Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Dollywood or Canada's Wonderland?

Dollywood or Canada's Wonderland?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post November 20th, 2011, 1:49 am

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
So, I'm a really cheap guy and like to spend as little money as possible. That's why I need help deciding now!

My wife and I are celebrating our anniversary in July and cannot make a decision on the two. I vote both due to the new coasters coming to both parks. We've never been to either one and have never ridden a B&M.

SO: which park shows more promise with it's new coaster? Again, I ask now because I'm cheap and will likely book early next year.

Post November 20th, 2011, 1:32 pm

Points on hand: 90.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
Your wife will probably enjoy Dollywood (and maybe Wild Eagle) more. It's not as thrill-park-y and has other stuff to do and eat. She might enjoy that if she's not as crazy into coasters as you are.

Even if I was by myself though, I think I would still lean toward Dollywood. I like terrain coasters and good atmosphere. Busch Gardens is a good example. I haven't been to Dollywood, but I've done my research because I *may* be going next year.

Post November 20th, 2011, 4:40 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

WonderLand. Levithan. B&M. Giga. 306ft. 91 mph. Pure Awesome. Case Closed.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post November 20th, 2011, 5:55 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
I guess if you like more theme orientated parks,then Dollywood is your choice.It looks amazing.Tho Leviathan seems nice,if you search for thirll there are better parks to go to.If I were you,I would go to Dollywood.Just for Thunderhead.

Post November 20th, 2011, 5:55 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
I would say Dollywood. I was at Wonderland last summer, and wasn't impressed. Sure, Behemoth was absolutely wonderful, but everything else there was mediocre at best. Plus, the atmosphere was very noticeably formerly Paramount. It looked a lot like Kings Island, which I must say I don't really enjoy too much anymore. Dollywood, on the other hand, at least from what I've heard as I've not been there either, seems like they focus more on the atmosphere and enjoyment of the guests. Plus, I'm certainly looking more forward to Wild Eagle than I am to Leviathan.

Post November 21st, 2011, 2:49 am

Wild Eagle does seem like a really promising coaster. And I don't need a passport for Dollywood. Still need to do a bit more research on both, but Dollywood seems to have a bigger variety of things to do in and around the park.

Post November 21st, 2011, 9:24 am

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
I was just at Dollywood, it was awesome!
American Eagle Lover

Post November 21st, 2011, 6:05 pm

Points on hand: 1,051.00 Points
Dollywood hands down! I've been to both parks, and CW is just another Cedar Fair chain. It's alright, but Dollywood has a better atmosphere. Also, Leviathan can wait. I'm sure it will be fun, but Wild Eagle will definetely be a better experience. Besides, I would rather take a chick to the smokey mountain anyway, Just sayin'. [8D]

Post November 21st, 2011, 7:11 pm

I've looked into the accommodations for both parks and Dollywood has some GORGEOUS private cabins up in the mountains. I'm really leaning towards Dollywood right about now.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions