capacity, and if you have been on it recently, it is VERY rough! especially in the front seat.
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Post June 28th, 2007, 1:50 am

Points on hand: 2,200.00 Points

i dont really see how hypersonic would be good for cp at all, hypersonic was basically built to show the potential of S&S's air launch, not to be a really great ride but to have a strong exciting launch, and TTD turns out to be nearly the same sort of thing, it launches to a high top speed, which is basically the point of the ride, because even though its tall, youre not up there long enough to realize youre 420 feet from the ground, personally i think MF feels taller than TTD because you have a whole lift hill to climb

Post July 1st, 2007, 4:17 pm

Points on hand: 2,219.00 Points

Originally posted by circask8r264

i dont really see how hypersonic would be good for cp at all, hypersonic was basically built to show the potential of S&S's air launch, not to be a really great ride but to have a strong exciting launch, and TTD turns out to be nearly the same sort of thing, it launches to a high top speed, which is basically the point of the ride, because even though its tall, youre not up there long enough to realize youre 420 feet from the ground, personally i think MF feels taller than TTD because you have a whole lift hill to climb

I definitely agree with you because once your at the top you have like 2 seconds to realize your a 110 feet higher than MF. But the lift of MF is fast and gives a great view of all CP. And that right there has already offered just about as much as TTD. MF is definitely Cedar Points best rollercoaster.

Post July 1st, 2007, 4:49 pm

Points on hand: 2,200.00 Points

Originally posted by Lewis13

MF is definitely Cedar Points best rollercoaster.

well i cant agree with you quite yet because i havent made my trip down there yet this year, but it was the best the past few years but maybe not anymore from all the talk about maverick

Post July 1st, 2007, 5:36 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
MF never was the best ride...Raptor definatly is a more quality ride. Plus its always up and running.

Post July 1st, 2007, 5:36 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by Lewis13
MF is definitely Cedar Points best rollercoaster.

Originally posted by circask8r264

but it was the best the past few years

Sighh...I think it's sad that somehow Millennium Force gets so much love.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post July 1st, 2007, 11:32 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

If room is an issue for CP, they might as well burn Mean Streak to the ground. A woodie so hard to maintain should never have been built. You could fit at least 2 coasters in its lot.

Aside from Mean Streak, they should work on making some of their existing rides better. Example, Mantis was probably the worst B&M I've ever ridden; if they were to replace the stand-up trains with some kind of sit-down trains, that would be a great ride. The layout is awesome, but the g's are too intense; (for men) it either crushes your legs or crushes your nuts. Bike seats were never comfortable to begin with.

As far as a new coaster goes, I could see a spinner or something else small. It's too bad they aren't working with Intamin anymore because a pre-fab wood coaster would be a great addition/replacement and would fit with the park's mainstream appeal.

Post July 2nd, 2007, 12:24 am

Originally posted by SMer

If room is an issue for CP, they might as well burn Mean Streak to the ground.

Dude!! Shhh...Ive been planning this all year...If word gets out, Ill be rotting in a jail cell for many years to come.

However, if it totally is an accident, they get insurance money plus room to build a smaller, much sweeter ride.

But, if any of you DO happen to be there and witness the areas largest ever bon fire - look out to the little straight of water next to it. Youll see a guy in a boat just looking on with a giant smile on his face [devilish]

Post July 2nd, 2007, 1:17 am

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Real, I don't think we've ever seen this side of you before.

Post July 2nd, 2007, 2:38 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Originally posted by SMer

Mantis was probably the worst B&M I've ever ridden; if they were to replace the stand-up trains with some kind of sit-down trains, that would be a great ride.

I love you.

Originally posted by Real

Dude!! Shhh...Ive been planning this all year...If word gets out, Ill be rotting in a jail cell for many years to come.

However, if it totally is an accident, they get insurance money plus room to build a smaller, much sweeter ride.

But, if any of you DO happen to be there and witness the areas largest ever bon fire - look out to the little straight of water next to it. Youll see a guy in a boat just looking on with a giant smile on his face [devilish]

I love you, too.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post July 3rd, 2007, 1:14 pm

Originally posted by Real

look out to the little straight of water next to it. Youll see a guy in a boat just looking on with a giant smile on his face [devilish]

[lol] I've only been there twice and each time i was sooooooo tempted to burn it

Post July 3rd, 2007, 1:37 pm

Points on hand: 662.00 Points
they should take down mean streak and put an intamin prefab woodie there.... except with a loop or two

but in the otherhand if cp isn't going to work with intamin anymore, hell build one at sfga

Post July 3rd, 2007, 1:47 pm

Post July 3rd, 2007, 6:26 pm

with a loop or two? Might as well build a multi looper. Not an airtime machine.

Post July 3rd, 2007, 7:00 pm

Points on hand: 662.00 Points
that would b good for a intamin wooden prefab coaster

Post July 3rd, 2007, 7:00 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Think about it this way... wouldn't YOU want ridiculous airtime on your multilooper? lol

Post July 3rd, 2007, 7:07 pm

No. Id want MORE ridiculous airtime instead of loops ;)

Post July 3rd, 2007, 7:42 pm

Points on hand: 1,771.00 Points

I like that idea, except I'd put in something more like El Toro to take Mean Streak's spot.

Post July 3rd, 2007, 8:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,219.00 Points

Cedar Point is my homepark, but i cant see them tearing down meanstreak.
I think they have ran out of room but who knows cedar point can always comprimise to break a record.

Post July 3rd, 2007, 8:38 pm

Points on hand: 643.00 Points

Could they put sand in the water similar to what they are doing in Dubai with the property shaped as the world/palm tree?

Post July 6th, 2007, 11:40 am

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
Originally posted by drummerkid

Could they put sand in the water similar to what they are doing in Dubai with the property shaped as the world/palm tree?

I don't think they have quiet enough money to do that since they still use real toilet paper rather than 50 dollar bills....

Post July 6th, 2007, 4:01 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Cedar point + not enough money? Yeah right!
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post July 6th, 2007, 4:03 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
They have a lot of money but they're not building massive cities out of thin air...

Post July 6th, 2007, 6:17 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

I can't recall where I heard it, but some Cedar Point newsletter was pointing out the fact that they may bring the parking lot somewhere off the peninsula (like at the entrance of the roadstrip to the park) run the guests to and from the park by tram, and turn the parking lot into some nice grounds for more additions. It'd give them alot of room too...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

PreviousNext

Return to General Theme Park Discussions