Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Pyros - Hyper Twister

Pyros - Hyper Twister

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post October 13th, 2011, 10:59 pm

Points on hand: 602.00 Points
Well I've been working on this ride for a while now. The trackwork is complete and the supports a re finished as well but might need some tweaking as I'm currently in the terraforming process. Right now the project is on hold until after the "Party like it's 1989" contest, and when I get some 3D's help.

Here are some basic pics of the layout

Post October 13th, 2011, 11:09 pm

Points on hand: 143.00 Points
Bank: 3,000.00 Points
The overall layout seems to be nice, albeit a little drawn-out. I have two small things that seem wrong, first is the pre-drop seems to be modeled of of Apollo's Chariot, which is different front the standard ones due to the natural topography surrounding the ride. The other is that the lift supports are put in a newer style when the rest of the ride is in an older style. On a final note it would be nice to see more pics to get a general feel for the shaping of the elements.
RIP
Log Jammer, SFMM
1971-2011
Originally posted by richie5126
T: all newtons on this site are smooth so this must be high.

Post October 13th, 2011, 11:22 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
That first picture looks very good! But the lead in to the hill looks off. I'm no where good enough to criticize your supports, but if I had to, I would say make the lift supports a bit bigger. Also, the hammerhead looking thing almost looks like it goes flat. In any case, it looks like your modeling this off of Giovanola. It is very hard to tell, maybe put in the description what manufacturer it is based off of.

Post October 14th, 2011, 10:39 am

Points on hand: 602.00 Points
@ RideWarriorNation - which lead in are you referring to? The ride was primarily inspired by Raging Bull and the hammerheads are very similar to what B&M did for that ride.

Post October 14th, 2011, 10:59 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Nothing wrong with a predrop/drop modeled after Apollo's Chariot...even without extreme ejector air or giga coaster height, it's still one of the best drops in the world because of the way it was done.

Return to Hard Hat Area