Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion A New Problem For Me

A New Problem For Me

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post November 11th, 2007, 11:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,141.00 Points
My computer wouldn't work the other day, so we had to get it fixed. The guy said our hard drive was fried. So he gave us a new hard drive with more memory and more RAM. The problem is, when I open Limewire now, it won't connect to the network. It worked just fine before the hard drive fried. It also won't make a network connection to my Xbox 360. How do I fix this Limewire issue?

Post November 11th, 2007, 11:38 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Uninstall and reinstall .... the new HD is obviously missing some executable portions of the program and a reinstall will take care of that.

Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post November 11th, 2007, 11:45 pm

I just uninstalled and re-installed it and it still isn't connecting [confused]

Edit: I just upgraded it to Pro and the connection started out a bit jumpy at first, but I have a turbo-charged connection now. Thanks alot TConwell! [:D]

Post November 12th, 2007, 12:33 am

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
If I remember right, Limewire REQUIRES SpyWare in order to run. This leaves you extremely vulnerable to all kinds of nastiness and viruses. How exactly did your hard drive get fried? Maybe Limewire is part of the problem.

Post November 12th, 2007, 1:13 am

The guy that fixed it is the best in my area and he said they normally only last so long and we were lucky to get 5 years out of that hard drive cuz it was gettin so slow and the ram and memory was low

Post November 12th, 2007, 11:19 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Typical hardware failure ... just keep an eye out for Spyware stuff being (or trying to be) installed on your machine and you should be good for another few years. Enjoy.

Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post November 12th, 2007, 12:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,417.00 Points
my harddrive is like 10 years old and it works fine, its a 20gb one

Post November 12th, 2007, 6:29 pm

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

My sony vaio is PLAUGED with HardDrive failiers

i think its that model (don't know it rite now)

infact, out of all the *don't buy sony vaio's they are shiz* what people say, its not true, i clean reinstalled vista, and almost everything (drivers) for all the fancy add-ones worked

unlike my Acer Aspire 5920G that i have now, i clean installed vista on it and it was dead in the water, i coudn't even connect to the internet cuz the wireless and wired lan card's didn't work, i had to download them off my other computer and USB drive them over *sigh*

AND THEN i had to install at least 10 drivers from the ACER support site to get the computer running... sorta

even then the 5920G is really really really good bang for buck, i woudn't recomend it

Rarwh

Return to Off Topic Discussion