Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Vista Problems

Vista Problems

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post November 2nd, 2008, 11:55 am

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

So my parents' laptop has vista on it, and last week they did a system restore on it for some reason. now every time it boots up, we have to re-enter the network info, it opens up the "welcome center", and firefox always puts up 4 prompts each saying "chrome registration failed" or something to that effect.

any ideas?

Post November 2nd, 2008, 12:11 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Just click the box that says 'don't show on startup' on the welcome screen. As for FireFox, just reinstall it.

As for the network, make sure that you have it set to save the information.

Post November 2nd, 2008, 12:48 pm

^tried reinstalling firefox. just keeps happening. and i did set it not to show on startup. i should've mentioned that that's what happens when i try to use system restore to go back to the point before they first used restore. but the firefox problem happens no matter what.

i looked on the mozilla support forums and it says that it's an issue with administrative rights of the user, but i'm using the admin account and those messages keep popping up.

Post November 2nd, 2008, 1:32 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Honestly, I would just install Vista again and start from scratch. [shocked]

Post November 2nd, 2008, 2:02 pm

actually I told them that for what they wanna do, a tiny little Eee PC would do it, and they seem to like the idea. chuffin laptops.

Return to Off Topic Discussion