Board index Public Relations Site Related Coaster Crazy Game For The iPhone and iPad Is Here

Coaster Crazy Game For The iPhone and iPad Is Here

Posts that are directly related to the site.

Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,893.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Fellow CoasterCrazians!

A great new game from Frontier Developments has just been introduced for FREE for the iPhone and iPad. Frontier Developments and CoasterCrazy.com has a working relationship and would like to introduce you to this great game.

You can download it right now, of course, if it's November 15th in country. The main release rolls around the world with "the start of the new day of 15th Dec, so its already out in New Zealand, Australia, Japan, China, EU etc." I think they meant 15th of November so go ahead to the iTunes store and download the Coaster Crazy app right now. Here's a link to go right to it:

http://coastercrazy.com/coastercrazygame/download.asp

If you enjoyed Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 then you're going to like Coaster Crazy even more. I've downloaded it to my iPad Mini and have been going at it for a couple of hours. I will be providing you with a detailed review as soon as possible. For now, here's a quick preview of the Coaster Crazy game.

When you open the app, you are presented with the following screen:

Like most games, it gives you a mini tutorial so you know what to do and know how the game works. At first glance I thought this would be a game that would lack many features since its free but I was quite surprised to see that it comes jam packed with features that most other games make you pay to gain access to. On the screenshot above, you can see that it's a globe as well as the moon. You can build on either of those but only after having gone through the walk through tutorial. Once you are done with it, you can buy plots of lands with the currency you earn in the game.

The following screenshots is what you see after having clicked a country to build in:

Initially you have one area to build in. You build and there are specs you have to meet. There's a scale called called the EFN and it stands for:

• Excitement

• Fear

• Nausea

Check out this video how to manage these specs so you get the best possible result:

After you've met their specs, you can do what you want with the ride. You can add more track pieces. It's all drag and drop so it is really easy to build in. You don't have to be a math whiz like with NoLimits Coaster to build something good. The object of the game is to have fun and not have your brain fall out from crazy calculations to get stuff perfectly built. Here's a video showing you the construction of a roller coaster. You will agree that it's very easy and the end result is fun:

For now that is all I will say. I will take some screenshots and do a more detailed review as soon as possible. Go ahead and download it now. It's free at the App store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/coaster ... 51269?mt=8

For disclosure purposes, CoasterCrazy.com and Frontier Developments have reached an agreement for us to promote the game to our members. We've not been compensated to provide reviews that are in favor of the game, instead, we're being compensated to provide an honest review of the game to our users.

With that said, enjoy the Coaster Crazy game!
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post November 15th, 2012, 8:48 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
looks pretty cool, almost like a improved version of thrill rides

Post November 15th, 2012, 9:36 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
One problem: Apple...

I'll be waiting until they release it for Android and such...
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post November 15th, 2012, 9:55 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Word is they want to get it out to iOS first, see reaction while they port it over to Android and PC. According to the public chatter on their forums.
Paradox wrote:

Post November 15th, 2012, 10:16 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,275.00 Points

I think it's pretty cool.

But as Dirk said, Apple... Given, I would want it on a BlackBerry (PlayBook, as the phones would never be able to handle this now).

It's only roller coasters correct?

Post November 15th, 2012, 11:06 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Yes, it is only roller coasters. You can add scenery to the coasters, of course, scenery that comes with the game. You can't import your own at this time. Nor am I aware of allowing the import of externally created scenery.
Paradox wrote:

Post November 16th, 2012, 1:03 am
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,275.00 Points

Post November 16th, 2012, 3:51 am

Points on hand: 94.00 Points

Post November 16th, 2012, 9:02 am

Points on hand: 15,401.90 Points
I do hope it's better than that piece of feces Thrillville (I had the DS version. It sucked). Couldn't even view onride POV's. Everything looked too much Bratz-like and cartoony for my taste, and the focus seemed to be more on plot and mini-games than on theme park management. The coaster builder was limited enough to make RCT look as free as No Limits as well as just being an excuse to shoehorn another use for the stylus.
This game, to me, looks uncomfortably cartoony, as in reminding me of that awful DS game. I know intellectually that gameplay is more important. I wonder if it's possible for a bad game to give someone PTSD.
The name of the game is Coaster Crazy, huh? Where have I heard that name before? Sounds vaguely familiar.

Post November 16th, 2012, 8:13 pm
man

Points on hand: 111.00 Points
Very cool deal you worked out to get a sneak peak at the game for reviews. Nice job Oscar!

Looking at the first vid explaining the goal of the coaster I can see that you can really build a nice track as well as a unique one. If I had an apple device I would be all over trying this game out.
Go chuff yourself and have a nice day! :D

Post November 16th, 2012, 10:03 pm

Points on hand: 120.00 Points
Looks cool! Downloading now to my ipad to try it out!

Post November 16th, 2012, 11:44 pm

Points on hand: 1,157.00 Points
this needs to eventually play on pc, i don't own anything but a cell phone

Post November 17th, 2012, 2:00 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Fun way to pass the time. Great that it's free, but its definitely no thrilleville or RCT 3 on the pc

Post November 17th, 2012, 8:18 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,111.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Actually looks quite interesting and cool - except i don't own and don't intend to own an iPhone / iPad :(
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post November 17th, 2012, 1:22 pm

Like this game so far. It's fun and challenging at times. The only gripe I have with it is how long it takes to "obtain land rights". I've probably have been waiting over an hour for North America and its not even 1/4 of the way done.

Post November 17th, 2012, 2:08 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Originally posted by jdclga

Like this game so far. It's fun and challenging at times. The only gripe I have with it is how long it takes to "obtain land rights". I've probably have been waiting over an hour for North America and its not even 1/4 of the way done.

If you click on the timer, it tells you how much longer to get the land rights. You could use your diamonds to bypass the time [:)] If memory serves me right, its 12 hours to get land rights to North America? You could use your diamonds or work on something else meanwhile there. idk?
Paradox wrote:

Post November 17th, 2012, 2:38 pm

Originally posted by Oscar

Originally posted by jdclga

If you click on the timer, it tells you how much longer to get the land rights. You could use your diamonds to bypass the time [:)] If memory serves me right, its 12 hours to get land rights to North America? You could use your diamonds or work on something else meanwhile there. idk?

Ah, thanks for filling me in!

Post November 17th, 2012, 7:28 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Post November 19th, 2012, 2:34 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

I just realized that you can change car and track styles. Some are locked but you can unlock them with the given diamonds you already have.

This first screenshot sows some of the tracks available:

This next pic shows you some of the cars available:

I've checked the reviews and see people saying the game doesn't work but I haven't had any problems. Download it from here: http://coastercrazy.com/coastercrazygame/download.asp
Paradox wrote:

Post November 19th, 2012, 5:40 pm

Points on hand: 90.00 Points
Bank: 2,503.00 Points
I'm waiting for it to be on PC since I don't have an iPad. If it wasn't free, I definitely wouldn't care. Buttt... it's free so why not.

Post November 19th, 2012, 8:12 pm

Points on hand: 1,101.00 Points
I could download this.. But I need iOS 5.0.0 or later [lol]
Plot Twist: I'm still alive

Post November 19th, 2012, 9:00 pm

Points on hand: 235.00 Points
Originally posted by KrazyKoasterKid

I could download this.. But I need iOS 5.0.0 or later [lol]

I think I have 5.something on my jailbroken iPhone, it's iOS 6 that you don't want [lol]
You expecting something not being here?

Post December 1st, 2012, 1:31 am

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

I think that if they were to make a Roller coaster tycoon 4 they really nailed on how to build the coasters.. it's definitely more intricate than most roller coaster design games you can buy.. but I don't really love the app, cool its free.

Post December 3rd, 2012, 10:44 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Howdy! I just finished the full review and you can see it here: http://www.coastercrazy.com/coastercrazygame/
Paradox wrote:

Post December 4th, 2012, 1:44 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
You've got the little piece above conclusion twice [;)]

Sounds like a cool game. The only bad thing is: It's not there (yet) for Android!
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Next

Return to Site Related