Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion HEATH LEDGER FOUND DEAD IN NYC APARTMENT

HEATH LEDGER FOUND DEAD IN NYC APARTMENT

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post January 22nd, 2008, 8:27 pm

Points on hand: 74.00 Points

Post January 22nd, 2008, 8:40 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
poor guy... he was one of my favorite actors, mainly cuz i have the same smile as him, but oh well. i'll miss him

Post January 22nd, 2008, 8:44 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points

Post January 22nd, 2008, 8:50 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

he was just taking a nap and his nanny over-reacted. The mistake is all over the news.

Post January 22nd, 2008, 10:07 pm

Points on hand: 58.00 Points

I wasn't a huge fan or anything, (I know, shocking that there's a queer that doesn't love all things Brokeback) but, I was shocked and a little sad. It's not like he's one of those celebs that has a history of careless behavior.

Post January 22nd, 2008, 10:21 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

If he was wearing that joker make-up when his nanny attacked... No wonder why!

Post January 22nd, 2008, 10:27 pm

Points on hand: 120.00 Points
the apartment was one that one of the olsen twins owned(forget what one)

Post January 22nd, 2008, 11:15 pm

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

Originally posted by jdclga

the apartment was one that one of the olsen twins owned(forget what one)

Nope... this from the msnbc article:

The Times initially reported that Ledger was found in an apartment owned by actress Mary-Kate Olsen, but a spokesperson for the actress, who is at the Sundance Film Festival, later told the Times the apartment was not Olsen's.

Post January 23rd, 2008, 4:21 am

Points on hand: 108.00 Points
This is certainly a loss. He was such a role-model for me and such an upstanding gentleman. So young too. I am in disbelief... All I have to say is don't believe the rumors until you know the facts.

Post January 23rd, 2008, 4:55 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post January 23rd, 2008, 5:31 am

Points on hand: 108.00 Points

Post January 23rd, 2008, 8:06 am

Points on hand: 1,051.00 Points
It's sad for the simple fact that it looks like he portrayed the Joker flawlessly in Batman. Even though he was in Brokeback mountain, it seems like his career really didn't "start" yet. I really think the Joker could have been his breakthrough role big time. May he Rest in piece.

Post January 23rd, 2008, 1:04 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

...so? No disrespect but so what? He is just an actor, I have no idea why people treat actors so high and mighty/ They are just people like everyone else at the end of the day, but yet if any other person in the world overdosed on sleeping pills it would barely reach the local news. I'm sure he was a great guy and all but so what?

Post January 23rd, 2008, 1:10 pm

Points on hand: 1,051.00 Points
^ Well yea he is just an actor, and you may not feel that its a big deal. because people die everyday which is very understandable. But at the same time this guy had many fans, and many people that loved him, so obviously it's going to be a big hoopla about it. If you were a huge actor and you died, it will be on every news channel. So what it all boils down to is that he was a well known person, and the only way to dish out this info is to go national.

Post January 23rd, 2008, 2:26 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

Post January 23rd, 2008, 4:35 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by defender110

Learn to spell. ^ Please

This isn't about speeling. This is about Heath Ledger.. how could you conrcrn yourself with somethin so insignficant in a time like this? I mean.. he's the jokr in teh nesxt batman movie. Besides. I already knw how to spel "please." I just have troube speling my frutes and vejatebles.. and chocked is just a very hard word to spell... (chock did I spell that right?)

Post January 23rd, 2008, 5:01 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

^[lol]

That's too bad. He was still young and was a good actor.

Originally posted by Edge

...so? No disrespect but so what? He is just an actor, I have no idea why people treat actors so high and mighty/ They are just people like everyone else at the end of the day, but yet if any other person in the world overdosed on sleeping pills it would barely reach the local news. I'm sure he was a great guy and all but so what?

With any other person, you don't get to see who they were. Actors don't show their personalities too much on screen, but you can still imagine how they would be in real life, so there's some emotional value to it. But I agree that a lot of people tend to care too much.

Post January 23rd, 2008, 5:30 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
Only the good die young.

It kinda sucks, he was one of the better actors around these days. Seemed the guy had standards and was a great actor.

Least it hasn't reached Anna Nicole Smith standards of news attention. Makes you wonder how different the news would be if he had been a raving arse who gave Tom Cruise a run for his money in terms of supreme stupidity.

Post January 23rd, 2008, 7:27 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

The worst part is that instead of being remembered for an awesome piece of work like "The Patriot" (truly the best civil war movie to date), he is gonna be known for "Brokeback Mountain".

Nice legacy.

Post January 23rd, 2008, 7:31 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
^Amazing how the best Civil War movie ever is about the American Revolutionary War...

Also I see nothing wrong with being known for Brokeback mountain, It was a daring and ground breaking role...

Post January 23rd, 2008, 7:37 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Yeah, TCon, I don't know why Brokeback Mountain leaves a less than exceptional "legacy". I thought it was a beautiful and superb creation...

Do explain your reasoning, please.

Post January 23rd, 2008, 7:50 pm

Because it was any "epic" love story in disguise?

The only reason people were so compelled and "overcome" by that movie was because it revolved around two gay men instead of any heterosexual couple.

Controversy earns you cash and better ratings from critics and the audience because they want to protect their precious homosexual love story.

Post January 23rd, 2008, 7:53 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Roger that SFMM ... my head is elsewhere tonight - but it does not change my opinion on his legacy.

Go dye your hair or something Gerst, the answer might come to you in the shampoo. If you need ME to explain my reasoning to you, then you obviously have never paid attention to my thoughts on that "topic". Get it? Duh.

Edit: Headed to church now .... [lol]

Post January 23rd, 2008, 7:56 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points

Post January 23rd, 2008, 7:59 pm

If anyone's wondering, he did leave a movie unfinished.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion