Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Kings Dominion Halloween Haunt

Kings Dominion Halloween Haunt

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post November 25th, 2010, 5:48 pm

Points on hand: 1,157.00 Points
Long overdue and it happened over a month ago but I thought I'd like to share my experience.

- First notable thing was when we were about to enter the park turnstyles, I heard a gong...............now are they seriously gonna play Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls? Heard another gong, then bam, lol, yes they played that song. I thought it was cheezy but in a cool way.

- When I walked into Dominator, the coolest thing happened, we walked right to where the handrails were, were close to the front, about 15 people in front of us. Suddenly someone said "2 riders?". Are you serious? Everyone was nice and let us get on immediately. So we basically just got on dominator the moment we walked into the entrance. What a great start to the night! Dominator at night was good and enjoyable but nothing special.

- Now we headed to the Volcano, we noticed the attendance tonight wasn't that much on our way to Volcano which is good cuz the lines were short. During this walk is when you see the employees dressed up in costumes trying to scare you performing around every corner. They did a good job and it was atmospheric.

- Now Volcano at night. WOW! This was argruably the highlight of the night. BEST RIDE WE EVER HAD ON VOLCANO! Geez, what a thrill, SO much better at night. I don't really know how to describe why it was so special, I guess its due to the blast into darkness but it felt faster, more intense, geez, it just felt perfect. After the first ride, I turned to my sister and she agreed it was the best ride we ever had on Volcano. We went on it two more times.

- We walked towards Intimidator 305 and noticed people walking out, we found out it was closed..................for now. So we went on Anaconda. Well, Anaconda is Anaconda, as fun as it normally is and still painful at the annoying part.

- So we went back to Intimidator and guess what, it opened up again. Not too many people were in line for its reopen so we got fairly close to the front of the first row. The wait was about 20 minutes for the front row which is fairly short compared to normal. What can I say, its I305. A great ride which used to be a gargantuan before the trims were added. Now, I305 in front row at night is basically complete darkness around the first turn, a lot of wind, and a lot of speed. Lets imagine how I305 at 94mph would have been at night, I could only dream.

- We went to Rebel Yell next with a surprise, the line was actually long. For Rebel Yell? We've ridden that over 25 times probably so we decided it wasn't worth the wait tonight.

- Now Grizzly. Excellent wooden coaster at night like always. Just rumbling around everywhere without getting a good sight of where you're going. Rode that about 6-8 times.

This is far from our first time here so its not like a once a year event where we must ride everything. We'll be back next year. Great experience.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports