Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Iphone 2 Introduction

Iphone 2 Introduction

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 23rd, 2008, 7:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,495.00 Points
I am glad someone did the research.....lol
Is now 15!

RIP Wildcatter, 1982-2007.

Post June 23rd, 2008, 8:02 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by Cade
1. It is spelled embarrassment.
2. That's not even the slightest bit of truth.
3. I only changed discussions because I was tired of arguing.

You can tell you're the type that's easily brainwashed by marketing around you. You copied my method of getting a point across and didn't even realise it. Don't feel bad it's cute.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 23rd, 2008, 8:20 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Cade, I wouldn't even call that research. I went to google and typed internet explorer mac and got results, and clicked on the wiki one. Not even hard.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post June 24th, 2008, 1:58 am

yea..i know i wanted to be smart.
Is now 15!

Post June 24th, 2008, 6:42 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Don't try to do that because you'll get royally burned.

Post June 24th, 2008, 7:03 pm

yes dad!....[LOL]
Is now 15!

Post June 24th, 2008, 8:20 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Fetch me a beer emo.

Post June 24th, 2008, 10:24 pm

Points on hand: 2,400.00 Points

Originally posted by tiepilot35

Originally posted by CalawayPark

Oh yeah, the Macs have a lot of cool programs. You know, the ones at my school, they've got Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, MS Paint; it's great.

Paint and Internet Explorer aren't available for Macs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Explorer_for_Mac
I'm glad you know your Macs so well.

I'm glad you're such a dumbass, I have something to laugh at. Your OWN ARTICLE states that they ceased support in December of 05 advising users to uprade to Safari. That's a good 2+ years you douche. If your computers at your school are still running IE for Mac they are ancient and still running Panther- fantastic job at comparing old Macs with new PCs.

Post June 24th, 2008, 11:50 pm

I didn't read the article. You said the program isn't available for Macs. That doesn't mean it was. They aren't running this "Panther" you speak of, either. They're fairly recent; and they are horrible.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post June 25th, 2008, 1:21 am

I didn't read the article. You said the program isn't available for Macs. That doesn't mean it was. They aren't running this "Panther" you speak of, either. They're fairly recent; and they are horrible.

No, they're running Panther. Microsoft doesn't MAKE IE for Mac anymore, it's not pre-installed on Tiger and doesn't work under Leopard. You're running Panther, get over it- schools use the standard software that comes on the computer unless a student downloads it, and there's no way to get IE anymore because Microsoft doesn't support it or develop it anymore. I highly doubt your school tech would dig through a tonne of third party crap to get IE on their Macs when Safari would be on it if it was running anything above Panther.

You're a liar and you have no idea what you're talking about, so stick it up your hole.

Post June 25th, 2008, 2:29 am

Points on hand: 1,554.00 Points
First and foremost. I only registered to reply to the douche by the name of coasterkid.
enjoy the flame, throw some steaks on it boys.
Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

Apple did lie with their marketing

Yeah I don't understand nuclear reactors but if I buy a nuclear reactor and it only gives out 3% of the advertise power output I can still figure out it's a scam. This company is still claiming new features are things a great majority of all phones already have. I don't care if it's comparable to most computer monitors, you were advertised a MUCH MUCH better one and was given something that isn't advertised. Don't try to justify it by saying it's equivalent to most. It shouldn't be equivalent, it should be better.

Dude, how but how many of those phones actually look and function as well as an iphone? Have you ever used...so much as SEEN the iPhone OS in action? It's flawless, and has smooth menu transitions from program to program. You don't see a crappy "please wait" screen after checking your email/browsing the web/ starting the camera/etc like you would with most phones. The iPhone is a premium phone, you pay a premium to get their renowned quality product. If you don't want to get one, then dont....but don't bitch.

Apple will be updating the iPod touch and lowering the price; the reason they are being offered for free with anybody who buys a new Mac for college. This is a common practise with Apple- it's been done with the iPod nano as well.

Originally posted by CoasterkidmwmThat isn't a feature of the iPhone, it's something else entirely.

duh. Kinda noticed that after the words "ipod touch"

Remember, the iPhone comes with an AT&T contract, and the iPod touch doesn't. Therein lies the difference; but the average consumer probably wouldn't notice this, and I'm sure Apple knows that- expect the price of the iPod touch to come down, possibly with a new model.

So I'm forced into only using one company and the price will go down as they upgrade to a newer model? NO WAY!

You can say that with any company. Look at game system companies?
That's like bitching about why MGS4 won't work on your ps1 since you don't want to get a "newer model" aka PS3. Tough luck. Deal with it.

3G iPhone now comes in black and white and has a glossy plastic back with less chrome visible on the front, tapered edges and is now lighter. No recessed headphone jack, and the speaker quality has been enhanced greatly.

I thought all iProducts had superior sound quality. I guess not. So they added a color and smoothed out an edge. What a design change! Only a Mercury Grand Marquis can compete with that kind of radical change from model to model.

You are so f.uck1ng ignorant, Jesus pancake flipping Christ!
What Calaway is talking about is ENHANCEMENTS. because technology you know. improves. over. time. and do some research kid, or at least read his post. thats not the only thing they're improving. 3G!, GPS!, the OS, the design, and much more. Your not forced to upgrade. I'm still going to use my older iphone, but that doesn't make it obsolete. But I still acknowledge the 3g iPhone will be a great phone, and no other phone is as sleek and functional as it.

iPhone 2.0 software being released with the new iPhone on July 11th- preinstalled on every system. Phone will be available in 21 countries on release date, including Australia, Japan and Canada. The iPhone SDK now has push notification support for instant messaging/email/web applications being released on the App store; no applications are allowed to run in the background of the OS to save battery and performance power.

You're allowed to do what every other phone does? SWEET! How did they convince you that releasing it in other countries was a feature?

Again completely arguing the main point he's getting across.
The OS is getting significant changes, dramatic ones that your ass will be too ignorant to care about; So I won't discuss them.

Games featured on the iPhone were Super Monkey Ball! from Sega, using the iPhone's accelerometer to tilt one of the 4 monkeys, over 110 stages for the iPhone with graphics nearing the PSP system from Sony. Cromag and Enigmo were also anounced. Cromag being a cave man racing game and Enigmo being a physics based puzzle that shows the iPhones power in it rendering multiple physics engines at once. The other game they displayed was named "Crawl" a platformer where you shake the phone to jump, and tap either side of the screen to run. Absolutely beautiful graphics in this one; succeeding any game I've seen on the PSP.

Wow they're outperforming the other biggest sham company in history! Sony is gonna have to make a 2000 dollar PS4 to compete with Apple in this department!

Good luck playing your ps4 in the in the street =p

Flaws of the iPhone 3G:
No Video Camera [This will be solved through 3rd party Apps, you can already do it through jailbreaking. Not a big deal, but a deal nonetheless.]

Yeah my bank account won't let me into the lock box next to me but if I bring down a third party key I can get into his lockbox. It's super cool.

huh?

No copy and paste

All that computing power and no copy and paste feature?

wow. something you said actually made sense.

I thought the event was very interesting; people need to realize that WWDC is a developers conference and the events in the keynote are supposed to appeal to the developer crowd, not the consumer crowd.

I can't find a head tilting slightly to one side completely flabbergasted smiley face to express how I have no idea what the WWDC is.

again if your ass is going to be ignorant, don't speak.

If you read all that, thanks I guess for not passing me off as the Apple fan who's going to glorify everything.

Well I mean you did think that releasing it in other places was a feature so that's not making them look better or anything at all.

[r]

It actually is making them look better, they're broadening their market. duh. And he never said it was a "feature".

Your such a douche. good day.

Post June 25th, 2008, 3:14 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,873.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

http://www.instinctthephone.com/?id12=C ... ctthephone

Click about the phone link at the bottom
Click instinct vs iphone

Also, it's not going to cost a gazillion dollars.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post June 25th, 2008, 10:13 am

Originally posted by Oscar

http://www.instinctthephone.com/?id12=CHP_Masthead_062008_instinctthephone

Click about the phone link at the bottom
Click instinct vs iphone

Also, it's not going to cost a gazillion dollars.

New iPhone: $199
New Instinct: $129

New iPhone has 3G.
New Instinct has 3G, but the old didn't which is what they're comparing it to.

The Instinct has the same crappy mobile browser all the other phones do.

Nearly all the features the Instinct has will be available in the app store for the iPhone.

Post June 25th, 2008, 2:06 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Nearly all the features the Instinct has will be available in the app store for the iPhone.

Fact is that it is faster loading browser and has much more viewing area in the browser.

As far as the applications being available in the app store, well then, the phone is cheaper but less feature rich, once you buy all the features to be equally feature rich, it will come out to be a gaziilion dollar phone again.
Paradox wrote:

Post June 25th, 2008, 2:28 pm

Fact is that it is faster loading browser and has much more viewing area in the browser.

As far as the applications being available in the app store, well then, the phone is cheaper but less feature rich, once you buy all the features to be equally feature rich, it will come out to be a gaziilion dollar phone again.

Wrong. Most of the apps are free. You're wrong about the faster loading browser, they're comparing it to the old iPhone. The browser the Instinct uses is crap, it's got terribly slow rendering and it has LESS viewing area. What are you talking about? The iPhone has a way bigger screen then the Instinct and you can zoom out to view the entire page on the iPhone. The iPhone has more viewing area.

The Applications I'm referring to, such as video will be free. The apps in the app store don't have to cost anything; they can be free and it doesn't cost the person anything to put the app on the store provided they aren't making profit off it.

The Instinct has a faster network sure, but you have to have it in your area for it to mean anything. Not to mention the Instinct doesn't even have WiFi capabilities. The faster network doesn't mean crap when you have a terrible browser and rendering engine. The other thing is the fact that you're comparing a product's ad campaign to real evidence, I've seen videos showing the Instincts browser and it is awful. The iPhone has a network speed that's almost as fast now but the fact that the browser renders *REAL* web pages instead of the *MOBILE* version of web pages, has a faster rendering engine and a sleeker interface and control scheme makes it WAY superior to some network speed that you can't even use everywhere.

The Instinct still can't match the iPhone in some areas. For instance:

Push email, contacts and Calendar.
Free applications.
Incredible music store.
Awesome media player.
HTML email.
Web browser.
OS ease of use and design
WiFI
4 times the storage...

And it's only 70 dollars more.

Post June 25th, 2008, 2:48 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Fact: The iphone and iphone 2 are pieces of crap.
End of story, you're just a sorry depressed apple fanboy.
Paradox wrote:

Post June 25th, 2008, 2:55 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

N95 8GB still beats the crap out of the iphone...
Actually, any newer symbian phone beats the iPhone...
Especially the upcoming nokia tube, and other nokia touch enabled phones that will come after it...

Post June 25th, 2008, 3:31 pm

Fact: The iphone and iphone 2 are pieces of crap.
End of story, you're just a sorry depressed apple fanboy.

Fact: The iPhone and iPhone 3G are absolutely fantastic devices with a great OS.
End of story, you're just a sorry depressed anti Apple fool.

Post June 25th, 2008, 4:00 pm

Points on hand: 872.00 Points
Why pay so much more for somthing so not the best A.K.A. being an apple fanboy!

Post June 25th, 2008, 4:32 pm

wow oscar getting into it too. but there will be some phones that will compare to the iPhone..but the iPhone beats them out with the responsive touch screen...i have not seen 1 phone that can compare to that.
Is now 15!

Post June 25th, 2008, 4:52 pm

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Wow, it has a touchscreen!
Well boohoo!
There's so many phones that have a touchscreen, and there's even more touch phones with the double touch technology coming up...

Post June 25th, 2008, 7:33 pm

Points on hand: 1,554.00 Points
notice how he said "responsive". not just "touch screen". READ.

Post June 26th, 2008, 9:41 am

Originally posted by hollaz2alex

notice how he said "responsive". not just "touch screen". READ.

Reading isn't part of their daily regimen. They'd much rather try to convince eachother that Apple sucks while assuming that everyone else is wrong.

I'd bet 90% of these fools have never used a Mac or an iPhone.

Post June 26th, 2008, 3:13 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

I'm a fool because I don't like something? Weird.

Hollaztoalex - I passed 4th grade English class. Did you?

Post June 26th, 2008, 3:38 pm

No, they're running Panther. Microsoft doesn't MAKE IE for Mac anymore, it's not pre-installed on Tiger and doesn't work under Leopard. You're running Panther, get over it- schools use the standard software that comes on the computer unless a student downloads it, and there's no way to get IE anymore because Microsoft doesn't support it or develop it anymore. I highly doubt your school tech would dig through a tonne of third party crap to get IE on their Macs when Safari would be on it if it was running anything above Panther.

You're a liar and you have no idea what you're talking about, so stick it up your hole.

They also have Safari. But good thing Microsoft is there to provide Apple with the office programs of powerpoint, excel, word, etc. so the computers that are there are Microsoft assisted pieces of crappy hardware that we want to throw out the window instead of just crappy hardware we want to throw out the window.

And, what I don't understand, why did Apple decide to names like Leopard, Panther, etc. Get a PC and run this thing called "Windows". It's pretty simple.

Also, I'm not going to stick anything up my "hole". Speak for yourself.

Regarding the topic, I don't like the iPhone, because of the phone part of it. My friend has an iTouch and it's a fairly good device. The phone bill is expensive, it's not worth it. And the release of this thing is really pissing me off, because all the media shows do nowadays is provide an update of them kissing Steve Jobs's ass. Even my favorite shows on G4. It's not that big of a deal; it's a NEW version of a product; that still doesn't have features Microsoft would think of like copy/paste.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion