Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Norwegian/Pretzel loop with Elementary?

Norwegian/Pretzel loop with Elementary?

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Points on hand: 75.00 Points
Hi everyone.
I just can't figure out how to create a proper Norwegian/Pretzel with elementary. I tryed it several times with the H:SAK formula but it just doesn't seem to work.
Any suggestions?

Post May 2nd, 2008, 2:48 pm

Points on hand: 1,151.00 Points

Actually, I'm in the process of screwing around with a FVD Norwegian loop right now. Of course, I have the same issue as with FVD dive loops: the vertical transition is crappy... Using H:SAK on it might work, but that'd require an awful lot of tweaking to get nice shaping. Have you considered doing it by hand?

Post May 2nd, 2008, 2:50 pm

Tried to do it by hand but i just can't succeed to get it 100% smooth. I don't really understand FVD's so that is for later. I just keep it with H:SAK for now. A lot of people already got it "done" with H:SAK so it is possible but how....

Post May 2nd, 2008, 4:34 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Well, at least one half of a Norwegian is possible. I did it on Marvel, but as for a full fledged N Loop, I'm not sure. I guess I tried it with Marvel, but forces were always ugly. I couldn't get proper radius changes.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post May 2nd, 2008, 4:46 pm
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 153.00 Points
Hmm, did you save the formula for it gest?
If so, you could use purg to reverse the element to create the second half.

Even if forces were ugly, when making one you will obviously have to tweak settings a ton already.

Post May 2nd, 2008, 4:57 pm

I already tried to mirror an element like gerstlcrazy used. If you do that the bottom will have a flat part witch is just not right.

Post May 2nd, 2008, 4:59 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I don't keep the formula, because it just uses the first 6 lines of the formula. If I lost the numbers, it would take seconds to reproduce them. It was only made of two parts (the pull-up from the launch + the entire dive/turnaround), which caused the yellow force; I hadn't set the radius to change.

Forces would easily reach into the 5s if you mirrored that. Mirroring it would also fail becuase the dive leads out at the bottom. It wouldn't work to mirror it. You would need to use a completely different set of elements.

Robin, I really do think FVDs would be the best solution.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post May 2nd, 2008, 5:32 pm

I will check out what the possibilities are with FVD's.
It only bothers me that i know that it is possible but don't know how.
This track: http://coastercrazy.com/track_exchange/detail.asp?tid=13255
is also H:SAK based and has a Nowegian Loop. Already Pm'ed the maker.
Maybe someone else comes by and can teach me something. Lets hope ;)

Post May 3rd, 2008, 10:43 am

Points on hand: 290.00 Points

I've been trying an FVD N Loop today, it definitely looks possible, not achieved it yet though.

Post May 3rd, 2008, 11:07 am

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

It really isn't that hard at all. Make a 0g parabola with Red's parahat formula, cut it in half, stitch a half loop onto that, then stitch another one on (or hell you could make the loop part from one element), then lead out with another parabola. Then tweak the banking to 180????????? or w/e by hand on the parabola parts and let the AHG handle the rest.

Now the better question with Extraxyz's track is how he made those BEAUTIFUL overbanked turns, those things are flawless. I really have to ask about those.

And Pretzel loops with FVDS are certainly possible, you just have to flip the banking banking by yourself on the parts where it's upside down.

Post May 3rd, 2008, 11:29 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Yeah they are really easy with FVD, I've made quite a few but not part of tracks that have been completed. After you flip to 180 you just have to hold 180 as if it was 0 degree banking, and then go from 180 to 0 when you flip back over on the "immelman part" of the pretzel loop.

Post May 3rd, 2008, 11:54 am

Originally posted by Jimmy Yoshi
Now the better question with Extraxyz's track is how he made those BEAUTIFUL overbanked turns, those things are flawless. I really have to ask about those.

i taught he once said that he edited some lines of the H:SAK formula[;)]

Return to No Limits Coaster