Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Windows 7 Help?

Windows 7 Help?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post February 22nd, 2010, 3:04 am

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Well, nooby me needs help with computers.

I just installed Windows 7 on my computer today, but now my FPS in NL has been completely destroyed. Anybody help? I do have all my settings and files from XP saved on an external hard drive, I don't know if that would help though.

Help would be greatly appreciated!
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post February 22nd, 2010, 4:37 am

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points
Damn, I don't remember what it was that I did to fix that. I had the same problem for a couple days till I dicked around with the settings. Once I did figure out though, it ran fine. If I remember what it was, I'll let you know for sure. Sorry I can't be of any help right now though.

Post February 22nd, 2010, 11:03 am

Lol, please do let me know once you have it figured out.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post February 22nd, 2010, 11:22 am

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
My fps are better on my W7 Sony Vaio than my crappy compaq vista OS. Can't help you there

Post February 22nd, 2010, 11:26 am

Points on hand: 1,075.00 Points
I had to change my anti aliasing down from 4 to 3 to maintain 60fps with good graphics; you may also want to check if there is a new driver for your graphics card that supports windows 7, I had to do upgrade mine before it even ran at 2fps!!!

Post February 22nd, 2010, 11:29 am

Points on hand: 1,038.00 Points
Originally posted by A113

My fps are better on my W7 Sony Vaio than my crappy compaq vista OS. Can't help you there

I have a Presario CQ60 and i get around 40-50 fps on a decent wooden ride with a little theming. But i get 100fps on every ride on my custom rig.

To OP, you should upgrade to windows 7 via the disk that your manufacturer provided. They already have chipset and video drivers pre-installed. But check your windows update center for video/any other driver updates. Mine popped up within the first few minutes of turning on windows updates.

Post February 22nd, 2010, 4:17 pm

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

Yeah, im assuming uv updated your graphics card drivers?
If they dont come up on Windows update, download them direct from the graphics card manufacturers website.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index5.aspx?lang=en-us

http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.HTML

Tell us if that dosnt work
Rarwh

Post February 22nd, 2010, 7:30 pm
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 153.00 Points
^ I am about 90% sure that will fix your issue. So yes, do what he said.

Post February 22nd, 2010, 9:49 pm

Hooray! It worked great, and now I can actually about 1440x900 or w/e it is. Thanks everybody! FPS is back to normal. Actually better. Lol

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Return to Off Topic Discussion