Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Top Thrill Dragster vs. Kingda Ka

Top Thrill Dragster vs. Kingda Ka

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post April 29th, 2009, 6:45 pm

Points on hand: 1,687.00 Points
As long as they provide the same insane thrill doesnt matter!
I'm Better Looking Than You.

Post May 10th, 2009, 1:14 pm

Points on hand: 1,728.00 Points
Originally posted by cooliocody12

As long as they provide the same insane thrill doesnt matter!

Amen! And I would probably say TTD even though SFGAdv is my home park, but you can't beat the fact that you can see all of Philadelphia from the top of KK on a clear day. (Gotta look quick! [;)]) It's a close call for me, other than the lap bars are wayyyy better than OTR, it would be ridiculous to assert there's like a stratospheric difference between the two. (get it? stratospheric? Strata coasters? Yeah....)

...Not to mention KK managed to hold onto the records a little longer than TTD!

But I guess I'd still go with TTD. I'm going to be murdered for treason.
Because for the occasion that you are pretty.

Post May 10th, 2009, 1:16 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
TTD is not in New Jersey and thus is better. End of discussion.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post May 10th, 2009, 1:26 pm

Points on hand: 1,728.00 Points
You know what, Coasterkid? I have to hand it to you. You are so right. Even being from Jersey myself... you're just so right.
Because for the occasion that you are pretty.

Post May 10th, 2009, 5:57 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Been on both...

TTD hands down.

KK rattled and shook like me around like a paint shaker and I sat in the second car! The launch was (at the time) taken in multiple stages, but I hear thats been fixed. Air over the top hat was hyped up and not anything more intense than some of my rides on TTD. Only difference being it always does that. The second air hill was lame producing air but in such a drawn out way didnt really feel it and at the apex of the hill the trims destroy the air. Oh, and OTSR's, even though they are some of the best, still DONT compare to a lap bar.

With dragster it feels as fast, feels as tall, CAN produce the same G-Forces and you get lap bars. I was disappointed in KK. Fun ride, but nothing like Dragster.

Post May 27th, 2009, 6:08 pm

Points on hand: 1,297.00 Points
I haven't been on either of them, but I know that lap bars rule, so ttd

Post May 29th, 2009, 5:48 pm

Points on hand: 1,301.00 Points
My opinion is Kingda Ka. Its bigger and faster. Infact its the largest and fastest in the world. Go ahead you do the math.

Post May 29th, 2009, 5:55 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Wow. Ok you need to learn YOUR facts. Try riding both then tell me what you think.

Not us. Kingda ka 418 on the drop (the only reason it is 3O ft taller is that its raised really high off the ground) , and only like 8 mph faster, and it hurts in certain parts of the train.

Top thrill is 400 ft on the drop, and has only a lap restraint and amazing theming.

Post May 29th, 2009, 7:22 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Originally posted by NsF xZTLx

My opinion is Kingda Ka. Its bigger and faster. Infact its the largest and fastest in the world. Go ahead you do the math.

OMFG!! Not that stupid statement again! I bet you haven't even been on either of them, and you say KK because it's 36 feet taller and 8 MPH faster? How about based on the feel, and just on the overall expirience? I'm not picking which is better, because it's a stupid argument that's going to go on until some other park builds a new version of it, then that one will get involved, or they demolish one or both of them!

Post May 29th, 2009, 8:15 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by coasterpimp

Originally posted by NsF xZTLx

OMFG!! Not that stupid statement again! I bet you haven't even been on either of them, and you say KK because it's 36 feet taller and 8 MPH faster? How about based on the feel, and just on the overall experience?

Maybe the 36 ft. and 8 m.p.h. extra are the overall experience and feel he enjoys.

I'm not picking which is better, because it's a stupid argument...

You sound stupid when you talk.

Post May 29th, 2009, 10:13 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Still, has he ridden them? Plus, can your really feel an 18ft difference in the hight on the hill (measuring from the launch section) and 8mph?

Post May 30th, 2009, 12:15 am
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
He has ridden at least TTD. He can thank me for that......but dont worry, he will soon be banned.

Also, now that I have ridden them both, I prefer TTD. Something about lapbars feels more open then OSTRs.

Post May 30th, 2009, 1:21 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I'm really surprised they decided on OSTR's for the same exact (in theory) coaster. I still to this day do not know the reasoning behind it.

And as for my contribution... Well, to be completely honest, I rode Dragster one time like five years ago. And it was so long ago, that I kind of cannot remember most of the experience (obviously I forgot it, Jake). But from the few moments I can remember, I really enjoyed it. Cresting the top in mental-slow-motion, seeing all of Cedar Point and beyond, was euphoric. I'll ride it June 16th and reconsider it all again.

I would assume TTD is better, because of the obviously stated and repeated reasonings given already.

Post May 30th, 2009, 7:51 am

Points on hand: 1,233.00 Points

Post May 30th, 2009, 12:38 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

I'm really surprised they decided on OSTR's for the same exact (in theory) coaster. I still to this day do not know the reasoning behind it.

1) NJ has very strict ride laws and 2) SROS threw someone the year before.

Post May 30th, 2009, 7:13 pm

Points on hand: 1,433.00 Points
Originally posted by Brandon4579

I want to know from you guys what you think is better TTD or KK, in my opinion it's ttd, I would tell you why but that would take forever so just post your thought.[;)][:D]

i think it would be ttd because well i live closer to cedar point and it is just about the same thing so why waste a ride to a farther place when you could go on the same thing closer.

Post May 31st, 2009, 12:35 pm

Points on hand: 75.00 Points
I have not ridden Kingda Ka yet but would loke to. However I have ridden TTD a good 10 or so times and from what you have been saying about KK im not sure i want to anymore for the fact that it is not a smooth ride.

Post May 31st, 2009, 12:49 pm

Points on hand: 1,104.00 Points

Post June 1st, 2009, 3:05 pm

Points on hand: 1,025.00 Points
kingda ka definatley because it is more developed and safer than ttd

Post June 1st, 2009, 6:28 pm

Points on hand: 1,291.00 Points
Personally I feel Kingda Ka is better because it is a little bit faster and taller but it also has to bunny hill after the tower to give you one final pop of air. Makes it better to me.

Post June 1st, 2009, 7:33 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Originally posted by Toxic

Lol.

Post June 1st, 2009, 8:00 pm

Points on hand: 1,004.00 Points

And can you prove this?

Answers not to say:

-It has an airtime hill,so it is more advanced.
-It goes faster.
-It's taller
-It's newer
-It has OTSR's

In all reality, they are both about as safe as each other. Kingda Ka could even be MORE dangerous with the roughness of the launch.
Just keep scrolling...

Post June 1st, 2009, 8:11 pm

Points on hand: 1,771.00 Points

I have been on both multiple times, and I enjoy Kinda Ka more. However, this is greatly influenced by my experiences with both rides. With all my rides on TTD, I have had to wait in line for at least an hour. On KK, however, I was able to get into the park early, ride the ride 13 consecutive times in the front row, and then go hit Nitro before the park opened. It was sick.

I admit, the first time I rode TTD in the dark, it was magic, but overall I think I like KK better.

Post June 1st, 2009, 8:29 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Originally posted by Topthrill123

Originally posted by Brandon4579

I want to know from you guys what you think is better TTD or KK, in my opinion it's ttd, I would tell you why but that would take forever so just post your thought.[;)][:D]

i think it would be ttd because well i live closer to cedar point and it is just about the same thing so why waste a ride to a farther place when you could go on the same thing closer.

Thats was a stupid anwser. Just because you live closer?

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KK, if anything, is more dangerious than ttd. TTD is smoother being the main reason. It may not seem like much but when your going 120+ how smooth a ride is makes ALOT of difference.

Post June 1st, 2009, 10:28 pm

Points on hand: 1,296.00 Points
That...is a tough one for me...TTD wins my vote though *yays*

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions