Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion lol. This is a new take on religion.

lol. This is a new take on religion.

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post January 10th, 2008, 2:16 pm

Points on hand: 2,978.00 Points
Click here to view the news article

Wed Jan 9, 10:18 PM ET

HAYDEN, Idaho - A man who believed he bore the "mark of the beast" used a circular saw to cut off one hand, then he cooked it in the microwave and called 911, authorities said.

ADVERTISEMENT

The man, in his mid-20s, was calm when Kootenai County sheriff's deputies arrived Saturday in this northern Idaho town. He was in protective custody in the mental health unit of Kootenai Medical Center.

"It had been somewhat cooked by the time the deputy arrived," sheriff's Capt. Ben Wolfinger said. "He put a tourniquet on his arm before, so he didn't bleed to death. That kind of mental illness is just sad."

It was not immediately clear whether the man has a history of mental illness. Hospital spokeswoman Lisa Johnson would not say whether an attempt was made to reattach the hand, citing patient confidentiality.

The Book of Revelation in the New Testament contains a passage in which an angel is quoted as saying: "If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, he, too, will drink the wine of God's fury."

The book of Matthew also contains the passage: "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell."

Wolfinger said he didn't know which hand was amputated.

Imagine: ding. "dinner's ready!"
Last edited by wersigobra on January 10th, 2008, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post January 10th, 2008, 2:24 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points

Post January 10th, 2008, 2:25 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Tconwell, you got the sign of the beast on your right hand, quick, cut it off [lol]

Post January 10th, 2008, 4:30 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Hospital spokeswoman Lisa Johnson would not say whether an attempt was made to reattach the hand, citing patient confidentiality.

Is this a stupid comment, or is it me being stupid myself? I've heard of reattaching fingers and stuff, but a WHOLE HAND?! Can they really do that?!?! Surely it wouldnt be possible anyway - or if they did reattach it it would just hang limp wristed (in a non gay way) and pointless, right? I find it very hard to believe you can cut your whole hand off, and ever have it reattached.........[lol]

Please enlighten me if this is actually possible

Post January 10th, 2008, 4:34 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

yep its possiable to attach a whole hand but i dought its possiable to attach a half cooked one

ohh well, time to go cut my head off, theres the sign of the devil on my head, time to lob it off i think

Post January 10th, 2008, 4:40 pm

Points on hand: 58.00 Points

Everyone knows you pan fry a human hand. Never microwave it. It just gets all stiff and dry. An iron skillet and some olive oil is the best way to rid your severed limb of evil, and it makes a great burger.

Post January 10th, 2008, 4:45 pm

Points on hand: 2,978.00 Points
Ever gone to eat dim sum and made the mistake of ording that fried rice that comes in an upside down bowl with a chicken foot on top? I have....

Post January 10th, 2008, 5:01 pm

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post January 10th, 2008, 5:16 pm

Points on hand: 58.00 Points

Seriously, it's always the fried foods that end up having the image of Jesus or The Virgin Mary on them. But, nothing devine has ever shown up on a hot pocket.

Post January 10th, 2008, 5:25 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

Yeah it's definitely possible to reattach an entire hand, but I think he ruined his chances of that happening when he decided to throw it in the microwave.

Post January 10th, 2008, 6:19 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by wersigobra

Ever gone to eat dim sum and made the mistake of ording that fried rice that comes in an upside down bowl with a chicken foot on top? I have....

Try eating passover food. That stuff is culinary hell.

Post January 10th, 2008, 6:36 pm
dhh User avatar

Points on hand: 68.00 Points
Really have to hand to yall...some of these comments are great.

Post January 10th, 2008, 7:24 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

Tconwell, you got the sign of the beast on your right hand, quick, cut it off [lol]
I won't have too, the surgeon will be operating on both wrists and my neck in the next few months. [V]

As far as this lunatic .... I had no idea Bowserjoe actually had relatives.

Post January 11th, 2008, 2:27 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Man has the sign of the beast on his labia. If we get ride of it then he'll be 1/4 of the way to being a manly woman.

Post January 11th, 2008, 3:28 am

Points on hand: 108.00 Points
As far as reattaching a hand goes. It is one of the hardest parts to reattach because of all the nerves, and blood vessels. It is very intricate with many moving parts. It almost never takes. Never mind a half cooked one!

Post January 12th, 2008, 3:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,637.00 Points

Great Things from Idaho:

1: Potatos

2: Larry Craig

3: Nuked Hands

Post January 12th, 2008, 4:13 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
this makes me really hungry...like not even kidding... think i'm gonna go eat some infants...

Return to Off Topic Discussion