Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Cedar Point's next coaster

Cedar Point's next coaster

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post July 6th, 2007, 7:50 pm
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 153.00 Points
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

I can't recall where I heard it, but some Cedar Point newsletter was pointing out the fact that they may bring the parking lot somewhere off the peninsula (like at the entrance of the roadstrip to the park) run the guests to and from the park by tram, and turn the parking lot into some nice grounds for more additions. It'd give them alot of room too...

With that kind of room.. You gave me an unrealistic idea! 200 mph in 5 seconds! Do it Rita style with low to the ground action and parabolic hills and a triple zero g roll finale over fire! ahaha, I'm an idiot.

Post July 6th, 2007, 11:55 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Originally posted by drummerkid

Could they put sand in the water similar to what they are doing in Dubai with the property shaped as the world/palm tree?

the last thing they need to do is move outward

Post July 7th, 2007, 12:08 am

Points on hand: 1,811.00 Points

I think a Flying coaster woulg be good, or a new B&M

Post July 7th, 2007, 12:19 am

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points

Post July 7th, 2007, 12:25 am

Points on hand: 2,135.00 Points
yea resize ur avatar i thought u where posting a pic then i relized it was ur avatar

Post July 16th, 2007, 1:35 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

CP splitting up with Intamin? uh... what does that laeve? They've already said "no more B&M's" after Mantis, "No Woodies" after Mean Streak, and now "No Intamins"? Give me a break... if they're going to be that snobby, they don't deserve to build any new coasters. Maybe they'll shock us all and take a few years off.

Here's my suggestion... instead of spending 25 million dollars on a new Intamin coaster that will in turn lose more money in maintenance, modifications, and marketing hold-ups, try spending 7 million dollars on a top 5 woodie. The eighteen million dollars saved in price difference will surely cover the differences in cost of maintaining the wood coaster for a lifetime. Plus, the woodie will just about never break down, and every enthusiast in the country will love you for it. Just my thoughts.

Yes, and Real is right. Somehow, Mean Streak must die!

Post July 16th, 2007, 1:55 am

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

If they were going to build an awesome top 5 woodie, then they better maintain it properly. If not, I'd just rather not have it there in the first place and get all worn out, just like MS. I hope it does die eventually [:D]

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions