Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster My laziness took over NL designing???

My laziness took over NL designing???

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post July 7th, 2009, 1:47 pm

Points on hand: 1,257.00 Points
I haven't used NL in soooo long, I really want to, but every coaster I used to make took days. I've tried to make more coasters, but I usually just end up not trying anymore and give up. How does everyone do it? How can people continue to make coasters all the time? Every coaster I'm about to make, i get maybe 10 minutes into making one, then give up and do something else, but I really want to make a coaster, any suggestion onto help my little problem? [:)]

Post July 7th, 2009, 2:00 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
ask jensenator, he went an entire year without touching NL, and now he's back building great things again. He'd be able to answer your question.

Post July 7th, 2009, 2:36 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I suffer a similar problem, I feel like my standards out-do my skills, so after an hour or so of building, there is some form of irremovable kink and so I just give up [lol]. For instance, I have a few incredible (IMO) layouts lying around for my 2010 coaster and yet each time I try to construct one, I get to a point and it just doesn't seem "perfect", so I bin it.

Post July 7th, 2009, 2:58 pm

Points on hand: 3,207.00 Points

My problem is a bit more complicated and annoying....
I start building a new track. It's awesome! But when I'm almost done with the track and terraforming (sometimes months in), I get another cool idea. I build that for a little, marvel at how smooth it is, then go back to the other one. The trackwork sucks!

So basically, the fact that I keep improving screws me over. [lol] And that's why I haven't released a ride since 2007.

Post July 7th, 2009, 3:47 pm

Points on hand: 96.00 Points
Bank: 4,290.00 Points

Post July 7th, 2009, 5:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,257.00 Points
Yeah, my problem is exactly like gouldy. Once I hit a point in the track where its not smooth, i give up and do something else [:p]

Post July 7th, 2009, 5:18 pm

Points on hand: 1,277.00 Points
This true for me too. I would like to build great coasters, but all I can do is TTD/KK style coasters that don't take much work anyways.

The funny part is when I have to make websites that take a lot of time and effort, I can focus for 6 to 7 hours straight.

Post July 7th, 2009, 5:31 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Lol, its funny you should bring this up. I am probably one of the lazier people on this site because I have actually never really completed a good coaster. I use the FVD formula, and whenever the Formula starts to act up and the coaster turns into a fail coaster, BOOP, that rides done. Lol. Me and Landon have had constant fights over it. Oh, and when it comes to supporting, i've never actually finished supporting a coaster, my older coasters were prefab supports. That will change soon though, be on the lookout in the next couple of days.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post July 7th, 2009, 6:26 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

Post July 7th, 2009, 7:05 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

I start stuff and get bored with it. I have a ton of rides with a lift and a drop and maybe some extra stuff... but that's it.

Post July 10th, 2009, 5:36 pm

Points on hand: 983.00 Points
IKR i have the same issue i just dont have as much patience as i do on RCT3[:I]

Return to No Limits Coaster