Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Riders per hour

Riders per hour

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post December 6th, 2009, 10:19 am

Points on hand: 201.00 Points
how I calculate the capacity of riders per hour in no limits???
sorry when my english bad i'm german[:I][:I]

Post December 6th, 2009, 10:32 am

Points on hand: 664.00 Points
Start the clock when the first train dispatches (that's 1), count as many trains as you want (let's use 6 dispatches as an example), and stop the clock as soon as the 6th train leaves from the station.

(riders/hour)=[(6 trains)-1]*(# of riders per train)*(60 minutes)/(# of minutes between 1st and last dispatch)

or to be more precise:
(riders/hour)=[(6 trains)-1]*(# of riders per train)*(60 minutes per hour)*(60 seconds per minute)/(# of seconds between 1st and last dispatch)

edit: Actually, I think you will have to subtract 1 from the number of trains. It's like how the number of fence posts is 1 more than the number of spaces between them. You're really counting the time until just before the last train leaves, because those riders have not actually gone through the circuit yet. I changed the formula to include this.

I think it might be more intuitive to start the count at 0 and count how many trains have completed the circuit up until just before the last train dispatches, instead of counting the first train and subtracting 1.

Post December 6th, 2009, 10:36 am

Post December 6th, 2009, 10:49 am

ok i count 5 trains with 36 riders in each train and the time was 4:05 minutes...so the capacity is about 2133 riders per hour is that right????

Post December 6th, 2009, 10:56 am

Points on hand: 664.00 Points
I got 2115 rph using 245 seconds as the time.

I think you used 4.05 minutes. That does not equal 4:05
5 seconds is 5/60 of a minute, not 5/100 of a minute

The time in minutes as a decimal should be 4+(5/60)=4.083 min

Post December 6th, 2009, 11:00 am

Post December 6th, 2009, 2:18 pm

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
I have a different method, so I thought I'd contribute.

I find out what the ideal minimum dispatch time is. I pick a time that keeps every train that isn't in a station always moving. 60 Minutes * 60 Seconds = 3600 seconds in an hour. Divide 3600 by your ideal minimum dispatch time to find out how many trains you can dispatch in an hour. Multiply your number of trains per hour by the number of riders per train to find your number of riders per hour.

-or-

(3600/[Minimum dispatch time])*[Number of riders per train] = Riders per hour

Post December 6th, 2009, 7:55 pm
AyTrane Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,132.00 Points
Or use your average dispatch time, since the train is not always dispatched at the exact same time, and you also have to factor in the time it takes for a train to get from B-Brake to A-Brake. Once the train is secure, the time starts, then also add in the time it takes for the train to leave the station, and add that to the A-B time. Theoretically, neopuma has a good solution, but nannerdw is practical.

Post December 11th, 2009, 10:37 am
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Record the time it takes one train to make one circuit in seconds, which means the time from when it leaves the station until the time it is dispatched from the station a second time (C), count how many seats per train you have (S), and the number of trains (T).

(3600/C)*(S)*(T).

Bam, it's that easy.

Return to No Limits Coaster