Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Awesome Coaster Videos

Awesome Coaster Videos

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post March 15th, 2008, 2:06 am

Points on hand: 287.00 Points
Mike from youtube has some awesome roller coaster videos. His videos are really professional looking. Check them out over at;
http://www.youtube.com/mccormackxl200
If you have a youtube account, leave him a message because he is trying to get his videos known throughout the coaster community, Thanks.

Post March 15th, 2008, 2:36 am

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

Sorry, but I think his vids suffer from a really bad case of over-editing. The rapid-fire clips are so short that you never really get a sense of what you're looking at or what the ride does.

I was just telling a friend about IOA and I was hoping that his IOA video would be a good way to put some images to what I had tried to describe in my email... but the vid is so choppy and scattered, bouncing from one attraction to the next with no logical flow, that anyone who hasn't been to the park will just be confused.

There are some cool shots here and there (I really liked the composite of the ghostly trains on Dragons), but unless you're already familiar with the parks in the videos, you'll have a hard time getting the "wow, this park is awesome" feeling that he seemed to want.

Return to Off Topic Discussion