Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Have u ever wrote history about a fictonal park?

Have u ever wrote history about a fictonal park?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Points on hand: 2,664.00 Points
This is for some of the more creative people in this forum. Have you ever wanted to write history about a fictonal park? I did one once, It was about an RCT2 park I downloaded. Six Flags Stevenson by Tooley.(btw Tooley, I loved that park) One day, I had a nice cup of coffee, and I wrote a huge history essay about that park.

Here it is,

In 1922, Roberto K.Stevenson bought lots of land near Diamond Heights River. He decided to convert the land into a large leisure park called Shady Acers. In 1924 he introduced the apparatuses that would change the way that the park would be forever, rides. He put a Merry-go-round, a Ferris wheel, and a Parachute Drop in the park and everybody flocked to the park, which would soon be called Stevenson Fun Land. In 1927 he discovered what his park has been missing, a Roller Coaster. So, he commissioned Harry Traver to build a roller coaster. The result was Thunder, a large wooden Out-and-Back/Twister roller coaster. Soon, it was advertised to be the best ride in the galaxy and masses of people came to the park just to ride the roller coaster. But its HUGE fame was short lived, 1933 came the depression, and the park could not get enough money to stay open, it was closed for good, or was it? Unfortunately, in 1944, due to WWII, the entire park was razed, except for Thunder. It lay dormant for 22 years. Petitions to get the coaster open again were highly active, but it never helped. And to make matters worse, Roberto K. Stevenson passed away of old age in 1950 at the age of 97. In 1966, Pepe Stevenson, Roberto?????????s grandson (born 1945) bought the land that used to be Stevenson Fun Land to revamp it into an amusement park, a miracle has happened! After 2 years of rebuilding, in 1968, it reopened to the public. And it continues to operate to this day. Roller coaster fans had to wait 19 years for them to build a new coaster. In 1985, Arrow Dynamics built Tempest, a steel roller coaster with 6 inversions. It quickly became the most visited coaster in the park. In 1987, Arrow Dynamics was commissioned again. This time to build a Suspended coaster named Big Foot. 2 years pass, and it was time for a new woodie, Timber Tantrum, A huge woodie built by Custom Coasters International. By the end of the 80s, it became a very successful park. In 1990, Six Flags bought the park. Now it is named Six Flags Stevenson. In 1991, B&M, a newbie in the roller coaster industry built their second coaster here, Batman Night Flight that became the loopiest coaster until 1998. 1992 brought a small roller coaster named Wild Thing. Coaster fans now had to wait 4 more years for a new coaster, but it was worth it. In 1996 HangOver, A B&M Invert with 5 inversions was built. In 1999 Monster, a roller coaster similar to Wild Thing was built next to Timber Tantrum. 2000 brought a whole new coaster company in the park, Intamin. Intamin built not one, but TWO of their new Impulse designs for the park, they are the Hangman Racers. 2001 brought the tallest, fastest and longest coaster in the park. Mad Moose. An interesting thing about the coaster was that Abercrombie and Fitch sponsored it. In 2002, Intamin came back to the park. They wanted to build a new design known as the Rocket Coaster. But they found that it was too extreme so it was nixed. And in its place came the last known Stand-up coaster ever built. Villain was built by B&M. In 2003 came a great tragedy. It was June 9th 2003 to be exact,during a busy day, a wheel fell off of a train on Tempest. It careened of the rails and into the queue line. 98 people are dead. The worst known accident in roller coaster history.How can a wheel cause such a horrible crash? The wheel falling off of the front car triggered a chain reaction to the crash. The pure friction from the bottom of the car to the rails caused flames to shoot out from the first car and the fires corroded the pins keeping the other wheels on and when the coaster was coming out of the double corkscrew and into that final helix, it happened. The wheels gave out and the whole six-car train derailed and collided with the large elevated queue line and The whole thing collapsed. 24 passengers were on board the train and 74 people waiting where the queue line collapsed. Truly a sad day in roller coaster history. The park was closed for the rest of the season. Tempest became SBNO in 2004 and near the coaster, was a memorial for those that died onboard. The only good thing that happened in 2004 was a new coaster, Flight of Fear, a B&M flying coaster. Flight of fear was almost cancelled because of what happened. In 2005 it was demolished. And to this day, the pieces lay in a field outside the park. In 2006, a roller coaster was built to replace Tempest. Lacoste Crazy, a B&M floorless coaster was built. It is a generic Floorless with 7 inversions. In 2007, Patriot, a B&M Dive Machine was built. This is the parks first so-called "Fliller Coaster" because by Mad Moose, there is a big grassy area that has no rides and Six Flags thought it as an opritunity to build somthing new. With all that aside, there were no updates for 2008. During off-season 2008, It was announced that HangOver, the park's B&M Invert will get new effects such as a water sprayer, steam machines and a snazzy new techno music track for the station. But then, they were testing new colors. Blue Track, Lavender Supports. Then in January 2009,after being completly recolored, It was announced that HangOver will be renamed "Bizzaro". When the park opened in 2009, Bizarro was an instant hit. and to thid day, It still thrils coaster freaks today!

Please do not say I'm a nerd for writing a huge history essay about an rct2 park. I am just very creative with words.
Last edited by fraroc on April 7th, 2009, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post January 18th, 2009, 4:15 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post January 18th, 2009, 4:20 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I felt like critiquing this. If you don't care to hear it, then don't read.

It does indeed need some work. A little bit with the way you worded some things. It also needs a bit more interest... Nearly every sentence is just "A new coaster, [name], was build in [year]". Quite boring. You used "And to this day," twice within the last four sentences. In addition, you could fix the last sentence so it doesn't repeat: "And to this day, ... today". In an essay or story or whatever, you should never use abbreviations, like SBNO or B&M. I also thought you should have expanded upon the crash incident. It needs a little more than "It broke and 98 died". If you're really interested in such writing, I think you should really put some thought into this one and make this story as best as it can possibly be.

Post January 18th, 2009, 4:25 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

When I saw the title of this topic, I knew you made it, haha.

98 People dead! Haha. Jeeeez, just from a wheel? That's what it sounded like.

Post January 18th, 2009, 10:19 pm

Originally posted by tiepilot35

I also thought you should have expanded upon the crash incident. It needs a little more than "It broke and 98 died".

If you se my post now, I did what you said and edited my post, it now tells how a nothing but a wheel caused the terrible tragedy.

Post January 18th, 2009, 10:30 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Originally posted by fraroc

In 2003 came a great tragedy. It was June 9th 2003 to be exact,during a busy day, a wheel fell off of a train on Tempest. It careened of the rails and into the queue line. 98 people are dead. The worst known accident in roller coaster history.How can a wheel cause such a horrible crash? The wheel falling off of the front car triggered a chain reaction to the crash. The pure friction from the bottom of the car to the rails caused flames to shoot out from the first car and the fires corroded the pins keeping the other wheels on and when the coaster was coming out of the double corkscrew and into that final helix, it happened. The wheels gave out and the whole six-car train derailed and collided with the large elevated queue line and The whole thing collapsed. 24 passengers were on board the train and 74 people waiting where the queue line collapsed. Truly a sad day in roller coaster history. The park was closed for the rest of the season.

Better than before.

Post April 7th, 2009, 10:10 pm

HEY GUYS.

I just updated the history to a more current year. Oh and btw, I have more history to show you if I can access the word documents on my new laptop.

Post April 7th, 2009, 10:46 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
No that would be like writing the Bible.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post April 8th, 2009, 5:25 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Post April 8th, 2009, 8:45 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Continues to cause.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post April 26th, 2009, 3:59 pm

hey guys, I pulled out another one that i did a while ago this one is about Paramounts Xtreme (Downloadable Park on NewElement)well here it is,

1950s

In 1950, a legend was born. An amusement park called ?????????The Old Dominion was opened on July 18th. The park consisted of a petting zoo, a sports field, a swimming pool, and several flat rides. In 1951 Super Coaster, the park?????????s first roller coaster was built. At the time it was the worlds tallest, fastest roller coaster when it was built. It had a 100-foot lift hill; a 92 foot first drop and it traveled 58 MPH. It was advertised that it was the world?????????s best ride! The park then became a park favorite. In 1956, the world?????????s first ?????????scrambler????????? spinning ride was built. It was known as the Whirler and now the park?????????s attendance rating soared into the heavens.

1960s

In 1960, a huge log flume was built. It was know as the Amazin????????? River and now the park has a water ride to cool down riders during the dog days of summer. As a result, the park attendance reached an all- time high. In 1961, a great tragedy will occur. In July 9th 1961 during a crowded day at the Old Dominion, a pyromaniac arsonist hopped the security fence and snuck behind the Super Coaster. He then pours
lighter fluid on the coaster and lights a match. Within seconds, the entire lift and first drop section of the coaster bursts into flames. People are shocked. They evacuated the roller coaster and the rest of the rides. The coaster burns for 10 minutes. Then the structural integrity of the pistons erecting the lift section fail, so then the whole lift and drop section tips over and collapses, killing 46 people. One of the most tragic events in amusement park history. The tragedy sparks the creation of 2 TV movies. Amusement Park. And The Great Tragedy. Then the Old Dominion was foreclosed the same day. Throughout the rest of the 60s the park lay dormant as people graffiti on the rides and weeds grow all over the place.

1970s

A miracle occurs in 1971. The son a business tycoon had started a fundraiser to revamp and rebuild The Old Dominion. The plan works and out of the ashes comes ?????????The New Dominon????????? For about 4 months he owns the park and then Paramount Parks buys the park.
And renames it Paramounts Extreme. They recruited John Allen to completely rebult the Super Coaster. And so, the Racer was born. A thrilling Racing out and back coaster with one train that goes forwards and one train that goes backwards. 2 Years pass after the park was born again and they needed to expand to the back. This huge expansion resulted in a new roller coaster, Runaway Train. This Arrow Dynamics coaster was the first steel roller coaster built at Paramounts Extreme. In 1975, They recruited Arrow again to build the Vortex, A corkscrew coaster. It was an instant hit with the thrill seekers and it quickly became the most popular ride and then adds to the ?????????extreme????????? image. In 1979, Parmount makes an odd choice and recruits Arrow AGAIN. This time to build a more thrilling version of Vortex, this new coaster had 2 loops as well as 2 corkscrews. The name was Demon. Vortex became completely obselete but still got lots of riders!

1980s

In 1980, plans were made to retheme Runaway Train. It was rethemed to an Old West theme and was renamed Thunder Run. Nothing much happened in the 1980s except in 1984. In 1984, Paramount went to Shwartzkopf to build The Bat, The bat was a huge coaster with 2 loops. The Coaster was very, very acclaimed by critics. Some critic magazines labeled it as ?????????the world?????????s best roller coaster????????? It was also very speedy. But some health coalitions have been working to condemn the coaster for the VERY HIGH Vertical G-Forces that can cause some people to lose oxygen in the brain, eventually leading to a stroke. but after a series of tests, the coaster was given the all clear. And people still think it's the best roller coaster in the world!

1990s

For almost 11 years, the park had received no upgrades. In 1995, Rumors leaked that Paramount Parks and B&M have been working together on a project. Then, Paramount parks announces that it will have a Top Gun theme. Soon enough, It was confirmed that it was going to be a small to medium sized B&M Invert. For its small size, It was extremely intense like Bat! and it was very thrilling too! A year later, It was announced that Paramount?????????s Xtreme will be scoring a used roller coaster from a funfair curcuit that filed under Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The result was Dedman?????????s Mine, a small Intamin family coaster that was known as just plain ?????????Roller Coaster????????? back when it was in the funfair curcuit! For the 1996 season, It was put indoors and to this day most people don't know it's a coaster because it is indoors. The ride has many laser lights and effects and ?????????Cotton Eye Joe????????? plays from speakers on the lap bar restraints! But even with those new coasters, Paramount?????????s Xtreme Kingdom was not done yet! The Twentieth Century was about to come to a close and Paramount Parks wants to build at least one more coaster before year 2000. They contact B&M about this and they agree too build another coaster! They want to build one of the brand spanking new floorless designs. The result was Entropy , a 7 inverting floorless roller coaster which opened in 1999. It may look big and mean, but it is actually very smooth and many kids like it. A coaster critic even labeled it ?????????The 67mph kiddy coaster????????? But many thrill seekers love how it gently but swiftly glides through the inversions!

2000?????????s

Many coaster fans are surprised on how many coasters appeared in the park in that short amount of time, but Paramount Park?????????s was about to endure on the most ambitious poject yet, a looping wooden roller coaster. They contacted CCI, GCI, Intamin, and even B&M to see if they are intrested but none of them wanted to do it! but then, another coaster company wanted to go through with it, RCCA. The result was the Grizzly, the first woodie to go past the 200ft, and 70mph marks. and the loop in the middle of the circuit was absolutely huge! the trains were built by Premiere Rides and the first on a woodie to have over-the-shoulder restraints. But, the ride was far from good. It was hevily bemoaned by critics for being too bumpy, and noisy. One magazine described the sound of the chain lift as if you put a running 85 decibel chainsaw through the blades of an industrial fan at high power. Also the bumpyness of the track was a big problem too. Another complaint was that on the OSTR?????????s, their was no padding whatsoever! and the temples of your head would whack the side of the OSTR. Long story short, the ride sucked. Also, more bad news, 2001 was the last year for Vortex, The park announced during the 2001 season that wrecking balls will tear through its steel and rip it to smithereens on its 26th birthday L. In 2002, Paramount Parks wanted to build a new coaster as a way of apologizing to the coaster fans about Grizzly. The result was To the MAX! an Intamin Suspended Impulse coaster! in 2002 it opened to the public! One of the major factors that made this ride so cool was the horror movie scream of the LIM?????????s as it went through its spires. In 2005, Ricochet, a plain wild mouse coaster was built to fill in the void of the Huss Condor that was torn down in 2004 and relocated to another park. In 2006 a brand new launched coaster built by Mack was built. It was known as the Italian Job Stunt Track! It was acclaimed for its high speeds and special effects.

Coming up, Paramount?????????s decicion that almost killed the park but then Cedar Fair gave it new life!

how do you like it? an yes, I have too much time on my hands and its ticking away with my sanity!

Post April 26th, 2009, 4:09 pm

Points on hand: 3,207.00 Points

^That woodie sounds horrific. It could barely even be considered a wooden coaster, lol. OSTRs? Why?

Post April 26th, 2009, 4:46 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

A scrambler was more of a hit than a 58 mph coaster in 1950? lol

Post April 26th, 2009, 5:09 pm

Originally posted by Austin

Dont the words "worlds first" get in your head

Post April 26th, 2009, 7:26 pm

Points on hand: 3,207.00 Points

That doesn't matter. It would be a cool prototype, but a brand new record breaking coaster? That's like saying you would rather go on the first Round-up than Phantom's Revenge.

Post April 26th, 2009, 7:40 pm

Originally posted by Supercell

That doesn't matter. It would be a cool prototype, but a brand new record breaking coaster? That's like saying you would rather go on the first Round-up than Phantom's Revenge.

But actually, they were equally as popular! in those days in rct2 world,if you didnt like roller coasters but you liked theme rides, then you have nowere else to go!

Post April 26th, 2009, 8:09 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
I did this for English class.

This park currently exists only in my mind and in paintings.

Haunted Territory

In 1842, pioneers traveling along the Wisconsin River discovered limestone along the river, and named the area the Wisconsin Dells. In an attempt to find and sell more limestone, they established a mining territory in the shadows of a mountain near the river, but little did they know what they would find.
Many people died while they were building the mine. When this happened, they would just leave the body to rot. They had no luck finding limestone from the beginning. All of the deaths and empty mines left the village a ghost town. About a decade later, four remaining villagers ventured into the mine, in hopes of finding precious minerals. As they slowly walked up the hill to the entrance to the mine, they heard the sound of a screeching mine cart coming down the mountain, but saw nothing. They decided to continue on. They slowly entered the dark, unstable mine, with only dimly lit torches. Again they heard screeching, this time in the dark, not realizing they were walking on railroad tracks. They kept walking. As they turned the corner, they held their torches up to the wall. The wall was lined with the decaying skeletons of miners who previously attempted to venture into the mine. Frightened, one of the miners ran out of the mine, only to be struck by lightning.
They went on through the dark mine, with only one torch left. All of a sudden, the flame went out. It was pitch black. Then, a light appeared in the distance. It started to get bigger and bigger. They heard the screeching sound again, and they started to feel a vibration in the tunnel. As the light got closer, they realized they were standing on railroad tracks. A mine cart was coming straight at them. At the last second, one of the miners noticed a hole in the rock wall next to them. He quickly told the others, and they jumped in the hole. When the mine cart passed them, the climbed out of the hole, only to find the tunnel was well lit. They realized there were only two of them. As they looked behind them, they saw the mine cart, with its light at full power (even though it hadn?????????t been used for 10 years), crashed into a dead miner.
Suddenly, the tunnel began to shake. Rocks started to fall from the ceiling, blocking of the path they came in. They were trapped, with an earthquake about to kill them. All of a sudden, rocks fell in front of them, strangely creating a stairway. They climbed up the stairway to a level above the tunnel, and seemed to be outside. There was grass around them, and a night sky above them. Then they noticed something very strange ????????? a solar and lunar eclipse in the sky ????????? at the same time ????????? a sign of the apocalypse. The staircase went on to extend into the sky. At the end of the staircase, a very bright, white light appeared. The miners were amazed. They found a stairway to Heaven at the center of the mountain. They started to climb up the staircase. They walked up slowly, slowly getting higher and higher. They started getting closer and closer to the light. As they got higher, one of them looked down, and noticed there was no ground, only darkness and stars. They were almost to the light, they kept going up. Finally, they were right in front of it. It appeared to be a bright star, which you could almost see through. One of them slowly reached out to touch it. As his hand got closer to it, it started to feel hot. When he touched it, it turned into a huge flame, and burnt his hand. They heard the devil?????????s laughter, and he fell into a flaming pit that opened up beneath him. The one remaining miner noticed a short path appear to the right of him, leading to a mine cart. He picked up a rock next to his foot, and tossed it onto the staircase below him. It crumbled on contact, as he jumped onto the path next to him. He hopped into the mine cart, with no clue on what was about to happen. It was his only hope.
The mine cart slowly started moving forward. It then quickly picked up speed and plunged into complete darkness. He was moving extremely fast, plunging strait toward the ground. The suspense was killing him. He kept falling and falling, wondering when he was going to crash and die. Finally, the cart landed on a strip of track, still quickly going down on a steep angle. Flames were everywhere, engulfing the track and everything surrounding it. Again he heard the devil?????????s laughter. The cart was speeding through hell faster than he had ever imagined. There was no way he could possibly escape this. Just when all hope was gone, the track quickly leveled off, quickly turned, and started to go back up. The cart crashed through the ground and landed on a hill on the other side of the mining village. As he looked back at the mountain, for only a about a minute, he saw a skull appear at the peak, and the track he traveled down coming out just below the skull, and dropping straight into the ground, where fire appeared.
He abandoned the territory and walked to the nearest town, where he told everyone his story. No one believed him, everyone he told laughed at him. As a joke, they named the land ?????????Haunted Territory?????????.
American Eagle Lover

Post April 27th, 2009, 10:09 pm

hey guys, I pulled out another one that i did a while ago this one is about Paramounts Xtreme (Downloadable Park on NewElement)well here it is,

1950s

In 1950, a legend was born. An amusement park called ?????????The Old Dominion was opened on July 18th. The park consisted of a petting zoo, a sports field, a swimming pool, and several flat rides. In 1951 Super Coaster, the park?????????s first roller coaster was built. At the time it was the worlds tallest, fastest roller coaster when it was built. It had a 100-foot lift hill; a 92 foot first drop and it traveled 58 MPH. It was advertised that it was the world?????????s best ride! The park then became a park favorite. In 1956, the world?????????s first ?????????scrambler????????? spinning ride was built. It was known as the Whirler and now the park?????????s attendance rating soared into the heavens.

1960s

In 1960, a huge log flume was built. It was know as the Amazin????????? River and now the park has a water ride to cool down riders during the dog days of summer. As a result, the park attendance reached an all- time high. In 1961, a great tragedy will occur. In July 9th 1961 during a crowded day at the Old Dominion, a pyromaniac arsonist hopped the security fence and snuck behind the Super Coaster. He then pours
lighter fluid on the coaster and lights a match. Within seconds, the entire lift and first drop section of the coaster bursts into flames. People are shocked. They evacuated the roller coaster and the rest of the rides. The coaster burns for 10 minutes. Then the structural integrity of the pistons erecting the lift section fail, so then the whole lift and drop section tips over and collapses, killing 46 people. One of the most tragic events in amusement park history. The tragedy sparks the creation of 2 TV movies. Amusement Park. And The Great Tragedy. Then the Old Dominion was foreclosed the same day. Throughout the rest of the 60s the park lay dormant as people graffiti on the rides and weeds grow all over the place.

1970s

A miracle occurs in 1971. The son a business tycoon had started a fundraiser to revamp and rebuild The Old Dominion. The plan works and out of the ashes comes ?????????The New Dominon????????? For about 4 months he owns the park and then Paramount Parks buys the park.
And renames it Paramounts Extreme. They recruited John Allen to completely rebult the Super Coaster. And so, the Racer was born. A thrilling Racing out and back coaster with one train that goes forwards and one train that goes backwards. 2 Years pass after the park was born again and they needed to expand to the back. This huge expansion resulted in a new roller coaster, Runaway Train. This Arrow Dynamics coaster was the first steel roller coaster built at Paramounts Extreme. In 1975, They recruited Arrow again to build the Vortex, A corkscrew coaster. It was an instant hit with the thrill seekers and it quickly became the most popular ride and then adds to the ?????????extreme????????? image. In 1979, Parmount makes an odd choice and recruits Arrow AGAIN. This time to build a more thrilling version of Vortex, this new coaster had 2 loops as well as 2 corkscrews. The name was Demon. Vortex became completely obselete but still got lots of riders!

1980s

In 1980, plans were made to retheme Runaway Train. It was rethemed to an Old West theme and was renamed Thunder Run. Nothing much happened in the 1980s except in 1984. In 1984, Paramount went to Shwartzkopf to build The Bat, The bat was a huge coaster with 2 loops. The Coaster was very, very acclaimed by critics. Some critic magazines labeled it as ?????????the world?????????s best roller coaster????????? It was also very speedy. But some health coalitions have been working to condemn the coaster for the VERY HIGH Vertical G-Forces that can cause some people to lose oxygen in the brain, eventually leading to a stroke. but after a series of tests, the coaster was given the all clear. And people still think it's the best roller coaster in the world!

1990s

For almost 11 years, the park had received no upgrades. In 1995, Rumors leaked that Paramount Parks and B&M have been working together on a project. Then, Paramount parks announces that it will have a Top Gun theme. Soon enough, It was confirmed that it was going to be a small to medium sized B&M Invert. For its small size, It was extremely intense like Bat! and it was very thrilling too! A year later, It was announced that Paramount?????????s Xtreme will be scoring a used roller coaster from a funfair curcuit that filed under Chapter 11 bankruptcy. The result was Dedman?????????s Mine, a small Intamin family coaster that was known as just plain ?????????Roller Coaster????????? back when it was in the funfair curcuit! For the 1996 season, It was put indoors and to this day most people don't know it's a coaster because it is indoors. The ride has many laser lights and effects and ?????????Cotton Eye Joe????????? plays from speakers on the lap bar restraints! But even with those new coasters, Paramount?????????s Xtreme Kingdom was not done yet! The Twentieth Century was about to come to a close and Paramount Parks wants to build at least one more coaster before year 2000. They contact B&M about this and they agree too build another coaster! They want to build one of the brand spanking new floorless designs. The result was Entropy , a 7 inverting floorless roller coaster which opened in 1999. It may look big and mean, but it is actually very smooth and many kids like it. A coaster critic even labeled it ?????????The 67mph kiddy coaster????????? But many thrill seekers love how it gently but swiftly glides through the inversions!

2000?????????s

Many coaster fans are surprised on how many coasters appeared in the park in that short amount of time, but Paramount Park?????????s was about to endure on the most ambitious poject yet, a looping wooden roller coaster. They contacted CCI, GCI, Intamin, and even B&M to see if they are intrested but none of them wanted to do it! but then, another coaster company wanted to go through with it, RCCA. The result was the Grizzly, the first woodie to go past the 200ft, and 70mph marks. and the loop in the middle of the circuit was absolutely huge! the trains were built by Premiere Rides and the first on a woodie to have over-the-shoulder restraints. But, the ride was far from good. It was hevily bemoaned by critics for being too bumpy, and noisy. One magazine described the sound of the chain lift as if you put a running 85 decibel chainsaw through the blades of an industrial fan at high power. Also the bumpyness of the track was a big problem too. Another complaint was that on the OSTR?????????s, their was no padding whatsoever! and the temples of your head would whack the side of the OSTR. Long story short, the ride sucked. Also, more bad news, 2001 was the last year for Vortex, The park announced during the 2001 season that wrecking balls will tear through its steel and rip it to smithereens on its 26th birthday L. In 2002, Paramount Parks wanted to build a new coaster as a way of apologizing to the coaster fans about Grizzly. The result was To the MAX! an Intamin Suspended Impulse coaster! in 2002 it opened to the public! One of the major factors that made this ride so cool was the horror movie scream of the LIM?????????s as it went through its spires. In 2005, Ricochet, a plain wild mouse coaster was built to fill in the void of the Huss Condor that was torn down in 2004 and relocated to another park. In 2006 a brand new launched coaster built by Mack was built. It was known as the Italian Job Stunt Track! It was acclaimed for its high speeds and special effects. By the end of 2006, the park was losing money fast. Paramount Parks were beginning to have trouble maintaining the financail aspects of PX. Even worse, rumors have been flying around about a new housing comittiee was planning to buy the park land and convert it into condominiums! and then on the beginning of 2007, Paramount Parks announced that it will be selling Paramount's Xtreme and the rest of their parks. Coaster enthusiasts just said "the park was doomed". But that wasn't so! Cedar Fair bought the park and gave it new life, Paramount's Xtreme was saved! The park was subsequently renamed Knott's Xtreme Kingdom. And the park went under DRASTIC remodeling. First of all, Top Gun was renamed "Air Superiority", Racer now only operates 2 trains instead of 4 and they both face forward now. the Tomb Raider (Huss Topspin) was renamed "the Sphinx" and Deadman's Mine had all of its visual and muisic effects removed and now operates completly in the dark. And so it was renamed "DARKNESS.............." and one of the big changes was that Grizzly went under extremly drastic and much-needed remodeling. First of all, It was completly retracked to eredicate the bumpyness. and the loop was removed due to an accident back in 2002 when riders were stuck upsidown for 1-hour! and also, they scored the B&M trains from the now-destroyed Psyclone at Six Flags Magic Mountain! People were astonished on how much better it felt!

Up next, YoU WiLl NeVeR RiDe EnTrOpy ThE SaMe WaY AgAiN!

how do you like it? an yes, I have too much time on my hands and its ticking away with my sanity!

Hey Guys! I updated it!

Post April 27th, 2009, 11:23 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Post April 27th, 2009, 11:49 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points

Post April 28th, 2009, 12:36 am

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

I see the homework but just doing it for fun? Im sorry i just don't have the time or the patience.

Post April 28th, 2009, 7:32 pm

Points on hand: 685.00 Points
I usually write things like this when I have nothing to do in my retarded science class (no offense to the people who like science)I actually do kind of like science and am passing wqith flying colors but the teacher is Coocoo for coco puffs and anything else he can eat he is the worst teacher and ill only write things for new coasters like the one I'm making now...check it out in the hard hat area its the s&s compact one.
i put the laughter in manslaughter!

Return to Off Topic Discussion