Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster No Limits Supports

No Limits Supports

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post September 7th, 2009, 6:05 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
Hey guys...

I'm working on a B&M hyper (Copperhead) right now...it's my first coaster in a while. One issue I have had before and am having again in the supports when the beams meet the footers...For some reason I can not seem to insert an image or screenshot. I also tried linking it thru imageshack and my screenshots are in the compatibility folder, but when I go to upload an image they are no where to be found. Does anyone know how I can get around this?

My problem in NL is that when I connect a support beam from a node to a footer...the beamflattens out so half of it is connected to the footer...but the other half is not and there is a wedge like gap between the bem and the footer where it should be connected. Is there anyway around this so that the beam is full without a chunk missing from the footer? Or is that something you have to deal with?

Post September 7th, 2009, 6:57 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

you can add another small been pointing straight upwards to act againt this, it just takes a while to get correct
Making screams come true

Post September 7th, 2009, 7:39 pm

Ok...that's wat I was thinking of doing...other than that there is no option or anything that fixes this though correct?

Post September 7th, 2009, 7:40 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
If you don't feel like going between the editor and the sim and really finessing your vertical beam, you can just make it a little taller than it has to be and you'll be fine.

Post September 7th, 2009, 7:55 pm

It's ok I got a way I can make it look nice that doesnt add too much work.

Thanks guys...Oh BTW...do you know how I can fix my other problem with screenshots??? They are available in the compatibility files folder...but when I go to upload of insert and image...they are no where to be found. Same thing when I go to upload a track.

Post September 8th, 2009, 12:07 am

Points on hand: 1,492.00 Points
I think god just hates you. HAHA. You sure you are using the correct code. Or maybe its just imageshack, going through some maintnence. I use photobucket, so im not sure if they have a different method of doing things.
Sometimes you gotta sacrifice a little bit of yourself to get the job done.

Post September 8th, 2009, 5:32 pm

IDK...I've tried numerous ways to do it an I can't get to them. If I just search for them, I can find them when I get to the folder and hit compatible files. But when I upload...the button isn't there.

Post September 8th, 2009, 6:33 pm
yoshifreak Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 241.00 Points
If you turn off UAC (User Account Controls or something like that) in the vista menu, you'll never have to deal with compatibility files again. IMO it makes vista alot easier to struggle with, but I heard there are security risks if you do, although I've never had any problems.

Post September 8th, 2009, 6:59 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
^ I did the exact same thing on my laptop and nearly all problems I've ever had with Vista were gone completely. No more having to give admin privilges to all the programs you work with, nor run anything as admin. If you don't do either, NL will not be able to save anything - screenshots, track files, whatever. Worst, it will make it look like it's working just fine while not actually producing any files.

Regarding security, Windows XP had no UAC and ran just fine. There shouldn't be any problems on vista either unless you're DLing in the wrong places or getting attacked by someone. However, I did hear that other Windows components (such as windows installer) will act up and stop working properly because the computer is "insecure" but I have never had to deal with such instances.

I should mention, turning off UAC will also streamline the most basic tasks. Something as simple as renaming a file will always trigger 2-3 windows that you have to OK to in order to rename a file. Turning off UAC gets rid of that completely.

Back to the OP's issue, I have no clue what said compatibility files folder is. NL places all screenshots in C:\Program Files\Nolimits Coasters\Screenshots regardless of which windows OS it's running on. Maybe no screenshots were ever taken in the first place, or maybe you were simply looking in the wrong folder.

It is also strongly advised to convert your screenshots from the .bmp file format, which results in very large file sizes. .jpg is the best format to convert to, but if you can't get any programs to save to it, then you can use .png as well. Yes, Microsoft Paint can save to .jpg, but the quality is horrible and you're better off using .png if you have to use paint to convert the screenshots. Resizing them is also advisable unless you're already running NL at a very low resolution. (such as 640x480 or 800x600)

Post September 8th, 2009, 7:02 pm
Premium Member

^Exactly. Literally one day after I got my laptop with vista, I got tired of giving permission for everything and couldn't find any of my newton files, screenshots, elementary wizard/formulas, etc. and everything was fine as soon as I took UAC off.

EDIT: The compatibility files folder is something stupid vista came up with that is virtually impossible to access by any program, it's really stupid, but once again UAC being off fixes all your problems.

Post September 8th, 2009, 7:14 pm

Post September 8th, 2009, 8:13 pm
Premium Member

Open Control Panel.

Under User Account and Family settings click on the "Add or remove user account".

Click on your user account..

Under the user account click on the "Go to the main User Account page".

Under "Make changes to your user account" click on the "Change security settings".

In the "Turn on User Account Control (UAC) to make your computer more secure" unselect the "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer". Click on the Ok button.

Edit: I think you have to reboot then.

Post September 8th, 2009, 8:57 pm

THANKS!...expect a few tracks from me soon if it works!

Post September 10th, 2009, 11:35 am

Points on hand: 1,326.00 Points

Return to No Limits Coaster