Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Kemah Boardwalk Photo TR

Kemah Boardwalk Photo TR

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post January 10th, 2008, 7:42 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Hey guys, I know this is a little old but I really wanted to post all of these photos here. Back in October I visited Kemah along with TPR to take place in the Boardwalk Bullet photo shoot. I ended up with 2 rides the night before and 18 on the day of the shoot to reach a grand total of 20 rides in as little as 2 hours! I'll let the photos speak for themselves:

I arrived for 2 wicked night rides the night before the shoot.

And I was back at 9 A.M. the next morning!

Just incase you weren't sure what I was there to ride.

Robb strapped on the lip stick cams for some filming!

Everyone was ready to ride!

My fat@$$ having fun!

Everyone was having a blast!

But everyone was exhausted afterwords.

Now it's time for some coaster pr0n.

Yeah, the Bullet like dives in and out of random crap!

Under the station!

That's alot of wood in a small space!

It was a beautiful day.

The first small s-hill, taken at insane speeds with crazy ejector air.

And the second, packing just as much as a punch!

You have no idea how fast the train navigates these hills!

The 90*ish turn was very smooth and a lot of fun!

The break run and the "kink hill" with the most violent ejector air on the planet.

You can only see like 20% of the 3200+ foot long track!

Close up!

<3

It's pretty massive for the small site it sits in!

This turnaround is a blessing in disguise...it follows 15 seconds of the most insane coastering and is followed by 3 ejector hills and a 90* bank.

Last but not least, the gorgeous drop!

Thanks for reading,

Jake!

Post January 10th, 2008, 8:04 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

Post January 10th, 2008, 9:03 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

We are headed there this summer as well .... that drop is simply magnificent. Thanks for sharing these bud.

Post January 10th, 2008, 9:41 pm

Ah, good choice, it should be running amazing this summer...they are really workong in making this ride as awesome as it can possibly be!

Post January 11th, 2008, 1:18 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Man, everytime i see this ride, it makes me depressed that i will not get to ride it for many many years to come!

Post January 11th, 2008, 9:11 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Great pictures! It looks like a really uniquely awesome coaster.

Post January 12th, 2008, 12:38 am

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

That's Guru and I in the tan Bullet shirts in the "everyone was exhausted afterwards" picture. Even though the coaster has only been running for 3 months, he's hit 400+ rides already, and I'm at 533 (and counting!).

It's not uncommon to find folks who've been on it more than 50 times, which is a testament to the ride's popularity, especially since they don't have season passes on the boardwalk!

Post January 12th, 2008, 12:45 am
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
great pictures, Jakizle. One of these days, maybe i might finally make it down there to ride this.

Post January 26th, 2008, 8:46 am
dhh User avatar

Points on hand: 68.00 Points
I am helping my daughter move from Dallas to south Houston today...hoping it will be open for a ride or two this evening...at least the weather is to be good down there this weekend.

:::::keeping fingers crossed:::::

Post January 28th, 2008, 12:21 am
dhh User avatar

made it back to Dallas in one piece, tho very tired now. We were able to get 2 rides late last before they closed and I have to say the Boardwalk Bullet is the best wooden coaster I have ever ridden. For me it even ranks high enough on my enjoyment list to rival some of steel coasters I have been on. It was wonderful to get off our first ride on this thing seriously SMILING, and ready to go again.

And Jakizle and TConwell, you are both right. The first drop is magnificent/gorgeous...onride and off.

Post January 28th, 2008, 12:27 am

How was the airtime? Was it running pretty good speed without giving away any smoothness? I have yet to ride it since they made all the changes.

Post January 28th, 2008, 5:55 pm
dhh User avatar

As it was my first time to ride, I have no previous rides to compare it with, and as far as changes I have not been following it that close enough to know what was done. I do know that for the very short time we were there, we had a blast! The train felt like it was flying around the track. The airtime was great without being uncomfortably insane. As it dove back down into the second part of the track, I just gave up trying to figure the layout and just enjoyed the ride.

Take a look at the photo below: those smiles would never be had on a rough wooden coaster.(I'm the bald one in front - and yes my hands were up on the second ride)

Image Insert:
111.56 KB
Major kudos to Kemah for the online photo viewing/ordering option. This one I may have to actually get.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports