Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Six Flags Great America - May 17th

Six Flags Great America - May 17th

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post May 19th, 2008, 7:58 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
This isn't going to be that long; the day was somewhat short.

I went with my freshmen concert band, that got 92/100 points at a competition, putting us in first place in our division.

Enter, 12:00 noon.

We headed straight for Superman: Ultimate Flight. Waited about 50 minutes. It was a great ride. The inverted loop thing was absolutely insane. That was by far the best part of the ride, and a very memorable moment of the day.

We then headed for Batman. Waited about 45 minutes. That was a pretty awesome ride. It had a crazy whipping fast corkscrew.

After, we started wandering clockwise and came upon Iron Wolf.
BIG mistake.
Oh my Lord, it was TERRIBLE. It hurt my manhood along with my ears. It had a terrible design. The corkscrew was extremely painful. I hated it. End of story.

Lunch.

Headed off to Raging Bull. Definitely the highlight of the day. Abslutely awesome ride; number 1 on my list for that park. I rode it twice, loving it both times. It's hard to explain; it was just a really good ride.

And then it started raining and it was about our scheduled time to go.

Thats my report. I actually reccomend the park; it is one of the better six flags in my opinion.

I'll get the two pictures I took up sometime within the near month.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post May 19th, 2008, 8:01 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

lets see... you WAITED for iron wolf? WHY? rode a batman and not viper? WHY? and you went to six flags great america and DIDN"T even MENTION the eagle.. [:(!]
nah.. just kidding .. glad you had fun..

Post May 19th, 2008, 8:05 pm

^We waited 30 minutes for Iron Wolf; people wanted to. I didn't. I warned them. Yes I rode Batman; it's a good B&M inverter. Viper sucks. I hated it when I went a few years ago. I didn't see the Eagle important enough due to the limited time we had. It only had one train running. It was raining when we were near it.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post May 19th, 2008, 9:11 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

I used to hate Viper also but they must have recently retracked it because it was pretty smooth last season when I went. I may go back this summer for TDK.

Post May 20th, 2008, 7:54 pm

^I wasn't aware of that. I wouldn't have gotten to it anyways, the others were more important. Except for Iron Wolf.

Post May 21st, 2008, 2:32 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I really enjoyed Iron Wolf. Somewhat rough, but a lot of fun I thought. My friends and I rode it like 3X in a row in the back lol. I thought Demon was really bad, boring and rough. Viper was decent, nothing special to me, and I agree that Raging Bull is a sweet ride.

Post May 21st, 2008, 8:50 am

Points on hand: 2,481.00 Points

i agree with dcs, i rather like iron wolf too... anyway theres not a single coaster there that i dont like, except for rajun cajun (the small crappy spinner). personally i love SFGAm, and not just because its my home park.... every coaster there is amazing! and you know it... [;)]
Founder of the (Un-Official) Site Welcoming Crew --- I'M CUCKOO FOR COASTERCRAZY!!!

Post May 26th, 2008, 11:16 am

^No I don't know it. Iron Wolf was absolutely horrible; I don't know how you two like it. The seats were too wide, I couldn't stand straight. The ride is old; crappilly designed. I can't believe that you like it. I remember watching ahead of me and preparing for god dammn impact if I saw something that I knew would be painful. That's, in my humble opinion, not really a good coaster.

And I also have to make another addition to Superman: UF. If you have not been on one, go on it. I think I would have to say that the inverted loop element is the best part of any coaster I have ever been on anywhere.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports