Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Spanking Your Kids: Discipline or Abuse?

Spanking Your Kids: Discipline or Abuse?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post January 6th, 2008, 10:59 am

Points on hand: 74.00 Points
^^^ I never said it was easy to discipline in other ways. Who said raising a child was supposed to be easy? Like I said before, you can't just drop a bomb on Iraq because it's easy. . .

Post January 6th, 2008, 12:56 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Can we try and keep this thread from becoming a flame war?

Post January 6th, 2008, 1:17 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I don't have your number. You have mine and you never called it.

Post January 6th, 2008, 1:19 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Wtf?[?]

Post January 6th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Question:
Originally posted by B and M

Wtf?[?]

Answer:
Originally posted by TConwell

I am happy to give you my number (WeeWeeSlap, CoasterkidMWM, and Phil have it as well).

Helps when you read other posts before going "WTF??".

Post January 6th, 2008, 3:09 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Tconw as going to yell at me cause I am a naughty boy.

Post January 6th, 2008, 3:15 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Post January 6th, 2008, 3:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,984.00 Points
it depends on how you do it..if you just do it to take your anger out on your kids or just beating the for the fun of it then its wrong. but if yo do it to let your child know what they did was wrong then its okay because that child would know if they do it again they would be punished. usually kids who are discipline turn out to be alright child unless they are just stupid.

i think at a certain age you should spank them.

Post January 6th, 2008, 4:10 pm

Points on hand: 1,234.00 Points
Spanking may be abuse but is funny. [}:)] [}:)] [}:)]

Post January 6th, 2008, 4:13 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,903.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Post January 9th, 2008, 4:16 am

Points on hand: 1,573.00 Points
Growing up as a kid, my dad's punishment back then would be considered child abuse today. I suppose he was trying to teach me a lesson but in today's society, it's a bit extreme. My sister & her husband have not once touched their kids and both are growing up as well mannered, caring kids. Parenting has everything to do with it.

Post January 11th, 2008, 5:41 pm

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
the problem with my dad is that he used to spank me every so often, the thing i hate most is the way that in the mornings i want to get up and do my own thing, same during the day 'sept mornings are worse, i know this is really arrogant and such but i do so wish that he would be quiet and let me be, yes it's trying to stop me from doing anything bad but ffs it just gets me more and more annoyed,and when he gets annoyed i get extremeley scared, im 14 fgs and i shouldn't be scared of my own father but it's the anger you can see in his eyes, they nearly burn with rage, this tends not to help when i'm being bullied, but here is the only place i can admit it, anywhere else i'd feel embarresed, all im saying is spanking, perhaps a choice, but i'd love it if my dad was a little more sensitive towards my problems, rather than just yelling and me and basically blaming me, belts and things like that imo should not be used, i think it is cruel and harsh, unless they've like delibarately set fire to the computer or something

Post January 12th, 2008, 2:24 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

A belt is not cruel. It won't kill you unless you get hit with it 9000 times, and you'll be fine afterwards. Neither is getting hit by your parents. My mom stopped slapping me with her hand because my thick skull was hurting her hand more than her hand was hurting me and was thus counter-productive. I don't have any kids asses to whoop yet but I would imagine this has something to do with why "tools" like a wooden spoon or belt are used instead of bare hands sometimes.

And to the slapping and hitting with a belt is cruel people:

The terrorists have won you pansies.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=beat

Post January 12th, 2008, 2:43 pm

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
WTF IS THAT ALL ABOUT? SMACK YOUR KID AROUND THE FACE AND MAKE IT STING!!!! yeah while your at it why not just put 5 paracetamols in their milk before they go to bed while your at it! that's not discipline that is simply hitting them, you don't need to use physical violence to get the message across always, every so often yes but unless your kid is a real dumb ass disrespectful piece of c**p theres no need need to dragon kick or hit 'em round the face, this guy is seriously way over the line here.

Post January 12th, 2008, 8:57 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post January 12th, 2008, 9:49 pm

Points on hand: 3,503.00 Points

Post January 12th, 2008, 11:20 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Originally posted by Adrenaguy

WTF IS THAT ALL ABOUT? SMACK YOUR KID AROUND THE FACE AND MAKE IT STING!!!! yeah while your at it why not just put 5 paracetamols in their milk before they go to bed while your at it! that's not discipline that is simply hitting them, you don't need to use physical violence to get the message across always, every so often yes but unless your kid is a real dumb ass disrespectful piece of c**p theres no need need to dragon kick or hit 'em round the face, this guy is seriously way over the line here.

First of all:
Why did you say "While your at it" twice in the same sentence?
Second of all:
Why did you bleep out the word crap?
Third of all:
Do you have the personal experience to say he is way over the line? I didn't think so.

Post January 12th, 2008, 11:38 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Post January 12th, 2008, 11:47 pm

Points on hand: 3,245.00 Points

Post January 13th, 2008, 12:08 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,903.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Post January 13th, 2008, 3:02 am

Points on hand: 813.00 Points
I think parents should spank their children. its just when they take it too far; that becomes abuse. If i have a kid ((scary)) i would spank it. I wouldnt do it so often that it becomes like abuse or anything like that.

Post January 14th, 2008, 10:39 pm

Points on hand: 74.00 Points

A belt is not cruel. It won't kill you unless you get hit with it 9000 times, and you'll be fine afterwards. Neither is getting hit by your parents. My mom stopped slapping me with her hand because my thick skull was hurting her hand more than her hand was hurting me and was thus counter-productive. I don't have any kids asses to whoop yet but I would imagine this has something to do with why "tools" like a wooden spoon or belt are used instead of bare hands sometimes.

And to the slapping and hitting with a belt is cruel people:

The terrorists have won you pansies.

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=beat

Wow[shocked]. THAT was pretty brutal. im not even going to go into depth as to why that webpage is wrong. Mabye im just a bit serious about this stuff, but that wasn't the least bit funny to me. Im hoping that was supposed to be a joke...

Post January 16th, 2008, 8:25 pm

Points on hand: 1,754.00 Points

Well I think spanking is pretty un-nescisary. Snatch there ass in a bear trap. But seriously. I wouldnt spank my kids.

Post January 16th, 2008, 8:30 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

Originally posted by Crazy Monkey

Wow[shocked]. THAT was pretty brutal. im not even going to go into depth as to why that webpage is wrong. Mabye im just a bit serious about this stuff, but that wasn't the least bit funny to me. Im hoping that was supposed to be a joke...

It's called satire. Don't take it literally.

Post January 16th, 2008, 9:40 pm

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Kids these days are spoilt.
I used to get hit and at the time i was pissed off.
Looking back what a jolly good lesson it told me.
Im certainly going to let rip on my children if they do anything wrong, largely wrong indeed but it doesnt mean i wont love them.
Bring back the cane in schools too i say.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion