Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Ipod

Ipod

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post July 25th, 2007, 2:52 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Yes, I'm getting myself a 30Gb iPod video 5.5G. Well, if anybody has this iPod, or knows some useful info, just let me know.
Every comment on the iPod is welcome and your help is appreciated!

Post July 25th, 2007, 2:59 pm

Points on hand: 1,902.00 Points
IT SUCKS!!!
Explanation:
Cons:
It's more expensive than others, sound quality worse, starting-up time is longer, the video's are quite low quality, you have to be very inefficient to put your music on (first you take it to your library, then you'll have to scan it in there, and THEN you can put it on your Ipod)
Pros:
It's a status symbol...

Post July 25th, 2007, 3:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,556.00 Points
You can go to roller coaster pro and get coaster videos there to put on your ipod.

Post July 25th, 2007, 3:02 pm

Points on hand: 929.00 Points
Bank: 2,385.00 Points
I do not own an iPod because they are a waste of money, and I can watch better quality movies and sound over the Internet, which is faster and has a bigger screen.

Post July 25th, 2007, 3:10 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
^But the point of an Ipod is so it is portable.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post July 25th, 2007, 3:11 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

I have that exact model you will be getting. I do not know what indie is talking about it is not hard at all to put music on and the quality is the same as the others. I have bose earbuds anyway. The only problem I see is its slightly too bulky to run with.

Post July 25th, 2007, 3:14 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

i got the nanao and i must say its really is an awsome it of kit, the sound quility is excelent and the whole operation of it is extreamly easy to use.
the videos arent that low qulity if you get the right files and putting the music is a piece of cake, when you install itunes it atomatically gatheres your music and videos then you just click and drag, not to mention the istore has pratically every single tune ever created

youll have fun with it but i would advise you spend a little and get a pod station rather than just the charging wire you get with it

Making screams come true

Post July 25th, 2007, 3:17 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Don't listen to those guys, they have no idea what they're talking about. I have the same model you're looking to get and I really enjoy it. I find that the video iPods are great for planes and car trips. iTunes is really easy to use and the music store is very well put together.

And indi, how can you comment on the sound quality? Maybe you need to get a better pair of headphones. As far as video quality, it looks great if you rip DVD's for it. How can it have sold so well if it isn't good?

Post July 25th, 2007, 3:32 pm

Points on hand: 1,902.00 Points
Originally posted by RRollergod

The only problem I see is its slightly too bulky to run with.

Oh, I almost forgot, another con [:D]

Originally posted by Woodie Man

And indi, how can you comment on the sound quality? Maybe you need to get a better pair of headphones. As far as video quality, it looks great if you rip DVD's for it. How can it have sold so well if it isn't good?

Maybe you should try the SANDISK [:D] Sound is about 4 times better![:O]

Post July 25th, 2007, 3:32 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

I've had that model for a year and half. It works perfectly fine. The battery life is long enough and the videos are good quality and the sound is top notch.

Just get different head-phones then the ear-buds they come with. They have no bass support and when you play a song on them at a high volume, they get all fuzzy and static.

Post July 25th, 2007, 3:34 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
^^Huh, the what now? Hard to know what you're talking about without a model number or something like that.

Post July 25th, 2007, 3:41 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Ive listened to quite a few mp3 players and Ive never noticed sound quality differences that couldnt be explained by a couple factors:

MP3 quality
Headphone quality
EQ setting

All of which, except maybe the EQ, are independant of the player.

Post July 25th, 2007, 3:45 pm

Points on hand: 1,955.00 Points

get it, i agree with it having horrible headphones to come with, but hey...i still use 'em. and if you have a problem it's so easy to fix either restart, or i'm sure (because who really doesn't have an ipod) someone can help, either the apple store or a friend. Plus, since it is so widely used and a mp3 symbol, you can get sooooo many accessories, and itunes is great!!!

so after that novel of a response, my quick answer is yes, definetly get it!!!!

Post July 25th, 2007, 4:04 pm

Points on hand: 96.00 Points
Bank: 4,290.00 Points
I don't own anything apple made because it's all just a big money making scam.
As long as it's an I something, kids want it and there parents need to pay for it. How does any customer benefit from all this crap? The kids take it to schools here and then their grades decrease significantly for some strange reason. And every time a new thing comes along every second person wants it even though they had the model that came out right before it.

It's about the logo and not the products capabilities. Steve Jobs can just as well take multiple dumps and sell Iturds.

Post July 25th, 2007, 4:17 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

I only bought it because it has better reviews then most of the models out there. I always look into a product before I like it.

Sure, some Apple products are completely stupid, but they're not a marketing scam. They just hit a gold mine and got lucky and are at the top of their economic gain. If you had a company like that, I'm sure you'd exploit your products as much as you could.

Post July 25th, 2007, 4:40 pm

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

Originally posted by dj-dj

As long as it's an I something, kids want it and there parents need to pay for it. How does any customer benefit from all this crap? The kids take it to schools here and then their grades decrease significantly for some strange reason. And every time a new thing comes along every second person wants it even though they had the model that came out right before it.

It's about the logo and not the products capabilities. Steve Jobs can just as well take multiple dumps and sell Iturds.

hahha yeah i know, i feel the same way

and i had to laugh when my friend brought the iRouter or whatever its called [Apple Airport Extreme Base STATION](although in his fairness, his old rourter didn't have the drivers for his mac book)
Rarwh

Post July 25th, 2007, 10:06 pm

Points on hand: 1,955.00 Points
Originally posted by dj-dj

what company isn't out there for money, yea whatever has an i something in front of it, means it's capable for an iPod. More the reason to buy one, more accessories, more things to do with your iPod. It's a trend, has anyone not noticed the same thing with clothes that has been going on forever now...grades don't always drop, anybody that buys any MP3 player can pay attention to that other than they're schoolwork. It can help, you can put books on your iPod, really anything that can be useful for school, you just gotta know when and how to use it wisely.

i respect your opinion, but i feel you hate it because of its popularity factor, ignore that and you got one hell of MP3 player compared to its competition!!! I think you have a misunderstanding.

or im optimistic, and you're pessimistic. kinda...

Post July 25th, 2007, 10:08 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
iPods ABSOLUTELY SUCK compared to similarly priced models in all categories PERIOD. They lack in features, battery life, and durability. They stole technology from Creative Labs, and they're some of the most overpriced players I have ever seen.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 25th, 2007, 10:14 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
ACkkk. Some poeple like to not get an iPod just so they can say they DONT have an ipod. Ipods are the most popular thing on the markey for a reason people. They are easy to use, they stream easily with your itunes (which everyone should be using by now, wmp sucks). My ipod has been totally durable, compact, long lasting for the last 2 years. It's the greatest thing I've ever bought.

And indi, the video quality sucks??? lol. Put better quality videos on it then. It sounds as though you don't know the subject your talking about.

Post July 25th, 2007, 10:18 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

iPods ABSOLUTELY SUCK compared to similarly priced models in all categories PERIOD. They lack in features, battery life, and durability. They stole technology from Creative Labs, and they're some of the most overpriced players I have ever seen.
i was thinking about that. creative's stuf isn't that expensive and i was thinking about getting one of their mp3 players.. now i'm convinced.

Post July 25th, 2007, 10:20 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Post July 25th, 2007, 10:27 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

jimmy. you need to see this..
the mp3 format works great for lots of things, mostly kids bopping around to the latest top forty crap. i see in you listening list pixies and flamin' lips. both, and the latter espescially , have very special recording and production techniques that cannot be fully appreciated in mp3 form. [blah]

Post July 25th, 2007, 10:35 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

I've never had a problem with my ipod, and it's still working after more than 2 1/2 years. I don't have a video one so I can't really comment about that (not even a color one[:p]) but the quality of the music is only as good as what you put on it, and your headphones or speakers of course. All my music is in lossless format so it sounds great, but yeah, crappy downloaded mp3s will sound like crappy downloaded mp3s no matter what you play them through.

Post July 25th, 2007, 10:50 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Post July 25th, 2007, 10:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Originally posted by jayman

jimmy. you need to see this..
the mp3 format works great for lots of things, mostly kids bopping around to the latest top forty crap. i see in you listening list pixies and flamin' lips. both, and the latter espescially , have very special recording and production techniques that cannot be fully appreciated in mp3 form. [blah]

Which is exactly why you get an iPod and use the m4a loss-less format.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion