Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Weather!?

Weather!?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post July 28th, 2008, 2:29 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Holy Christing hell on earth!

It has been IMMENSELY hot in England the past couple of days, too hot last night for me to sleep infact, and I got no sleep. So tonight we decided to put the tent up to sleep in the cooler air in the garden, just when we started to put the tent up we heard a distant rumble of thunder. Usually our thunderstorms are like a couple of rumbles about 10 miles away that last about 3 minutes. Well, continuing to put the tent up the rumbles started getting closer!

we started to put it up faster, and thank god too! we just finished putting the last peg in when the first little spots of rain landed on us. Then from actually really sunny nice weather, a change within about 20 seconds, the time it took me and Linny to get back to the door of the house, it was completely black and the rain was torrential! The back garden, containing the tent, was flooded with half a foot of water in the space of about 5 mintues.... wtf!?

The water outside the patio doors is about half way up the shins! This weather is bloody crazy! and I HATE how hot this country is these days!!!!! [V]

Post July 28th, 2008, 2:36 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

we had it here in brownhills just befor you, i now have a wet bed to sleep on after leaving my window open.

what a bad piece of weather that was, first time ive hear lightning be extreamly suddent instead of a rumble for a few years.

the last 3 days ive been down in dover camping and its been very hot and wonderful weather for our rc cars display at the waldershire steam fair. if its like this the weekend may have to be a trip to alton towers for a good while on battle galleons, the log flume, ripsaw and the rapids
Making screams come true

Post July 28th, 2008, 2:39 pm

Points on hand: 1,882.00 Points
well in the u.s,its like 100,and like the index is 110,and we never get rain.
rc designer

Post July 28th, 2008, 2:44 pm

Points on hand: 2,063.00 Points

Post July 28th, 2008, 2:48 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I'm talking about how quickly the weather changes here though. I understand there is places much hotter, much colder, much wetter etc etc... but, seriously, that is one of the craziest things I've ever witnessed! [lol]

I remember one day a few years back when it rained really hard in the morning, we had a temperature of about 30 degrees centigrade at lunch time and it was snowing by tea time. That to me shouldn't happen, but it does here really weirdly sometimes.

Me and Linny went to Alton Towers last year... no, I think it was this year actually [lol] but anyway, I think the photos are on her facebook. IT was really heavy snow blizzard and I took a photo of it standing near the air shop. We then walked straight over to nemesis which is what...50 yards away? and byt the time we got there, there was complete blue skies and sun shine with genuinely no cloud what-so-ever. There has been some really freaky weather here in recent times [lol]

Post July 28th, 2008, 3:01 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

last year me, my sis and her boyfriend went to alton towers on the last day of the season. wonderful weather all the way throught the day but at 8pm it went deathly cold and a little misty. at 9pm the fog was so thick we couldent see 10 yards infront of us. made nemesis very exciting indeed but i had to drive at 20mph on the way home so instead of it taking me 30 mins it took me 2 hours.

but yeah the weather her at times is relly crazy and has been expecially crazy recently
Making screams come true

Post July 28th, 2008, 3:20 pm

Points on hand: 2,044.00 Points
well, in Pittsburgh PA, USA, we just got one of the most awesome thunderstorms ever, saturday night. The thunder sounded like bombs going off, it was a lightshow outside with the lighting, the trees were bending over, and the rain was comin' down sideways! I found it quite neat, but then again, i didn't get flooded.

Post July 28th, 2008, 3:40 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
We in the North East had on helluva storm over the last day or so.

Post July 28th, 2008, 4:10 pm

Points on hand: 200.00 Points

I was in Florida 2 weeks ago with my family and it was relly hot the temperature was a 104 degrees with a relly high heat index. Everyday that I was in Florida 2 weeks ago we had thunderstorms and heavy rain and a lot of lighting strikes lighting even hit the rock n roller coaster when I was at the Disney world resort 2 weeks ago with my family. The temperature is normal in my area of the northeast right now but tomorrow it is going to fell like it is a 100 degrees again in my area of the northeast with a relly high heat index and thunderstorms tomorrow and wensday her in the northeast were I live. I herd that there was an f2 tornado in new England when I was in Florida 2 weeks ago and 1 person died form the f2 tornado but there has been no toranodes in my area of the north east this year yet and I don'nt that is going to happen this year or anytime soon in the northeast were I live with my family.

Post July 28th, 2008, 6:16 pm

Points on hand: 1,495.00 Points

Post July 28th, 2008, 6:27 pm

Points on hand: 5,408.00 Points
They say one thing about Colorado weather. If you don't like the weather in Colorado just wait ten minutes. Our weather changes pretty dramatically, pretty quick.
-Ryan

Return to Off Topic Discussion