Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Whats the Best Coaster at CP?

Whats the Best Coaster at CP?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Whats the Best Coaster at CP?

Top Thrill Dragster
13%
Millenium Force
30%
Maverick
40%
Wicked Twister
No votes
Magnum XL-200
2%
Raptor
6%
Mantis
2%
Mean Streak
No votes
Blue Streak
2%
Cedar Creek Mine Ride
No votes
Gemini
No votes
Corkscrew
No votes
Iron Dragon
No votes
Disaster Transport
No votes
Wildcat/Jr. Gemini/ Woodstock Express
4%

Total votes : 47

Post December 14th, 2007, 7:23 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Originally posted by B and M

Besides maverick?

Raptor yo.

Post December 14th, 2007, 8:36 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points

Post December 14th, 2007, 9:07 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Raptor and Maverick are the only two that I really like, the rest are kinda blah. I do like Mantis, Blue Streak, Wildcat, and Magnum a bit, but not enough to consider best.

Post December 14th, 2007, 9:26 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
mantis IMO is a great stand-up, although pulling nearly 1.2 lats threw the last corkscrew knocks ur head around, and is quite painful, mantis is overall really good. i specificly enjoy the inclined loop. Those have always been a favorite element of mine... mean streak is a pretty BA woody too, and magnum delivers great airtime towards the end...

Post December 14th, 2007, 10:13 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Originally posted by blackhand1001

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

i'm just wondering why everyone likes Maverick so much? i say this only because i hope it isn't because people are hopping on the bandwagon of "the new roller coaster rocks!"

Why does everyone like it so much?

-Incredibly strong negative gs, some of the strongest out there
-Insane launch
-Awesome first drop
-Fastest banking rotations ever
-Strong positive gs
-Lightning quick pacing
-One of the best pairs of inversions ever (Twisted Horseshoe Roll)
-Incredibly intense

Maverick > All other steel coasters in the world besides Phantom's Revenge and Storm Runner

And it's not even close.

Cross out
-One of the best pairs of inversions ever (Twisted Horseshoe Roll)-You haven't ridden many loopers if you think that and its already been done to better extents. Example Batman the ride. And its not a new inversion!!
-Insane launch-I found nothing insane about that launch.
-There are quicker bank rotation. Again in batman the ride and several other inverts. Particularly in the wing overs.

I have ridden it and i thought it was fun and all but I enjoy B&m loopers much more.

No, I disagree with all of that. I have ridden a lot of loopers, including three of the Batman clones, and none of the inversions even come close to the twisted horseshoe roll. Maverick takes that inversion at a perfect pace, and you just float for what feels like forever. What did Batman outdo it with?

I also don't think Batman's inversions, or any other inverts, even come close to Maverick's last stengal dive. You can literally blink and be almost all the way through it.

The launch is a personal opinion, but I disagree because one, you don't know when the launch will actually begin. Two, the lights and smoke in there is awesome! Three, it exits into a turn which has some of the strongest positive G's I have ever felt, and four, the exit of the launch tunnel is so small, it's a major arm/head chopper.

And then, there are still the rest of the points that IntaminFan brought up.

Ok, sooo, Maverick pwns everything!

Post December 14th, 2007, 11:04 pm

Points on hand: 2,204.00 Points
Originally posted by coasterguy77

Originally posted by IntaminFan397

[quote]i'm just wondering why everyone likes Maverick so much? i say this only because i hope it isn't because people are hopping on the bandwagon of "the new roller coaster rocks!"

-Insane launch
-Awesome first drop
-Strong positive gs
-Lightning quick pacing
-Incredibly intense

Maverick > All other steel coasters in the world besides Phantom's Revenge and Storm Runner

And it's not even close.

Cross out
-One of the best pairs of inversions ever (Twisted Horseshoe Roll)-You haven't ridden many loopers if you think that and its already been done to better extents. Example Batman the ride. And its not a new inversion!!
-There are quicker bank rotation. Again in batman the ride and several other inverts. Particularly in the wing overs.

I have ridden it and i thought it was fun and all but I enjoy B&m loopers much more.

No, I disagree with all of that. I have ridden a lot of loopers, including three of the Batman clones, and none of the inversions even come close to the twisted horseshoe roll. Maverick takes that inversion at a perfect pace, and you just float for what feels like forever. What did Batman outdo it with?

I also don't think Batman's inversions, or any other inverts, even come close to Maverick's last stengal dive. You can literally blink and be almost all the way through it.

The launch is a personal opinion, but I disagree because one, you don't know when the launch will actually begin. Two, the lights and smoke in there is awesome! Three, it exits into a turn which has some of the strongest positive G's I have ever felt, and four, the exit of the launch tunnel is so small, it's a major arm/head chopper.

[/quote]

Ride Batman in the front, and Ride Kingda Ka or Top Thrill Dragster. And ride El toro while your at it so you can get over your Maverick pwns everything logic.

Post December 15th, 2007, 12:50 am

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Dood. Those corks aren't even fast at all. And Maverick pwns everything.

Post December 15th, 2007, 12:59 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I don't see how you can think every coaster at cedar point is bad. (Quote Wait CP has a good coaster?" Maverick, with all the hype and annoyance from everyone, is truly a good ride. Raptor, oh you may think it's just a B&M Invert, but IMO, it is an excellent ride. Really smooth too. MF, it's the drop and the rush that it's all about. TTD, blah but the launch force was insane. Mantis, hurts your balls and I want to go blow torch it down right now. Gemini, classic racing steel-on-wood hybrid that's ALWAYS a fun ride to ride. You get the point. IMO, it is a fact that in any opinion, CP has at least one good or even decent coaster.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post December 15th, 2007, 1:17 am

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Originally posted by coasterguy77

[quote]Originally posted by IntaminFan397

[quote]i'm just wondering why everyone likes Maverick so much? i say this only because i hope it isn't because people are hopping on the bandwagon of "the new roller coaster rocks!"

-Insane launch
-Awesome first drop
-Strong positive gs
-Lightning quick pacing
-Incredibly intense

And it's not even close.

Cross out

[/quote]

Ride Batman in the front, and Ride Kingda Ka or Top Thrill Dragster. And ride El toro while your at it so you can get over your Maverick pwns everything logic.
[/quote]

I have actually ridden all 3 Batmans in the front, as well as TTD and KK in the front. Rode El Toro in the back and front too many times to remember, and still, Maverick is much more intense than all of them.

Post January 5th, 2008, 5:39 pm

Points on hand: 1,541.00 Points
I would have to say Millenium Force Or Maverick but prbly Maverick

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions