Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Tunnel test

Tunnel test

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post December 5th, 2008, 3:46 pm

Points on hand: 2,253.00 Points
Hey i know this has happened before but how can you tell if it passes ot not because my racer has some close encounters!!

Insert

Post December 5th, 2008, 4:29 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

You said it in the title. Make all segments be a tunnel.

Highlight all segments, click the segment button, click tunnel.

Post December 5th, 2008, 4:30 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
highlight the entire track, choose track settings, then click tunnel. Go through the track now in the simulator, and see if there is any spot where 2 tunnels collide.
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post December 5th, 2008, 5:02 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
For a woodie convert the track to a steel schwartzkopf and do it that way. IMO its a more realistic test than the square tunnels on the woodies since the range of motion tested is a pill shape anyways. That way if you clip the corner of a square tunnel you may be ok with the round ones.

Its really how all TT's should be done on woodies. Using the woodie tunnels is not accurate at all.

Post December 5th, 2008, 5:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,253.00 Points
thanx but there is lots of places were they collide but how do i know is its bad COLISON or not!

Post December 5th, 2008, 6:06 pm

If you used the steel coaster tunnels - then ALL hits are bad as long as they are above the rails. Anything at rail height or lower I wouldnt worry about. Any hits in the round tunnel though are pretty much bad.

Post December 5th, 2008, 6:42 pm

Points on hand: 4,046.00 Points
here's what I do, if there is a piece of track over another piece, i only test the one on the bottom, if the top one is hit by the tunnel underneath, it doesn't matter.

Post December 12th, 2008, 11:04 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Neither wood nor steel tunnels are accurate, they both extend too far out to consider any minor intrusion to be unsafe. The older steel tunnels worked better, but the circular tunnel that comes with the tunnel maker (not the stop sign one, the one in a file you have to browse for) works best.

What I do is run the test anyway (even with the new steel tunnels), and basically ignore any minor intrusions. Tunnel within tunnel intrusions that occur with 2 tracks near each other are also typically ignored if the blocking system only permits one train at a time. (and hence, no chance of 2 trains crossing the area simultaneously)

Post December 13th, 2008, 10:04 am

^I didnt remember that he redid all the tunnels. So yes, thats the tunnel I was referring to - they purely circular tunnel. Though, a real tunnel would be pill shaped by nature. If you wanted too, with the tunnel maker, make a tunnel where you stretch the sides out a bit. So its more a squashed oval

Ala

http://www.pointbuzz.com/Photos/Photo.a ... nium+force

Return to No Limits Coaster