Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Iphone 2 Introduction

Iphone 2 Introduction

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 10th, 2008, 8:57 am
Gav User avatar

Points on hand: 2,076.00 Points

That Avatar really needs to go, this is stretching the I Love You! out of every topic. Just choose a standard one..

Post June 10th, 2008, 2:41 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
If the Custom Avatar upload doesn't resize the avatar, then it shouldn't say that it will...
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post June 10th, 2008, 2:48 pm

Points on hand: 1,495.00 Points
i know, thats why i just found one off the internet and put it on there becauyse it says it will resize it for you!!! But me and oscar are trying to fix it!!
Is now 15!

RIP Wildcatter, 1982-2007.

Post June 10th, 2008, 3:45 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Originally posted by jensen-nator

the white one looks pretty, but i dont think id ever get one. :/
to much money, id be worried about it braking all the time, that and scatches.

Do you have a piece of glass? Now take a key, scratch it as hard as possible. Any scrathes? No, glass is a harder material. The ipods screen will not scrath at all. Most, if not all phones, screens are plastic. The iphones doesnt stratch. They also don't break. Theres some videos of people just dropping them over and over again from very high heights.

heres one video...

Post June 10th, 2008, 5:31 pm

cool video. I would be really careful with my iphone though!!!
Is now 15!

Post June 10th, 2008, 6:42 pm

Points on hand: 1,696.00 Points
why? why make a new one? Apple pisses me off.
I am the night

Post June 10th, 2008, 8:04 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by CalawayPark
Apple did lie with their marketing

Yeah I don't understand nuclear reactors but if I buy a nuclear reactor and it only gives out 3% of the advertise power output I can still figure out it's a scam. This company is still claiming new features are things a great majority of all phones already have. I don't care if it's comparable to most computer monitors, you were advertised a MUCH MUCH better one and was given something that isn't advertised. Don't try to justify it by saying it's equivalent to most. It shouldn't be equivalent, it should be better.

Apple will be updating the iPod touch and lowering the price; the reason they are being offered for free with anybody who buys a new Mac for college. This is a common practise with Apple- it's been done with the iPod nano as well.

That isn't a feature of the iPhone, it's something else entirely.

Remember, the iPhone comes with an AT&T contract, and the iPod touch doesn't. Therein lies the difference; but the average consumer probably wouldn't notice this, and I'm sure Apple knows that- expect the price of the iPod touch to come down, possibly with a new model.

So I'm forced into only using one company and the price will go down as they upgrade to a newer model? NO WAY!

3G iPhone now comes in black and white and has a glossy plastic back with less chrome visible on the front, tapered edges and is now lighter. No recessed headphone jack, and the speaker quality has been enhanced greatly.

I thought all iProducts had superior sound quality. I guess not. So they added a color and smoothed out an edge. What a design change! Only a Mercury Grand Marquis can compete with that kind of radical change from model to model.

iPhone 2.0 software being released with the new iPhone on July 11th- preinstalled on every system. Phone will be available in 21 countries on release date, including Australia, Japan and Canada. The iPhone SDK now has push notification support for instant messaging/email/web applications being released on the App store; no applications are allowed to run in the background of the OS to save battery and performance power.

You're allowed to do what every other phone does? SWEET! How did they convince you that releasing it in other countries was a feature?

Games featured on the iPhone were Super Monkey Ball! from Sega, using the iPhone's accelerometer to tilt one of the 4 monkeys, over 110 stages for the iPhone with graphics nearing the PSP system from Sony. Cromag and Enigmo were also anounced. Cromag being a cave man racing game and Enigmo being a physics based puzzle that shows the iPhones power in it rendering multiple physics engines at once. The other game they displayed was named "Crawl" a platformer where you shake the phone to jump, and tap either side of the screen to run. Absolutely beautiful graphics in this one; succeeding any game I've seen on the PSP.

Wow they're outperforming the other biggest sham company in history! Sony is gonna have to make a 2000 dollar PS4 to compete with Apple in this department!

Flaws of the iPhone 3G:
No Video Camera [This will be solved through 3rd party Apps, you can already do it through jailbreaking. Not a big deal, but a deal nonetheless.]

Yeah my bank account won't let me into the lock box next to me but if I bring down a third party key I can get into his lockbox. It's super cool.

No copy and paste

All that computing power and no copy and paste feature?

I thought the event was very interesting; people need to realize that WWDC is a developers conference and the events in the keynote are supposed to appeal to the developer crowd, not the consumer crowd.

I can't find a head tilting slightly to one side completely flabbergasted smiley face to express how I have no idea what the WWDC is.

If you read all that, thanks I guess for not passing me off as the Apple fan who's going to glorify everything.

Well I mean you did think that releasing it in other places was a feature so that's not making them look better or anything at all.

[r]
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 10th, 2008, 8:40 pm

Points on hand: 643.00 Points

Ummm, my iPod Touch has 3 stratches on it (even though they aren't necessarily noticable) after it fell out of my pocket a foot above the road.

The screen can stratch.

Post June 10th, 2008, 8:50 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Yeah the hardness of the key is less than that of the rock in the concrete I'm guessing.

Post June 10th, 2008, 9:36 pm

Points on hand: 2,219.00 Points

To me, these are only useful if successfully jailbroken, without that enhancement, they are just like every other phone/mp3 player.

Post June 10th, 2008, 9:47 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Rock on ckid.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post June 10th, 2008, 11:08 pm

dang that was a huge post!
Is now 15!

Post June 11th, 2008, 12:36 am

Points on hand: 895.00 Points

I think for most people (myself at least) the 3G is the biggest reason why one would buy the new iPhone.

about time...especially in Canada, where the only 3G phones will be the iPhone and the BlackBerry Bold; however, I won't even THINK of getting either until Rogers announces an unlimited data plan. The prices now are WAY too high to justify the benefits.

Post June 11th, 2008, 12:40 am

Points on hand: 1,512.00 Points

Post June 11th, 2008, 1:15 am

yea looks cool right?
Is now 15!

Post June 11th, 2008, 12:02 pm

if you want the full keynote, go to this link!

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/wwdc08/
Is now 15!

Post June 11th, 2008, 12:52 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Cade, stop double posting. Use grammar. Use less exclamation marks. It will help us all.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post June 11th, 2008, 12:55 pm

Sorry for double posting. I thought I was using great grammar?
Is now 15!

Post June 11th, 2008, 2:59 pm

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points
Originally posted by Austin

Originally posted by jensen-nator

the white one looks pretty, but i dont think id ever get one. :/
to much money, id be worried about it braking all the time, that and scatches.

Do you have a piece of glass? Now take a key, scratch it as hard as possible. Any scrathes? No, glass is a harder material. The ipods screen will not scrath at all. Most, if not all phones, screens are plastic. The iphones doesnt stratch. They also don't break. Theres some videos of people just dropping them over and over again from very high heights.

heres one video...

ok, yes thats true. but id still be careful with it.
just because something is hard to scratch or brake doesnt mean it cant. haha XD
but thanks for showing me that.

Post June 11th, 2008, 3:42 pm

When i get my Iphone 3G i am going to take care of it like a baby. I will make sure that thing will nit get one scratch on it! [worship]
Is now 15!

Post June 13th, 2008, 12:02 am

Points on hand: 962.00 Points
coasterkid is like the annoying goth kid who reminds you everyday that they hate you.

Post June 13th, 2008, 12:04 am

[lol] i will have to agree that, that was a huge a** post
Is now 15!

Post June 13th, 2008, 12:25 am

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Originally posted by Canadmos

The custom avatar feature doesn't resize it for you. Just goto www.imageshack.us and upload it and click resize.

I can't wait to go pick up a Creatize Zen 8gb media player. Screw this overpriced poop.

I have a creative zen vision m. 300 songs out of a possable 15,000 around 50 photos no videos yet and i've accidently dropped at servel times on concrete the thing is like bulletproof. Im still uploading pics and songs and soon will have videos. Its the best 300 dollars i ever spent creative products are better than what i have seen.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

Post June 13th, 2008, 12:28 am

the only thing concrete does to iPods is scratch them.
Is now 15!

Post June 13th, 2008, 1:08 am

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Originally posted by Cade

the only thing concrete does to iPods is scratch them.

Not from what my friends said and what i have seen.
Trim breaks are your enemy, retracking/smoothing is your friend. I miss b&m floored sit downs. coaster count=39

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion