Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports 5/9/09 SF Great America

5/9/09 SF Great America

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post May 10th, 2009, 8:25 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

I went to Six Flags Great America yesterday, may 9th. We left our school on the buses at about 5:30 am. We got to the school to perform in the band festival at about 11:00, and we got done at about roughly 1:30, so we re-loaded the buses back up and took about a 5:00 trip to Great America. We got there about 1:50, and suddenly the security decided that they had to come and recite the park regulations to us, so we got in the park about 2:10, and we went straight to S:UF, and beings it was my first flying coaster, I had a real thrill and really enjoyed the G's it pulled on the pretzel loop. We were going to try out TDK, but we went into the queue and decided that it was too long for what i've heard to be such a waste of time, so we went to Batman, which is at a lot of the parks, so that wasn't something new. We walked around a little bit more and found Iron Wolf and rode in the front seat to avoid massive head banging.I tried to get a pic of it when I was walking out, but my camera decided not to work at the moment, and my group wasn't waiting for me. after a $17 meal at Johnny Rockets, we waited for AE until it broke down, so we discovered the entrance to Raging Bull, which i rode in the front, then in the back, and it was my favorite ride of the day, and I would of liked it better, if it weren't for the cold weather. Demon was next, and it was alright until the double corkscrew, which had bumps in it that even I could see! So that really hurt my neck. We rode viper and then Superman a couple more times because the line was no more, then we had to leave. Now for some pics I took while walking by because my group wasn't going to wait for me to do that, so I didn't have any time to wait for the trains, and I didn't get very many.[:(]

American Eagle from the bus
Superman from the parking lot
Raging Bull
Apparantly the new Buccaneer Battle
Viper, those low banked turns really threw me around a bit.
Superman from the gate, goodbye!
WOOT! we won 1st place in Jazz and Concert Band!!!![:D][8D]
Last edited by coasterpimp on May 15th, 2009, 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post May 10th, 2009, 8:41 pm

Points on hand: 58.00 Points

You should correct that it's Demon that has the painfull corkscrew and not Viper. Demon is running much smoother IMO than it has in the last few years.

Post May 10th, 2009, 8:48 pm

Post May 10th, 2009, 8:57 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Raging Bull looks gooooooood repainted.

Demon is <3

And Viper backseat is a fantastic ride.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 10th, 2009, 10:09 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Raging Bull is just awesome. Since I live like five minutes from Great America, I ride it at least four times every weekend.
American Eagle Lover

Post May 16th, 2009, 12:08 am

Points on hand: 3,207.00 Points

Post May 17th, 2009, 11:17 pm

Originally posted by Jonny Richey

Raging Bull is just awesome. Since I live like five minutes from Great America, I ride it at least four times every weekend.
Lucky. That's the closest mega to me, and i'm all the way in St. Louis![V]

Post May 18th, 2009, 3:46 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I'm within 5 hours of Superman SFNE, El Toro, Nitro, Superman SFA, and Apollo's Chariot, and just to add to the count of these type rides, Steel Force. I win :)

But yeah...Iron Wolf in the back is sooo much fun! You're missing out! I personally loved it...oh well. lol :)

Post May 18th, 2009, 7:22 pm

yeah, people kept saying that this ride was rough (suprising for a B&M), and the ride op told me to ride in the front if i wanted to live, so we just walked on to the front. it was pretty smooth actually, i was worrying about the stuff in my pockets [lol]

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports