Board index Roller Coaster Games Scream Machines QUESTION...

QUESTION...

Discuss anything related to Scream Machines!

Post March 13th, 2004, 3:37 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
i wanna create a new object out an 3DS, when i import it, it doesn't work... stays empty, can someone tell me how i must do it.
Or can someone create it for me...

Dirk

Post March 14th, 2004, 3:08 pm

Points on hand: 4,334.00 Points

Sorry for the lateness. Anyway I had the same problem usually it don't always import 3ds files (something to do with the mesh on their files) Instead I use the 3ds Max 5 program to import 3ds or make my own files from scratch. I know this is hard to explane but you need two files. The utility and the plugin files. Go to http://www.wounded-heart.com/downloads.asp
That's if you have 3ds Max. I know Barnes & Noble bookstores carry 3d mags and with all kinds of demos they have. Bottom line, I hope one day other programs will incorperate SM files as well and not just for NL.

Post March 14th, 2004, 7:01 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by coasterbum

Sorry for the lateness. Anyway I had the same problem usually it don't always import 3ds files (something to do with the mesh on their files) Instead I use the 3ds Max 5 program to import 3ds or make my own files from scratch. I know this is hard to explane but you need two files. The utility and the plugin files. Go to http://www.wounded-heart.com/downloads.asp
That's if you have 3ds Max. I know Barnes & Noble bookstores carry 3d mags and with all kinds of demos they have. Bottom line, I hope one day other programs will incorperate SM files as well and not just for NL.

Thanks for your answer but i don't use 3d max, i use anim8or...
so what now?

Post March 14th, 2004, 7:06 pm

Points on hand: 3,321.00 Points
Thanks for the tipp!

I bought SM and also want to add some 3ds, but I didn't know how it work. But now I know it.

Big THANKS!

Bino

Post March 15th, 2004, 2:27 am

Thanks your're welcome Bino:) Now for Dirk, I tried everything myself with the anim8or program and converting the files through the object editor, so far they all didn't work for me also as it worked for me with the 3ds Max. Probably the 3ds Max is the only program that works with SM. Can somebody correct me if im wrong?

All the best.[:(]

Post March 15th, 2004, 2:46 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

i guess my brother has somewhere a copy of 3d max, then i'll use it as a convert program...
well thanks all...

Post March 16th, 2004, 7:52 pm

Points on hand: 2,690.00 Points
Using anim8or, you might have better luck exporting the file to OBJ format. SM's OBJ importer works better than the standalone 3DS importer. If you have MAX, the plugin would be the best way to go.

Post March 17th, 2004, 4:52 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

if i did export the file to an obj, and now i do import it on the opbject editor, but i don't even can't save the file [:(]

Post March 17th, 2004, 1:32 pm

The same goes with me also but I think theres got to be something to make all this work. I guess I'll stick with my 3ds Max demo for now.

Return to Scream Machines