Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Backwards launch

Backwards launch

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post March 27th, 2009, 2:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,075.00 Points
i want to have a backwards launch for my new coaster...

i do not know if this has been done before on nl but if it can please help... i will give the helping user credit in the upload...

thanks in advance
rctwizzkid

Post March 27th, 2009, 2:58 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
I did it one time. Coaster is not on this site though. Just make the train roll out of the station backwards and it should work.

Post March 27th, 2009, 3:03 pm

its a shuttle coaster, it gets to the end of the track and it then needs launching backwards it the beggining LIMS

this is what i tried

Post March 27th, 2009, 3:03 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
I'd remember it's also possible with the power tweaker. You'd have to enter a negative speed. But I'd remember that the power tweaker came with a weird bug that after x amount of time something happened to the coaster. I don't really remember if it still happens and what actually would occur.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post March 27th, 2009, 3:06 pm

Points on hand: 59.00 Points
If you want a backwards launching complete circuit coaster, you're out of luck, but if you want to make a backwards launching shuttle coaster, its actually pretty easy. All you have to do is, right behind the station, make a section of lift as short as you can make it(you can use she split up tool a few times), set it to reverse lift segment and release at end, and behind that put a transport section as your launch, and it'll launch backwards!! The transport section also serves as brakes.

NOTE:
You dont have to make the lift section really short, but its advised if you want an LIM launch.

Post March 27th, 2009, 3:55 pm

nobody seams to understand...
it launches forwards out of the station gets to a stopping point, and it should launch backwards to get around the track back to the first launch lim.

Post March 27th, 2009, 4:02 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
I've been playing with power tweaker now atm. But I can't seem to get the negative speeds to work on a shuttle coaster.

So it looks like you'd just need gravity. Make a spike going up, eventually use a launch that launches twice. Forward and backwards. Or just disable slowing down and let it only launch up the spike.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post March 27th, 2009, 4:52 pm

Points on hand: 59.00 Points
If it starts out of the station fowards, then make sure to uncheck transport device in your station settings. It will automatically start backwards when a backwards lift is set. Use my instruncions from above. Also, look at this coaster if you need further explanation. http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_excha ... ?tid=15097

Post March 27th, 2009, 5:28 pm

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

^ It sounds like he wants it to start froward then get the spike and launch backwards.

Try this... Not sure if its going to work...

On the last spike place a "transfer" track then place "track" piece equal or greater than the train length (make sure the train could rest completely on the blue "track". In the transfer options set your options, then set "speed up passes" to 2.

Transfer Track
===========I==================

Not sure if its gonna work...
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Post March 27th, 2009, 6:13 pm

Points on hand: 424.00 Points

Return to No Limits Coaster