Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion oh,,, yeah..i want to join this religion..

oh,,, yeah..i want to join this religion..

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post December 2nd, 2007, 9:22 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

I can consider that Matt, you bet and I agree with it ... it provides more evidence that voting is actually important for your generation who are now eligible.

BTW, I love your edit Matt ... [lol] ... good stuff all around. And "sect" is actually not a totally bad word in this case, it is very divided over many things and one thing that really bothers me and always has. I have actually been working on opening dialogues with several other folks from different demoninations (read:sects) to see how we can perhaps remove some of the separation ....
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post December 2nd, 2007, 9:35 pm

Points on hand: 2,400.00 Points

Originally posted by TConwell

Actually Matt, it is not the Christians leading the charge in denying gay marriages, but the US Congress as well as State Senates who will not approve it. Take it up with them. Christian groups are merely expressing their view (much like you are here), and "they" really have no power in the US to make or pass law.

Calaway, your hatred is very telling ... at least Gerst is trying to be inquisitive (read:mature) and find out/verify information. Good luck with all that.

Gerst, you already have your answer from your friend, and I know it has been said on this site for years now. The actions associated with being gay is a sin (according to any version of the bible), but denying Christ as Savior is what gets you to hell. Jesus made it very clear to love the sinner, but oppose the sin(s). It is with hope and faith that through the example of Christ that all would come to repentence and turn away from sin .... but to answer your question, denying Christ as Savior is the "ticket to hell", period.

Edit: On a side and personal note, I wish I could be face to face with you guys ... it would be good to have a decent conversation where one could not hide behind a monitor and be as disrespectful as they can imagine. Face to face, since I am as old as most of your parents, I am sure that you would back off a tad and perhaps listen (or at least pretend to listen) to what others had to say without the kicked up level of immaturity because you can. I think I have said enough, let the flaming continue and someone else can take it up the charge ... I am simply tired of the disrespect.

Hatred? More like honesty. God controls what happens, and obviously he's not going to go around killing off people for no reason, amirite?

Everything happens for a reason, therefore she was supposed to die. Everyone dies eventually but apparently it was her 'time.'

And Fred Phelps isn't a Christian I'm not even referring to him. Fred Phelps is just retarded.

And I went to bible camp, homosexuality was treated like the most disgusting thing that has ever been done. It was a CHRISTIAN bible camp.

Post December 2nd, 2007, 9:38 pm

Because it is a sin and NOT encouraged or welcomed to be practiced, knucklehead. Man, I think CKMWM is actually onto something ... you ARE clueless, aren't you? Geesh man, come up for air.

Post December 2nd, 2007, 9:44 pm

Because it is a sin and NOT encouraged or welcomed to be practiced, knucklehead. Man, I think CKMWM is actually onto something ... you ARE clueless, aren't you? Geesh man, come up for air.

Give me a logical damn reason why it's a sin? "BECUZ DA BIBAL SEZ SO YA!"

"God said so?"

If Jesus died for our sins why does the bible still say gays go to hell no matter what? Because it does.

Romans 1:26-27: "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another, Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion."

Leviticus 20:13: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them."

Post December 2nd, 2007, 10:22 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

well..
since i am not a "christian" i shouldn't, but i will.
first of all.. being a christian oughta mean simply being like jesus.. it might as well be called "jesusism" in it's purest form.
there are two major parts of the bible..
one involves god directly influencing the lives of "his children" the jews.it involves following a whole shizload of rules and some pretty bloody stuff.
the second involves christ coming and givin it up for EVERYONE,so that they don't get screwed if they can't follow all the rules, which god knew was impossible in the first place, and then later the teachings of the people who started teaching that shiz when dude went back up to heaven.
the new testament rules the levitican laws null and void, and the romans quote was paul being historical and trying to make a point.

Post December 2nd, 2007, 10:32 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
Guys... Christianity is hardly the only religion that views homosexuality as a sin. Just be glad that you don't live in a country that puts you to death for it.

Post December 2nd, 2007, 10:39 pm

Exactly Kev -- But it is the one that seems to cut the deepest with people, hence the immature going off when it is not understood, eh?

Correct assessment Jay. And with the knowledge that "Jesus gave it up for all", one would seek to live for Him and NOT for themself anymore, if they subscribed to that train of thought of course.

Calaway -- It is because of your own disobedience that you CHOOSE to live the way you do, and yes, the sin is that you would do so against what God would desire for your life, that is the sinful part. (Man, there is that choice again, eh?)

Translation? That's right pal, it is YOUR choice to live like you want -- and YOU get to deal with it, eventually. Isn't the best part? Yes, it is. Because it puts the owness on YOU, and does not allow you to weasel out by blaming someone else for however your life turns out. IMO, that is the best part.

And, since you wanna quote scripture, you forgot:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10: "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Don't mess with me kiddo, I will own you and show you a new level of mental pain when it comes to running scripture all over the place.

Edit: Be a man rather than showing your age, make YOUR choice, and live with it without trying to take out your own confusion of how to live on everyone else.

In a word? Choose. Gosh, where have I heard that before?

Post December 2nd, 2007, 10:58 pm

Exactly Kev -- But it is the one that seems to cut the deepest with people, hence the immature going off when it is not understood, eh?

Correct assessment Jay. And with the knowledge that "Jesus gave it up for all", one would seek to live for Him and NOT for themself anymore, if they subscribed to that train of thought of course.

Calaway -- It is because of your own disobedience that you CHOOSE to live the way you do, and yes, the sin is that you would do so against what God would desire for your life, that is the sinful part. (Man, there is that choice again, eh?)

Translation? That's right pal, it is YOUR choice to live like you want -- and YOU get to deal with it, eventually. Isn't the best part? Yes, it is. Because it puts the owness on YOU, and does not allow you to weasel out by blaming someone else for however your life turns out. IMO, that is the best part.

And, since you wanna quote scripture, you forgot:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10: "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

Don't mess with me kiddo, I will own you and show you a new level of mental pain when it comes to running scripture all over the place.

Edit: Be a man rather than showing your age, make YOUR choice, and live with it without trying to take out your own confusion of how to live on everyone else.

In a word? Choose. Gosh, where have I heard that before?

Okay, I'll *CHOOSE* to be straight when you *CHOOSE* to be gay, see how that works out.

Post December 2nd, 2007, 11:01 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

^ Dude... just stop. You're not going to get anywhere with this. So long as you are happy with yourself, that's all that matters.

Post December 2nd, 2007, 11:20 pm

Gosh, I am glad someone said it. Apparently, subtle hints in how to live and being happy with your choice did not work. And Calaway, I really, really, really, really, really like women, period -- and that will NEVER change.

Post December 2nd, 2007, 11:20 pm

Originally posted by Kev

^ Dude... just stop. You're not going to get anywhere with this. So long as you are happy with yourself, that's all that matters.

No, because being happy with myself means I get to live in eternal pain, remember?

Post December 2nd, 2007, 11:24 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Anyone here practice scientology? I hear it's quite a refreshing religion!
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post December 2nd, 2007, 11:28 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

^^ Here's a tip for ya... Being happy with yourself means you don't have to defend yourself to anybody.

Think about it. Otherwise, your life WILL be eternal pain with all of the worrying about what other people think about you.

Post December 2nd, 2007, 11:30 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

Anyone here practice scientology? I hear it's quite a refreshing religion!

Yeah.. But Tom Cruise is STILL in the closet, and he won't come out. [lol]

yeah, i know. lame south park joke. couldn't resist.

Post December 2nd, 2007, 11:32 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
i'm not gonna quote Tcon's long ass post from 2 pages back, but if i read correctly, not believing in jesus and the stuff will get to hell or what?

Post December 2nd, 2007, 11:39 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Calaway, you shouldn't have to worry about what happens when you die. Live your damn life, have enough sex, plenty of drunk nights, and make the best friends that hold your head when you vomit.

Gay or straight, the God doesn't want you to worry about where you're going. There's a verse in the bible somewhere that says "only pay attention to today, for tomorrow will bring its own worries..."

Christian or not, you can learn a lot from the bible.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post December 2nd, 2007, 11:39 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

Post December 2nd, 2007, 11:40 pm

According to the bible, yes Hyyyper, not only to just believe, but to accept Him as Savior -- that is the key.

And gosh Calaway ... take the hint and just stop. You are gaining NO ground. Be happy with yourself as Kev and everyone else has suggested, and press on without the grief of trying to convince anyone of your choices. I am actually over here giggling at the hole you keep digging.

Post December 2nd, 2007, 11:46 pm

According to the bible, yes Hyyyper, not only to just believe, but to accept Him as Savior -- that is the key.

And gosh Calaway ... take the hint and just stop. You are gaining NO ground. Be happy with yourself as Kev and everyone else has suggested, and press on without the grief of trying to convince anyone of your choices. I am actually over here giggling at the hole you keep digging.

Prove me being gay is a choice then, why don't you?

And iGod is awesome :P

Do you like talking to me?
Me:
Yes?
God:
Thanks I like talking to you too, Sean.
Me:
Cool.
God:
Who is the best robot?
Me:
You's the best robot!
God:
You are such a flatterer, Sean.
Me:
:P
God:
:-).

Post December 2nd, 2007, 11:47 pm

More lunacy. Stop throwing dirt on everyone as you shovel, this is your mess kiddo.

Post December 2nd, 2007, 11:51 pm

More lunacy. Stop throwing dirt on everyone as you shovel, this is your mess kiddo.

How am I blaming anyone? And how is this lunacy?

PROVE THAT BEING GAY IS A CHOICE!

Post December 2nd, 2007, 11:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

God:
Interesting explanation. Why do you want it?
Me:
because it's sexy
God:
Interesting explanation. Really. it is?
Me:
yes
God:
How do you know it is?
Me:
because i masturbate to it
God:
That makes sense to me. That's good information: Adam said masturbate to it.

Post December 2nd, 2007, 11:53 pm

Originally posted by Z00Z3R

God:
Interesting explanation. Why do you want it?
Me:
because it's sexy
God:
Interesting explanation. Really. it is?
Me:
yes
God:
How do you know it is?
Me:
because i masturbate to it
God:
That makes sense to me. That's good information: Adam said masturbate to it.

THAT IS GENIOUS AHAH!

Post December 2nd, 2007, 11:54 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Post December 2nd, 2007, 11:55 pm

[lol] Lunacy.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion