Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Spanking Your Kids: Discipline or Abuse?

Spanking Your Kids: Discipline or Abuse?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post January 2nd, 2008, 6:05 pm

Points on hand: 2,664.00 Points
I really hate child abuse very much I think its wrong, its terribe and downright horrible but this raises a question, tons of parents who are pissed off at their kids you know, spank them and lots of people debate weather this is a horrifying form of child abuse or just diciplining a kid when he does somthing bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWYT8fCqpmE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5VpVa-xr4E&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIERSPLaA-0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKfqhn93exk&feature=user
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC1i_lXZhXs&feature=related

Post January 2nd, 2008, 6:25 pm

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

common, spanking isn't child abuse

they've been doing it since time dot, hell, iv been spanked, and look what a good perfectly normal kid iv turned out to be

i say, let them carry on with it

if they don't, u just get abnoxiously spoilt kids

Post January 2nd, 2008, 6:31 pm

Points on hand: 5,351.00 Points
No spanking but torture, lock them in there rooms with no toys and no entertainament!

Post January 2nd, 2008, 6:33 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

I wouldn't call it abuse, but there are definitely better ways to make the kids learn their lesson.

Post January 2nd, 2008, 6:36 pm

Points on hand: 1,670.00 Points
Lightly is just teaching them a lesson, but hard is child abuse

Post January 2nd, 2008, 6:39 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

It depends on whether or not your hand is open or in a fist.

Post January 2nd, 2008, 6:51 pm

Points on hand: 1,051.00 Points
Yea it all depends. There is is spanking your child, to tech them a lesson, but there is down right abusing them, by causing extreme bodily harm. If you have broken skin from a spanking, you know you have gone too far. I don't mind it as a form of discipline, as long as their life is not in danger after the fact.

Post January 2nd, 2008, 7:45 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,903.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

America is turning weak, bring back the electrical cable disciplining!

Post January 2nd, 2008, 7:55 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

Post January 2nd, 2008, 7:58 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Ricki Lake? Are you @#$%@% serious?!?!? I actually thought you were going to cite someone with some knowlegde about .... well, anything actually!

Ricki @%$%$@%^@^ Lake ... Puh-lease!

And btw, I spank my kids ... and that's the end of the story. And if need be, I'll pull my belt off and tan anyone of your hides as well. My kids are very well behaved for a reason - because they know Dad will bust their hind parts instantly, and without warning. Spank your kids America, its time parents stopped being friends with their kids and actually did their #$%$@% jobs!!!!

Here is an actual resource that has some validity to it: http://www.gotquestions.org/disciplining-children.html

Post January 2nd, 2008, 8:01 pm

Originally posted by TConwell

Spank your kids America, its time parents stopped being friends with their kids and actually did their #$%$@% jobs!!!!

[lol][lol][lol][lol]

Post January 2nd, 2008, 8:04 pm

While it may appear that I was being funny, it is actually a very true (and very sad) statement.

Post January 2nd, 2008, 8:05 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
I say we should keep spanking, that way the future of american children dont turn out to be a bunch of pansies...

Post January 2nd, 2008, 8:19 pm

While it may appear that I was being funny, it is actually a very true (and very sad) statement.

Oh I know. And I agree.

Post January 2nd, 2008, 8:41 pm

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points
theres a limit. spanking isnt that limit. hitting is bad, theres a difference between spanking a bottom, and hitting the kid. thats all i have to say.

Post January 2nd, 2008, 8:43 pm

Points on hand: 2,685.00 Points

I do not have children, but my sister does and she didn't have to spank my niece or my nephew much when they were younger (they are 15 and 21 respectively). They are both great kids and turned out well. I think it really depends on the child; we were spanked when we were kids but after a while my mother figured out that it wasn't doing much. Especially for me; when she started taking my drawing paper away I straightened up. I think that if you find something the child really likes and take it away as punishment it is much worse than spanking.

Post January 2nd, 2008, 8:54 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
A good parent can find an alternative to contact for keeping their kids in line.

Post January 2nd, 2008, 8:58 pm

^^ yeah, my mom always took video games away, or didnt let me hangout out with friends. so yeah there are better ways i agree. but if you have to spank is better then hit.

Post January 2nd, 2008, 9:02 pm

Points on hand: 2,664.00 Points

its time parents stopped being friends with their kids

[:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

Post January 2nd, 2008, 9:29 pm

Fraroc, I have two kids: 18 and 14. If you have a common frame of reference (that is, if you are a parent), then you can come at me and talk about parenting and give me those "mad faces". Let me be clear: I am my kid's friend (we go to WWE events, concerts, movies, etc.), but I am their parent FIRST. There is a line of respect and they know what it is, and they fully understand what it is because I have established it by being a good parent. Far to many parents today give their kids whatever they want, and it is stupid.

I have lost count of the amount of times I have looked a parent in the eye, in a store for example, and asked them, "Are you going to do something about that kid running all over you and acting like an idiot or do you like being a doormat for everyone within ear shot to talk about?" Trust me, I have seen many lights come on in many eyes because it is obvious that NO ONE ever taught them how to be a parent. I have ZERO tolerance for parents who are idiots and let their kids do whatever they want. ZERO tolerance. The parent is the grown-up, and they ought to darn well act like it.

Here is an effective tool of the trade, which was also referred to when I was growing up as the "Live-in Psychiatrist" which hung in my Dad's bathroom:

Medication my foot ... ain't nothing a few swats won't cure right off the bat. You start when they are young, taper off as they get older -- and by the time they are teens they ought to know where you stand, and a good swat now and then reminds them when they have crossed the line. My son is 18, 6'2" and 250 lbs ... and he knows that I will pop him for mouthing off and won't think twice about it. Sure, he could probably take me down - but out of respect, he shuts up and minds his parents. THAT is what is wrong with this damn country and in 30-40 years from now, watch the shape of the idiot generation that is raised up because the idiot parents of today won't do their job.

[stoning] Pwned!

Post January 2nd, 2008, 9:42 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points

Post January 2nd, 2008, 9:48 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

spank 'em, even if you aren't sure they did anything wrong..cuz they probabally done enough stuff that they didn't get caught for..
seriously.. YES. make it a humiliating ritual as well.. not hard, and nowhere else but on the ass, that's what it's there for ...

Post January 2nd, 2008, 10:17 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Beat the hell out of them until they're 6 or 7. Before that age they're too goddamned dumb to understand "no". Timeouts don't do shiz.

Post January 2nd, 2008, 10:22 pm

Post January 2nd, 2008, 10:40 pm

Points on hand: 1,038.00 Points

I don't think it's abuse, but it's not effective. When I used to get spanked, it just made me more mad.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion