Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion The Vatican is craazzyyy

The Vatican is craazzyyy

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post August 24th, 2007, 4:17 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
But we should all know that.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19692094/
http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2007/07/1 ... ml?ref=rss

This conversation you dont need to really know anything other than the catholic church and some bible.

Anyways, back in July the vatican released a document stating that Jesus formed only one church, that church being the Catholic church. The document goes on to say that ALL other churches, christian or not, if they are not Catholic, are null and void.

My question is this: Where in all of the bible did Jesus create a church that in any way resembles the Catholic church? If anything, the church as we know it was mostly created by Peter well after Jesus' death.

But the Catholic church? Im just totally puzzled. Much of what goes on in a Catholic mass IMO is closer to paganism than it is to being more like Christ. Far too ritualistic and repetative - two things Jesus warns against if you wish to know Him better alluding to the fact that rituals and repetative natures turn people into drones who do things just to do them instead of being organic creatures.

Theres entirely too many other areas we could get into but seeing how the Catholic Church is now further seperating itself from the Body of God...what do you guys think of this move?

Remember, the Catholic churh is now saying that you are not part of a REAL church unless you are catholic. Christian? Nope. Prodestant? Nope. Evangelical? Nope.

Post August 24th, 2007, 4:28 pm

Points on hand: 1,038.00 Points

I'm not Catholic, but I go to a catholic school. Yes, I belive the vatican is totally wrong on this, but most catholics don't even know about this, and are very friendly. But I agree, the pope, r his workers, or whoever wrote this has a wrong sense of why Jesus came to this Earth(if you are religious and belive that like me). He didn't come to just save catholics and create their church, he came for all mankind. And besides, if they want to get technical, he was really a Jew, and catholicism wasn't started yet.

Post August 24th, 2007, 4:31 pm

Points on hand: 2,204.00 Points
They are crazy. in my opinion as long as you believe that Christ is the son of God and that he forgives nay one if they want it than your Christian. I don't believe in any of the purgatory or indulgences or any of the other crap the catholic church dished out to make profit from. They might not do some of that anymore but my family is catholic and i get pissed at them when they try to force things on me.

Post August 24th, 2007, 4:46 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
being forceful about crap like that is quite unchristian. i think it's stupid personally, and i am a christian, but not catholic. It's a wonder why people always question the catholic race as opposed to more protestant or evangelicial churches. stuff like this makes no sence

Post August 24th, 2007, 4:59 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

This is why organized religion blows.

I'd rather just pray to my Banana and call it a day.

Post August 24th, 2007, 5:05 pm

Originally posted by Canadmos

Quoted for truth.

Post August 24th, 2007, 5:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,336.00 Points
Originally posted by Canadmos

You would get the same results as praying to the invisible man living in your attic. I do not have a problem with organized religion, but when a religion starts to affect those around it in such a way, thats when I attack.
Gay sex is great! (Qwerty 18:22)

Post August 24th, 2007, 5:35 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
It's religion making the world a better place and bringing people together Real.

I hate this shiz about how there is only one "right church". I haven't seen two of my cousins in my whole life and an aunt. The other two cousins I've seen once and the other aunt I saw once recently. Coincidentally I was being used as dumb muscle during that. My grandma never made an effort to see us (me and my siblings) and I only really saw her once a year, and that was several years ago.

Why?

Myself and my siblings are tainted with catholicism and most of my dad's family hates him for marrying a catholic woman. Thanks Jesus.

And more on topic....
Last I checked "he started it" in both a negative context and a positive context was and still is very childish. Fix current issues before you invent new ones.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post August 24th, 2007, 5:47 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
It seems to me from the history that I know that Jesus really didn't have a big intention of creating a new religion or Church. My view as a non-Christian was that his followers were more responsible for that.

Post August 24th, 2007, 6:08 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Heh ... when I get to Heaven, I ask Jesus personally what He meant.

... And oh yeah, this story brought to you by the same people bent on covering up the pedaphile actions within its own ranks.

Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post August 24th, 2007, 6:18 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

That being a problem I was hinting at that needed to be fixed before they invented a new one...

Post August 24th, 2007, 6:22 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
This is why I find the Catholic religion to be so disgusting. Not that they are the only religion out there that believes they are the true Christian followers...most of the different branches believe that to some extent... but the Catholic leaders have the audacity to come right out and say it to the world. The Vatican seems more interested in having political clout in the world instead of serving their god, IMHO.

Post August 24th, 2007, 6:29 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

ALL denominations are ridiculous. Christianity is based entirely on the Bible, and therefore a Christian following anything else but the Bible alone is not following their faith. I will never understand how catholics, who twist around Biblical meanings, call themselves Christians.

Post August 24th, 2007, 6:33 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Post August 24th, 2007, 7:12 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

[r]'s

Quoted for the absolute truth.[:D]

Post August 24th, 2007, 7:16 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

Christianity is based entirely on the Bible.

I recall the religious book being created AFTER the religion. And the old testament should look eerily familiar to the Torah to you.

Post August 24th, 2007, 9:09 pm

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

And the old testament should look eerily familiar to the Torah to you.

Well ... duh. I mean, the first five books are the same. However you slice and dice it -- this one was absolutely hilarious. I wrote a blog about this one over on MySpace, let me just post my comments from it:

/ Rant

So, they are the only church? Way to isolate folks and ensure that denominational barriers are re-inforced. And oh yeah, wasn't Jesus .... A JEW? I would love to ask the Pope how he gets around releasing documentation that HIS church is the ONLY way - regardless of his flawed logic about tracing back to the original anything. Paul was not a Catholic, neither was John, Timothy, Matthew, etc. It does seem though that my bible says "I am the way, the truth, and the life, and no man comes to the Father except through me" (John 14:6).

There is no decree made to man EXCEPT that Jesus is the only way. By the way, denominational barriers are man-made, not Christ-made!

Yeah, it's official -- the Pope is on crack with this one ... no doubt about it.

Signed,

Reverend TJ Conwell

/ Rant over

Post August 24th, 2007, 9:54 pm

Post August 24th, 2007, 10:24 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

[lol] at blackhand, my mom and dad see the pope the same way there
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post August 24th, 2007, 10:40 pm

My granfather used to feel that every pope that took power was some form of the anti-christ.

I talked to my fiance about it and she laughed every other sentence when I read her the article. Its just so entirely foolish. For one, Jesus didnt create the Church. He created the disciples who created the church. Read Acts - the basic blueprints for a church are there.

But its funny...in those blueprints you read nothing of:

Praying to Mary
Praying to anyone other than God/Jesus
Ritualistic repetition
Having Mass in LATIN

The Catholic church came to be in 312AD (almost 300 years after Jesus DIED) and that particular church actually has pagan origins. Hmm, go figure?

Read this:
http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/Cul ... tholic.htm

Pretty much is all ownage.

Post August 24th, 2007, 11:30 pm

Don't forget Real -- why should ANY human have to go and confess their sins to someone who is JUST as big of a sinner as they are? (Cough, priests are HUMAN beings!) If you ever want to start a fight with a devout Catholic, lay that little piece of doctrinal truth on them. I love to see my parents squirm when I drop that one on them.

Post August 24th, 2007, 11:32 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

confess evil one! [devilish]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post August 24th, 2007, 11:41 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

he's just pissed off because they don't want to be the only ones in silly hats!!

Post August 25th, 2007, 12:16 am

Ahh yea, thats the other one I was forgetting Tcon. I love that argument as well. Im all for laying out my problems with another human being - its accountability and its biblical. But when you have to go through another person in order for God to hear them, thats a completely corrupt idea.

Post August 25th, 2007, 10:28 am

Such power ... such arrogance ... such laughter!! I wonder though on a very serious note, how those who have believed this way have felt one minute after death? I sure hope that at the very least, their hearts were right. [;)]

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion