Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions The offical B&M vs. Intamin thread!

The offical B&M vs. Intamin thread!

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 2nd, 2008, 11:17 pm

Points on hand: 643.00 Points

I found Mantis really fun as well, especially front seat. Not to mention Riddler is a blast too.

But Intamin still pwnz.

Post August 2nd, 2008, 11:34 pm

Points on hand: 1,495.00 Points
They both got there perks but I will have to say B&M is THE BEST!!!

Post August 2nd, 2008, 11:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,580.00 Points

Its a tough call but i think Intamin is deffinently far more Superior.
Intamins American branch, Intaride is raisin the bar to new heights.

B&M still gets props for Some of their amazing designs like the dueling dragons.

Post August 4th, 2008, 11:37 am

Points on hand: 1,292.00 Points
I personally think B&M is better than Intamin.Behemoth is my favorite coaster,the airtime is amazing.I can't tell very much about Intamin because I've been on only 1,it's called Cobra at La Ronde.

Post August 9th, 2008, 12:24 pm

Points on hand: 1,633.00 Points
Well, I haven't been on enough Intamins to compare them to B&M, but I must say that of all the Intamins I have ridden I have not been disappointed yet. I love both of the manufacturers. Its like Millennium Force vs. Apollo's Chariot. You cannot make that decision.

Post August 9th, 2008, 12:39 pm

Points on hand: 1,603.00 Points
B&M Kills Intamin Any Day.

Intamin, even though there rides are more extreme, are rough sometimes, have major downtime, and tiny seats. Not to mention there terrible capacity.

B&M Are Smooth, Thrilling, almost always Up, have great seats, and are major people eaters.

And they look Beautiful

B&M ROCKS!

Post August 9th, 2008, 12:57 pm

Points on hand: 108.00 Points
B&M is best. Intamin is very close behind though. In terms of safety and reliability....You cannot even compare the two because B&M is the top. You can always count on a B&M to be up and running. You cant say that about most Intamins. B&M's are also the smoothest coasters out there. While I do agree that they have not created to many 'NEW' designs within the past few years, the designs that they do have they have perfected to an art form. I will always choose B&M over Intamin

Post August 9th, 2008, 1:00 pm

Points on hand: 106.00 Points
I must say, after being on numerous Intamin and B&M, that B&M is the true king. Though Intamin can pump adreniline, the swift movements and grace with B&M is just something you can't shake off [:p] Not to mention that B&M are insane in all ways, airtime, speed, inversions. They also have alot of variety, when ever I go on a new B&M it is totally different than the one before. Also B&M has STAND UPS and FLYERS and SITDOWNS and DIVERS and HYPERS, its all just so amzing and different. I just love B&M. But Intamin isn't horrible, its still in 2nd place to me.[8D]

Post August 9th, 2008, 1:32 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Originally posted by MilleniumForcer

Not to mention that B&M are insane in all ways, airtime, speed, inversions.

You must be crazy.

They also have alot of variety, when ever I go on a new B&M it is totally different than the one before.

yeah that same smooth and easy feeling just stays unique somehow...[sillyme]

Post August 9th, 2008, 1:54 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
If I haven't said this before, and even if I have:

I love them both to death, end of story.

Post August 9th, 2008, 2:23 pm

Points on hand: 1,565.00 Points
i would have to say togo...

nah, i really cant decide, i have never rode an intamin ride [dunno]But, all of the B&M rides i've been on were fun.

Post August 9th, 2008, 2:29 pm

Points on hand: 1,603.00 Points
Originally posted by fehfryr
i have never rode an intamin ride [dunno]

I can tell you only one word to describe most Intamins:

Adrenaline

And summarize B&M into one word:

Artwork

Post August 9th, 2008, 7:13 pm

Points on hand: 73.00 Points
B&M is bedder then Intamin, but Intamin build the best Looping Coasters!!
Since that met you after, my soul you seem to be subject to the general

Post August 9th, 2008, 7:17 pm
A7 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 153.00 Points
For me, Intamin coasters are more extreme and the B&M ones are just more fun. I enjoy Intamin coasters over B&M ones so far but that could change in the future. I've never ridden an Intamin or B&M hyper / neither a real sit-down B&M looper.

Post August 9th, 2008, 9:58 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Originally posted by napoleon

No actually b&m makes better loopers.

Post August 9th, 2008, 10:00 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points

Post August 9th, 2008, 10:10 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points

They also have alot of variety, when ever I go on a new B&M it is totally different than the one before.

Ya, you can say goodbye to that...

Originally posted by B and M

You say it like it's a fact.

Post August 10th, 2008, 12:12 am

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

Ya, you can say goodbye to that...

Originally posted by B and M

You say it like it's a fact.

Well in my opinion. But look at medusa, wildfire, riddler, raptor, and kumba. I mean intamin isn't as crazy about loopers. They want to build more of the hyper and giga coasters. They only three loopers i know inta made are the one in port adventura, colossus, and volcano the blast coaster. Besides that inta dosn't make loopers too much.

*note: I consider a looper any coaster that has an inversion of some type.*

Post August 10th, 2008, 11:26 pm

Points on hand: 935.00 Points
They only three loopers i know inta made are the one in port adventura, colossus, and volcano the blast coaster.

Roller Coaster Search Results

Criteria: Contributor = Intamin AG
Criteria: Element = Loop

Found: 22

And that was just for loops. That isn't counting ride like Maverick, Fahrenheit, Storm Runner, Speed Monster, Furious Baco, etc.

Post August 11th, 2008, 12:37 am

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Fahrenheit was a lot for fun to me than any B&M Looper that I've been on, and so was Maverick actually.

Post September 6th, 2008, 3:46 pm

Points on hand: 1,432.00 Points
^I agree with Jimmy, I'll ride Fahrenheit or Maverick over any B&M Looper any day of the week.

The reason I prefer Intamin over B&M is because of their willingness to try innovative ideas, utilize new technology, and take risks in doing so. This falls in sharp contrast with B&M, which has over the past few years become very conservative with their designs; they only use tried and true elements and systems on their coasters. It's somewhat disappointing, considering this is the same company that gave us the invert, floorless, Dive machine, and flyer.

Post September 6th, 2008, 4:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
I love both and cant compare them. My favorite coaster is superman at sfne by far but i just love how graceful and comfortable all b&ms are. They are perfect for a bunch of g-force. Plus their dive machines. But i love the way the intamins are so crazy with all these barrel rolls and launces and so on rides like volcano. And the ejector air plus some of the banking on the trans hills get in lots of lats, and the seats are only tiny on the hypers and a couple rockets. And for the better. It feels like they just stuck chairs on it and handed us lapbars. And i love the shaping of the hyper drops that give the zero g on the b&m hypers. They are both just amazing.

Post September 6th, 2008, 5:32 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Originally posted by Fbh007

I personally think B&M is better than Intamin.Behemoth is my favorite coaster,the airtime is amazing.I can't tell very much about Intamin because I've been on only 1,it's called Cobra at La Ronde.

Haha, Cobra is the worst Intamin I've been on. Once you ride a better one, youll see they are both close.

I'll have to go with BandM, there's not one ride I do not like of theirs. And the reliability is great. Can't wait to see what they do in the future!

Post September 6th, 2008, 6:02 pm

Points on hand: 2,044.00 Points
It is REALLY hard to say which is best.

Intamin doesn't have many clones of their rides, so that is great. Intamin also has the strata-coaster and many launch coasters, whilst B&M only has one.

B&M though, is always up and running, very reliable. B&M also has the inverted coaster, which Intamin only has one of.

These companies are both amazingly awesome. Ordinarily, i'd pick B&M, because of their smoothness and beauty, (and inverted coasters), but if it wasn't for Intamin, there'd be such a lack of launched coasters, and that would suck, because 5g launches are just crazy awesome. So in the end, it's a tie.

P.s. By the way, i give props to Mantis, i love that coaster.
"If that boy billionaire thinks he can shut me up, he should stick his head in a can of paint." - Myron Cope R.I.P.

Post September 7th, 2008, 10:29 am

Points on hand: 935.00 Points
Originally posted by jslim39

B&M also has the inverted coaster, which Intamin only has one of.

Unless you count the impulses...

PreviousNext

Return to General Theme Park Discussions