Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports ECG's Whopper in Florida 04/12/2008 LIVE(Pics Inc)

ECG's Whopper in Florida 04/12/2008 LIVE(Pics Inc)

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Heading to Orlando on the fourth of December.
Staying at the Floriday's Resort, look's pretty sweet, 2 bedroom, 3 bathroom apartment.
As far as theme parks and rollercoasters go -

Parks:-
Sea World
Islands of Adventure
Universal Studios
Busch Gardens Africa
Disneys Animal Kingdom
Magic Kingdom
Epcot
Hollywood Studios

Other Attractions
Blizzard Beach
Cape Kennedy + Hoverboat Ride
Wet 'n Wild
Aquatica

Coasters :-
Kraken
Hulk
Duelling Dragons Fire
Duelling Dragons Ice
Flying Unicorn
Pteranodon Flyers
Revenge of the Mummy
Woody's Nuthouse Coaster
Cheeta Chase
Gwazi Lion
Gwazi Tiger
Kumba
Montu
Scorpion
Sheirka
Expedition Everest
Primeval Whirl
Rock 'n Rollercoaster
Space Mountain
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Barnstormer

Went abit crazy on theme park tickets, but we can hit every park in Orlando as much as we want for two weeks flat, so much for a relaxing holdiay. Supposed to go to Mexico this year but spotted really cheap flights for Orlando.
I'll try update this after every day in the hotel in the evenings if im not wasted, or absolutely shattered. Brand new 13.6x digital camera to take pictures with, i just hope the parks wernt busy like they were last year.
I'll keep you all updated!
Last edited by english coaster guy on December 6th, 2008, 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 23rd, 2008, 7:05 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Post November 23rd, 2008, 8:05 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Sounds great, I would love to join you on this trip since my last visit to orlando was awesome. Enjoy your stay there! [:)]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post November 25th, 2008, 7:40 pm

Thanks guys im sure i will!
Its our second time in Orlando, but first time at Disney, pretty aprehensive as it seems the queue's will be huge for the larger rides as i guess theres only a select few.

Never had problems with queue's in Busch, Universal and Sea World last time we went though, we did go for new years eve in 2005 and re-rode Sheikra 9 times without getting off, max queue was 35 minutes for Hulk, and we was at a theme park every day for 14 days so no complaining there!
Certainly looking forward to Moons Over My-Hammy at Denny's too =D.

Post November 26th, 2008, 10:10 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Well, I gotta warn you. The Disney parks arn't so fun in comparison with Anaheim or Paris. I do love the waterparks there tho. Those are awesome!

Post November 26th, 2008, 10:29 am

Yeah i understand where your coming from dude!
Typhoon Lagoon is shut for renovation though, but Summit Plummit looks fxcking insane!

Post November 26th, 2008, 10:57 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by english coaster guy

Yeah i understand where your coming from dude!
Typhoon Lagoon is shut for renovation though, but Summit Plummit looks fxcking insane!

Awww.. Imo typhoon lagoon was the best waterpark. But Summit Plummit is just fast, it gives you an instant thong xD I liked the other speedslide with the hills more. If you go fast enough you can catch some real airtime [pshades]

Post November 26th, 2008, 12:10 pm

Haha, Summit Plummit's one for gazag then i guess.
Im sure i'll have a blast still, Wet n Wild and Aquatica too! =D

Post November 26th, 2008, 12:15 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

thanks ecg, i dont need plummit summit to make me ware a thong does i.

BTW that thing fecking hurts and ill never go in it again, well maybe with alot of convincing.

i challange you to get a photo of you hugging mikey and minnie
proper hug too
Making screams come true

Post November 27th, 2008, 10:12 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by gazag

i challange you to get a photo of you hugging mikey and minnie
proper hug too

I gave minnie a kiss on her hand but mickey didn't liked that. [lol]

Post November 27th, 2008, 12:04 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

dude, awesome trip in prospect! There's no need to say "hope you have a good time" because you blatantly will [lol].

But I gotta warn you, I dislike little rich kids that get to go on holiday to Florida every year, while I'm stuck in a tent in a field in tal-y-bont! [:P]

Post November 27th, 2008, 6:43 pm

Haha very funny, to be honest Gouldy we've only been to America twice, and you've been to SFGA, and at least you have a job, im un-employed, out of college too lol.
Happy days!

Post November 27th, 2008, 7:11 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

lol, you'd better get a job then ECG if were still going to make that trip to germany mid next year lol
Making screams come true

Post November 27th, 2008, 10:05 pm

Points on hand: 617.00 Points
I loved Summit Plummet, but for intimadation it has to be the Oblivion of waterslides..TheBombBay! On your other attractions u missed out the Kissimee SkyCoaster $30 but for a 300ft Skycoaster.The Worlds Tallest how can ya complain! Have a great trip!
Joined age 14 still here at 28 =]

Post November 27th, 2008, 10:16 pm

Points on hand: 617.00 Points
Sorry for the double post, but remember BEWARE OF THE FLORIDA CURSE!...
that sounds somthing like this..It all begins to happen when the clock strikes 3pm...An unearthly vibe creeps through the park gates...they know its coming...so do you...and then IT GRABS U!!! and the tannoys erupt into.....DUE TO INCLIMATE WEATHER "enter ride name here" HAS BEEN CLOSED FOR YOUR SAFTEY, FEEL FREE TO ENJOY ANOTHER ONE OF OUR CLOSED ATTRACTIONS,HAVE A NICE DAY" hehe...Chilling isnt it
Joined age 14 still here at 28 =]

Post November 27th, 2008, 10:39 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
^ omfg, that happened to me with EE, SO MAD!!!!!! yea, when I went there, it was a beautiful sunny day out, then all the sudden, WHAM!!!!!! you get hit with extremely high, DRENCHING rain fall. Its nuts, so if you see bad weather coming, go to an indoor ride.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post November 29th, 2008, 6:22 am

Haha gazag, my CV's getting poster around by connections to findme the best job so ill be loaded soon hopefully!

Haha, never had a ride shut on me last time!!!!!! Your just jealous!
[lol].

Post December 6th, 2008, 1:31 am

Hello there, following is the trip report from day one of my trip, at Disney's Epcot.
I wont bore you with all the details(im shattered and its late, magic kingdom tommorow!!!). Theres alot of coasters on this trip and Epcot didnt have any of them, but i was extremely suprised by some of the attractions.
For example...

Mission:SPACE
This ride is absolutely amazing, the themeing, build up, the anticipation and not for getting the ride itself. Left me pretty much speechless. You experience a launch into space, catapult around the moon, trip through meteor showers, and landing on mars not forgetting other things. The ride itself pulls serious G-forces im not joking, even recreating zero-gravity quite accuratly, this maybe somewhat cliche but the ride was out of this world! 10/10

TestTrack
Another suprise, i'de not really looked into TestTrack either, along with Mission:SPACE and again the ride was pretty awesome. The high speed sections we're alot faster than i thought, around 66mph but felt alot faster on the oversized scalextric track, it was a nice finaly to a brilliantly themed, fun yet quite exhilerating attraction. 8/10

Soarin
Soarin is a motion simulator simulating flight, the sensation is brilliant and again the ride was pretty well themed in and around the queue lines. I would suggest using the front row as it rises the highest and you cant see anyones feet which kinda ruins the whole experience, but still an awesome ride!! 8/10

We went on all the other attractions in the park, discluding the "Finding Nemo" one, too many happy children and not enough chaos for me[lol]. The 3D Honey i Shrunk the Audience is a definite competitor with Universals 3D shows, and the World Showcase is stunningly themed and a good place to find something to eat, (we got fish and chips from United Kindom section[lol]!!)

Overall a fun day, we're getting Magic Kingdom done tommorow, not much to do there but heard good things. Main attractions for us are Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Moutain, not forgetting a picutre of me with Minnie!

PICTURES COMING ASAP, (cant find a decent enough picture resize tool for Hello there, following is the trip report from day one of my trip, at Disney's Epcot.
I wont bore you with all the details(im shattered and its late, magic kingdom tommorow!!!). Theres alot of coasters on this trip and Epcot didnt have any of them, but i was extremely suprised by some of the attractions.
For example...

Mission:SPACE
This ride is absolutely amazing, the themeing, build up, the anticipation and not for getting the ride itself. Left me pretty much speechless. You experience a launch into space, catapult around the moon, trip through meteor showers, and landing on mars not forgetting other things. The ride itself pulls serious G-forces im not joking, even recreating zero-gravity quite accuratly, this maybe somewhat cliche but the ride was out of this world! 10/10

TestTrack
Another suprise, i'de not really looked into TestTrack either, along with Mission:SPACE and again the ride was pretty awesome. The high speed sections we're alot faster than i thought, around 66mph but felt alot faster on the oversized scalextric track, it was a nice finaly to a brilliantly themed, fun yet quite exhilerating attraction. 8/10

Soarin
Soarin is a motion simulator simulating flight, the sensation is brilliant and again the ride was pretty well themed in and around the queue lines. I would suggest using the front row as it rises the highest and you cant see anyones feet which kinda ruins the whole experience, but still an awesome ride!! 8/10

We went on all the other attractions in the park, discluding the "Finding Nemo" one, too many happy children and not enough chaos for me[lol]. The 3D Honey i Shrunk the Audience is a definite competitor with Universals 3D shows, and the World Showcase is stunningly themed and a good place to find something to eat, (we got fish and chips from United Kindom section[lol]!!)

Overall a fun day, we're getting Magic Kingdom done tommorow, not much to do there but heard good things. Main attractions for us are Space Mountain, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Moutain, not forgetting a picutre of me with Minnie!

Sorry for bad quality, all 400x400 resolution, if you want a bigger photo pm me and ill email it to you.

I love massive balls
Image Insert:
[img]
http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/file_ ... ts/english coaster guy/20081267058_SDC10083 [].JPG[/img]
56.51 KB

Brother-father-me @ Mission:SPACE
Image Insert:
[img]http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/file_attachments/english%20coaster%20guy/2008126753_SDC10084%20[].JPG[/img]
61.36 KB

TestTrack - loads of nuts in here.
Image Insert:
[img]http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/file_attachments/english%20coaster%20guy/20081267548_SDC10086%20[].JPG[/img]
78.28 KB

Brother-mother-father
Image Insert:
[img]http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/file_attachments/english%20coaster%20guy/20081267654_SDC10090%20[].JPG[/img]
61.4 KB

Awesome, enough said
Image Insert:
[img]http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/file_attachments/english%20coaster%20guy/20081267727_SDC10091%20[].JPG[/img]
56.52 KB

***Now desktop wallpaper
Image Insert:
[img]http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/file_attachments/english%20coaster%20guy/2008126781_SDC10092%20[].JPG[/img]
57.16 KB

Me + Mission Control + Unecessary Cheese
Image Insert:
[img]http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/file_attachments/english%20coaster%20guy/20081267837_SDC10095%20[].JPG[/img]
57.69 KB

Dad and Mum scared again, brother posing but just cant see the wet patch.
Image Insert:
[img]http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/file_attachments/english%20coaster%20guy/20081267947_SDC10098%20[].JPG[/img]
54.03 KB

Inside the capsual thing, awesomely themed yet again.
Image Insert:
[img]http://www.coastercrazy.com/forum/file_attachments/english%20coaster%20guy/200812671051_SDC10101%20[].JPG[/img]
56.53 KB

There isnt many pictures for Epcot, and i resized all the photos 400x400 because i knew they would be under 90kb, for the rest of the photo's can anyone tell me what resolution i should use for uploading, best quality possible.
Off to Magic Kingdom just about now, post report tonight, seeya later!

Post December 6th, 2008, 11:19 am

Images aren't working for me. Sounded like you had a good time.

Post December 6th, 2008, 2:44 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
^ same.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post February 19th, 2009, 9:03 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
It could have been me, but I didnt feel Mission Spaces G's were intense at all. Felt like 3 or 4 tops and breifly. The Zero G was cool but it didnt feel true zero g either. I definatly wasnt free floating, but it was fairly close.

Yes, I rode the correct side, before anyone asks lol.

It was good, nothing Id race back to.

Post February 19th, 2009, 10:24 pm

^I thought it was great, but I couldn't do it again, I can't do any spinning rides the go in constant circles. Especially fast and tight circles like that ride.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports