Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Timelapse video of mine

Timelapse video of mine

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post September 1st, 2012, 5:14 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

I know this is wildly off topic for a coaster site, but hey, that's why we've got an "Off Topic" section!

This is probably not going to be all that interesting to most, but some might find some enjoyment in it, maybe if you like timelapses. This is pretty much my first ever attempt at a proper video, so don't expect too much!

Over the course of a season, my local Football club knocked down one end of the stadium and rebuilt a new stand in its place - this is my record of that event!

Post September 1st, 2012, 6:31 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post September 1st, 2012, 6:42 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Cheers, it is quite an impressive thing in person, especially for a team like ours - we're not exactly the biggest. The stand you can see to the right during the timelapse is set to meet the same fate soon, and then the stand to the right of that one (i.e. the opposite end of the pitch to this stand) will be pretty much a mirror image of this stand. Will be very good for the city when it's all done!

Post September 1st, 2012, 7:44 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points

Post September 1st, 2012, 7:59 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

It's Arrival to Earth by Steve Jablonksy, from Transformers.

It's specifically not mentioned anywhere on the description or anything so that the YouTube bots wouldn't find it as quickly, in an attempt to avoid it being removed on copyright grounds. But 6 minutes after I uploaded it, I got a message asking me to acknowledge that the audio used was "Arrival to Earth, Steve Jablonsky - owned by WMG", so that didn't really work [lol]. I'm assuming YouTube has something inbuilt that is similar to Shazam or TrackID and just matched the audio. I'm hoping it doesn't get removed already, I was hoping for it to be up at least for a little while before it was removed.

Post September 3rd, 2012, 12:44 am

Points on hand: 1,561.00 Points
I'm now collecting GateKeeper Webcam pics maybe it can used for Making time Lapse

Post September 3rd, 2012, 5:09 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Well, for my timelapse, I was collecting about 10 pictures a day on average. However, rollercoaster construction is a lot more rapid than the construction I recorded, so you might want to think about collecting more than that if your plan is to do a timelapse.

Post September 3rd, 2012, 4:23 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Very cool. Before your previous post, I was going to ask whether the rest of the stands were going to end up looking similar. I guess you answered that [:P]

And yes, Youtube has audio recognition, whether or not you mention it via text. in fact, you might be more likely to have it stay live if you had actually given credit to Jablonsky [lol]

Post September 3rd, 2012, 6:15 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Seems like it might be safe... all that's happened is a link has been added under the video, to the song on itunes... I can live with this.

Post September 3rd, 2012, 9:50 pm

Points on hand: 90.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
^I have a few videos that have music identified but none have been removed yet. Sometimes your video will be "blocked in specific countries" but it probably won't happen to yours. I wouldn't worry much.

Post September 4th, 2012, 6:36 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Neat timelapse video you put together. Thank you for not using bad music.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Return to Off Topic Discussion