Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Girl Loses her virginity.... ring

Girl Loses her virginity.... ring

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post July 23rd, 2007, 9:49 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

boo, you're no fun
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post July 23rd, 2007, 10:54 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
For anyone wondering...I did mean that. Religious...eh. The Pharisees were the super religious and look how far they got. Mocked by God. Thats gotta suck.

Ill stick ignoring the religion part and focusing on the actual God part. Since very little of religion today has anything to do with God.

Post July 23rd, 2007, 11:07 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Personally my favorite part of religion is buying indulgences.

Post July 24th, 2007, 8:12 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Originally posted by Jimmy Yoshi

Personally my favorite part of religion is buying indulgences.
Image Phil 4:19 says "And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Translation? God will provide, so there is no need to spend on indulgences that you think will make you happy -- rather, allow the Lord to provide for you by fully trusting in Him; and then you shall have the glorious riches in Christ (the redeemer).
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post July 24th, 2007, 8:24 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Haha I was kidding TConwell, I'm a regulary attendee at my church.

Post July 24th, 2007, 8:26 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

Originally posted by Real

For anyone wondering...I did mean that. Religious...eh. The Pharisees were the super religious and look how far they got. Mocked by God. Thats gotta suck.

Ill stick ignoring the religion part and focusing on the actual God part. Since very little of religion today has anything to do with God.

Excellent post. I really couldnt agree with you more, and that post reminded me why I respect you so much as far as your religious upstanding is concerned.

Post July 25th, 2007, 1:41 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
As soon as god proves to me he exist, i'll start believing in him, fair deal huh?

Post July 25th, 2007, 4:07 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

^ No one is asking you to believe in God smart ass.*eye roll*

It's like you have a child like perception of what God is and so therefore you cant exactly grasp what God actually might be. Get over yourself. If you don't want to believe in God that's your choice. It works for some and not for others. What consequences result are yet to be seen but we'll find out.... or maybe we won't?

Besides the topic isn't about if God exists. It's about one's right to remind themselves of various issues of morality with objects such as a ring.

We've also discussed various other themes one of which is not "Does God exist?"

Lets keep on topic with the topic and the various themes that this topic also brings up and not stray off to a "God vs. No God" debate.[;)]

Post July 25th, 2007, 5:07 am

Points on hand: 1,902.00 Points
I guess god is just the same as mother nature... I mean, the law of Gravity has been discovered by Newton, but I think the apple, who was dropped by nature (to be more precise: by the tree) was helped by god, which then is the same as mother nature...

Post July 25th, 2007, 3:25 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

the apple fell to the ground because the huge mass of the earth. Big masses attract small masses....that's just gravity. And how the apple fell, but the tree wants to reproduce itself, and use the fruit to do that....that's just biology.

Post July 25th, 2007, 3:37 pm

Points on hand: 1,902.00 Points

Post July 25th, 2007, 3:45 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Where does god fit into biology? biology is a study how organisms work, and appartly organisms 'eat' materials, burn them for enery, and 'shiz'. other organisms use other organisms 'shiz' and sunlight to make materials. the also reproduce and grow and that basically it. Of course it's much complexer with DNA and stuff, but i summarized it

Post July 25th, 2007, 5:26 pm

Creationism and evolutionism. Theres another topic for that. Look it up.

Post July 25th, 2007, 7:36 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

How did we go from a girl's stance on wearing a ring to proving God exists? Talking about drifting topics ... [blah]
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post July 25th, 2007, 8:56 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

kind of the point.
the whole thing was about not allowing religious articles of clothing at schools. this means that kids can't do something like wear a bleeding jesus tshirt or, even lamer, a birka to school. in my opinion.. eh.. technically yes, it is a "religious" item by definition, and they cannot make an exception. but i think it's lame that anyone would even bring it up. a ring that suggests " i will not put out because i respect sex " is not the same as " i think it's cool that my religion treats women like shiz so i'm wearing this stupid thing and everyone has to put up with 'the faceless girl' "

Post July 26th, 2007, 2:51 pm

Points on hand: 3,245.00 Points

I wish this was an attack on God so people in this thread would have a reason to complain.

The socioeconomic conditions in a lot of Britain vary drastically within school zones. uniforms and jewelry limitations are enforced to keep everyone equal on the superficial level. Uniforms are often enforced here in the US for the same reasons. There was NO NEED for her to take the case that far. That type of action obviously shows she is starved for attention, for any form of recognition she can get, even for something as simple as her virginity. She wanted to make a big deal of it, and she did, and the court didn't care to stoke her desires. I applaud them.

I agree with Real, she should just put the ring on a necklace. If it's that important to her, she's probably got a crucifix necklace anyway, so combine the two and voila: problem solved.

Also, about Muslim women's coverings, not all branches of Islam practice that. It's simply a differing, more literal and strict, interpretation of a text that says they are to be modest. They are required, by their texts, to cover their private parts, but apparently in the Qur'an, it doesn't exactly say private parts, but something along the lines of "sacred parts." I could be mistaken about that, I haven't read about this in a while. Anyway, the harsh covering of the face is viewed by some as a more complete form of adhering to the Qur'an. There's nothing demeaning about the wraps if the woman is truly devout in her faith.

Post July 26th, 2007, 2:56 pm

Thats a lame statement to say that shes a attention starved girl. She could have been prompted and forced by her parents to go through with it.

Especially when you definatly know little about her. Pretty shallow statement I think. Far more often the parents take these changes worse than the child.

Post July 26th, 2007, 3:21 pm

Points on hand: 3,245.00 Points

Okay, I'll give you that it could have been her parents. If that's the case I take it back.

If not, though, I would definitely place a bet in that direction.

Post July 26th, 2007, 3:24 pm

So would I, I just doubt some high schooler would take something like that to court. She probably came home and complained - as would anyone at first. Then you have half the parents who say "Get used to it, its the rules" and the other half who say "We are going to fight this to the death!"

I just think its unfair to think it was all up to her. If it was, then I agree - lame.

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion