Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Hey Mac Fans

Hey Mac Fans

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post December 18th, 2007, 7:17 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Hey man I'm bored! I won't be once work starts tomorrow :(
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post December 19th, 2007, 11:16 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
[B)]
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post December 19th, 2007, 1:40 pm

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

Here is what i say to the whole PC vs. Mac thing

Rarwh

Post December 19th, 2007, 2:39 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Mac OS9 -> Panther -> Tiger -> Leopard.

First, going up 0.5 is NOT a new version. Its a mild update. Any programmer will tell you that any update behind the decimal is not really a truely new version - just an update.

So when I found out Leopard wasnt even Version 11 I laughed so hard. All that fancy marketing - all that talk - for an UPDATE. Nothing signigicant changed. Infact, Ive noticed more problems in Leopard than Macs normally experience in awhile. I get a newsletter from ZDNet and theres consistantly some news about Mac updating or patching. Patching?!@!

Enjoy your viruses, spyware, trojan horses, crashes, outdated drivers, and freezes.

I still dont get this. I havent gotten any of those in over a year on my PC. A freeze? If you count the ones where I opened more programs than I had available RAM - sure - and that was 3GB of ram. But really, an honest windows based freeze - I cant remember the last time one got me on my machine I just sold.

I will agree, that video is VERY old. But heres a link to the newest round of patches for Tiger and Leopard:

http://blogs.zdnet.com/security/?p=757&tag=nl.e622

Obviously theres less to go around on the Mac front in way of malicious content but obviously this "new" version isnt as super stable and super-apple-like as it was touted. Sounds kinda like staying with an older version is better.

Which sounds ALOT like the argument to stick with XP instead of Vista for the moment. Irony? I dont think so.

Post December 19th, 2007, 2:44 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

You only get viruses, spyware, trojans, and than as a result of those, crashes and freezes due to excessive pr0n.

You might get one through an email, but who is dumb enough anymore to fall for that crap?

Doesn't matter what you're on, you do too much pr0n (yes, i know, hard to believe) you will mess your computer up.

Post December 20th, 2007, 10:22 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Real you forgot to mention paying for a patch.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post December 20th, 2007, 10:26 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
^Are you serious
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion