Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion First Time Public School Attendance, Need Info.

First Time Public School Attendance, Need Info.

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post March 17th, 2008, 3:25 pm

Points on hand: 636.00 Points
Wow, I go from 7:55-2:10 with 7 periods a day, each class being 45 minutes long and a 25 minute lunch.

Post March 17th, 2008, 3:41 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Anyways if you know the answers to questions in class keep your mouth shut and save the answers for when you're given a test. People hate the butthole that gets an A on everything but shuts up MUCH less than they hate the asshole who raises his hand every 5 seconds and has to chime in all goddamned day long.

DO NOT ASK THE TEACHER WHAT THE HOMEWORK FOR THE DAY IS IF NONE IS MENTIONED!

THANK you.

Originally posted by TConwell

And oh yes, take band

Yes!!

Post March 17th, 2008, 5:10 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
woo, band!
If you don't take band, at least take some kind of music. It will CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
Also, at my public school, most of what everyone is saying doesn't apply. I hang out with "rejects" all the time, and I never get made fun of. Second, I act smart and never get made fun of. Third, I wear roller coaster sweatshirts and i never get made fun of. Fourth, I don't ask the teacher for the homework if none was mentioned, and I don't get made fun of. Oh wait, that's one of the things that DO apply at my school...
Anyway, like other people have said, be yourself, don't try to fit in, you will somehow. And there are a LOT of druggies, even if they don't look like it. Good luck in your pursuit of an awesome HS career!!

P.S. That schedule may seem to be ridiculously long at first, but you'll get used to it. But yours is really long. I have one of the longest school days in central Ohio, and I only go from 7:45-3:10

Post March 17th, 2008, 5:17 pm

Points on hand: 120.00 Points
I thought my school sucked. i go from about 7:15-1:38
But your lunch is also almost a hour so that adds onto learning time lol. And we have about 5 min breaks inbetween.

Post March 17th, 2008, 5:43 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

I'm from 9 -3:00. Not bad, yours is ridiculously long, sucks.

Everybody is making it sound like they're all scared to be themselves. I mean, shiz, can't you just go and act like you want and don't worry about the "popular" kids? The only people like that in my school are the hardcore asians who haven't said a word since kindergarten.

Only advice I have (coasterkid already mentioned it), don't EVER go and ask if there will be homework on a lesson or whatever. Plain suicide man, this year it's happened way, way too many times to count. Gah.

Post March 17th, 2008, 6:38 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Originally posted by Hckystr91

Wow, I go from 7:55-2:10 with 7 periods a day, each class being 45 minutes long and a 25 minute lunch.

25 minute lunch, ahhhh! I have 80 minutes! 9 periods. 3 minutes in between each.

Post March 17th, 2008, 8:19 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

HS really is stupid, really, it is. But, I went to a big HS and really everything isn't that bad. You'll have some shock to begin with, but things get better. Be yourself, don't try to be something you're not, and don't get pissy over anything, unless its real big, like some guy knocks down a girl you like or something. A school that big, you'll find plenty of friends who are like you, so be yourself and try not to act a different way so you think you'll have "friends". Most preps/stoners/jocks/etc. don't stay friends forever, and when they grow up grow apart form each other. Just be yourself. As for that schedule, honestly, that sucks. My classes were like 42 I think, I don't remember. You should have some periods where you don't have class. To take all those credits at my HS you had to be really uber smart and get special permission from your parents and principal to do it. You should have some off periods in there, as for those, do whatever you wish with them. I went home during mine and or caught up on sleep. Try to enjoy HS and don't let stupid spit upset you. It's stupid to do that. Good luck.

Post March 18th, 2008, 9:18 pm

Points on hand: 636.00 Points
Originally posted by Austin

Originally posted by Hckystr91

25 minute lunch, ahhhh! I have 80 minutes! 9 periods. 3 minutes in between each.

we have 5 minutes in between each class, but thats not enough because my school is U shaped and the only way to go from one side of the school to the other without being late is to walk outside. Which isn't fun at all since I live in Maine. 25 minutes is plenty of time for lunch also seeing as how there's only about 250 people in my lunch.

Post March 29th, 2008, 12:01 am

Points on hand: 1,038.00 Points

UPDATE: I decided to look for a new high school since the first one seemed too daunting. Also, I decided to start after spring break. My new school has only about 2,100 people enrolled there and has a bell schedule from 7:35 A.M.-2:30 P.M. (much better). I love my new school and it is up to par with my old private school. I have so may friends. Overall the move was great and thanks again for the advice.

-SFOT-

Post April 9th, 2008, 9:57 pm

Points on hand: 53.00 Points
Location: richmond & phillidephia, virginia & pennsylvania, USA
Originally posted by tiepilot35
-Completely ignore severe degradements from the popular bitc--bunch; they will stop, believe it or not.
-Hang out with the right people.
-Act mature.
-Make sure you still keep somewhat organized.
-Don't look like a teachers pet, but don't act like a complete rebel.
That's all I can think of right now.

ive been doing the exact opposite of theese things you mentioned[}:)] in fact i am a member of the b**h bunch at my school
mic check 1 2 1 2

Post April 9th, 2008, 10:24 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Post April 10th, 2008, 12:01 am

Points on hand: 2,063.00 Points

Take a pre-game dump before any sporting event your a part of.

Post April 10th, 2008, 12:50 am
man

Points on hand: 111.00 Points
Period 8 is probably elective so dont freak about that. I know where your comming from went to private till high school, but 3 years now and im ummmmmm..... well my shiz got a little complicated xD. Although some chuffed up shiziznit happened with me.

Just get to know people, but use your judgement on who to hang with and who not to hang with based on how you see them act with others AND (really stress this and) how they act with you. Once you find some people you know you can trust and be cool with (some homies :P) you will start learning everything you want and need to know quick. Just dont be the loner in the corner of the class... trust me had almost 2 years of that and it SUCKED! Also most importantly dont be fake no one respects that shiziznit.

edit: well my HS is little different almost brand new and I came in just after the year it started. 100 students per grade so it went from 200-->300-->400. Small school, but still pretty much the same.
Go chuff yourself and have a nice day! :D

Post April 10th, 2008, 1:37 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Buy condoms, you'll need them for the lunch break.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post April 10th, 2008, 3:58 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Nah, you need those only if you get all the girls like myself and Oscar do. We don't like to share, sorry :/

Post April 10th, 2008, 11:17 am

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
oscar yes... im too young hot damn...
Cradled by two loving arms that I'd die for,
One little kiss and Felina goodbye.

Post April 10th, 2008, 12:12 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Don't try to be eco friendly and use them recycled condoms. I hear they can be bad for you [lol]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post April 10th, 2008, 1:17 pm

Points on hand: 2,063.00 Points

Post April 12th, 2008, 7:55 pm

Points on hand: 53.00 Points
Location: richmond & phillidephia, virginia & pennsylvania, USA
ALWAYS listen to the school staff, and NEVER throw a temper tantrum so bad that the principal treatens to call the cops.

[}:)]i learned that the hard way[}:)]
mic check 1 2 1 2

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion