Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Selective Service System

Selective Service System

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 19th, 2009, 5:18 pm

Points on hand: 1,397.00 Points
Originally posted by coasterpimp

Jeez, did you get hit in the head and come to your senses?

Anyway, you're just too chicken s*it to go out and fight for your country, and you would rather stay home playing Xbox and not give one for the troops fighting for your freedom, and you're going to complain that you don't have all of the rights that others do, because you're too lazy to do what you need to do to earn those rights. Freedom does come with a price, it's not a free couch on the curb.

Who said i wouldn't fight for my country?
I am Michael Jackson favorite child to play with!!!

Post June 19th, 2009, 5:39 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Anyway, you're just too chicken s*it to go out and fight for your country, and you would rather stay home playing Xbox and not give one for the troops fighting for your freedom oil , and you're going to complain that you don't have all of the rights that others do, because you're too lazy to do what you need to do to earn those rights. Freedom does come with a price, it's not a free couch on the curb.

Seriously man, you need to broaden your view. Not wanting to fight doesn't equal being a chicken and earning freedom can be done by more ways than fighting.

Post June 19th, 2009, 5:45 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Originally posted by TheVillageIdot

Anyway, you're just too chicken s*it to go out and fight for your country, and you would rather stay home playing Xbox and not give one for the troops fighting for your freedom, and you're going to complain that you don't have all of the rights that others do, because you're too lazy to do what you need to do to earn those rights. Freedom does come with a price, it's not a free couch on the curb.

Who said i wouldn't fight for my country?

I was refering to the JMS dude except for the first sentance.

And Hyyyper, I know, I'm just kinda pissed off at this guy for a couple reasons, and I wasn't exactly reffering to Iraq.

Post June 20th, 2009, 4:12 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
^It's not just Iraq, it's almost as if that everywhere to USA goes with it's troops the situation gets worse. And why haven't you guys still attacked Iran and North Korea? They have billbords claiming to have nuclear things, while all it took to invade Iraq was two pictures of a truck.

Post June 20th, 2009, 9:30 am

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Good question, hyyyper. My prediction? Be prepared for the next event (think Cuban Missile Crisis) with North Korea any time now. I cannot imagine how the US troops at Kunsan and Osan Air Bases are feeling right about now. I've been there, and even in "peacetime" there is a very real and measurable tension ....

Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post June 20th, 2009, 11:19 am

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
you know this topic's really made me think, many millions of people have died to make this world what it is today, and a great person once said
"the object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other ba***ard die for his" and it made me think that even if that is the aim, i owe a hell of alot to the people that did, in fact die for our freedom, i would gladly be drafted, obviously, my preferance is not to die, but to help us to win whatever war we are in to uphold the standards we have, or even make them better.if i do happen to die, as long as i have helped in the effort then i've done something to help generations down the line. I'm only fifteen and i think that even though i still have alot to do with my life, i could help other people's lives by fighting for what we have, even if i don't fight, i want to be able to create the hopefully non-lethal weapon that will turn the tables.
anyone agree with the sentiment?
Cradled by two loving arms that I'd die for,
One little kiss and Felina goodbye.

Post June 20th, 2009, 4:01 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

"the object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other ba***ard die for his"

Spoken by General George S. Patton

Well said.
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post June 21st, 2009, 1:28 am

Points on hand: 1,277.00 Points
Originally posted by Real

Youre free to your opinion, that was given to you. Its not a right YOU earned, it was given to you. Respect that. If you want your opinion respected you need to respect some of the truths that exist out there. Such as, just because youre an American, you DONT have that thing called entitelement. You arent entitled to anything you want. You are still a human. This country, in all the great things about it, they were earned for you. You didnt earn them. Respect what others do for you.

I am not a fan of being drafted. But if the time came, I would do what was nessicary. If I really felt like I needed to back out, I am the only male in my family and I have the option to play that card and get out. Yet, I think something inside of me would opt to give it a go. And heck, if you dont want to die on the front lines, when you get drafted, MAKE SOMETHING OF YOURSELF! Go after something specialized where you wont be a grunt.

But you do have the option to not join selective service, but then you cant vote. Its a fair tradeoff. You have NO say in the elections and as a result, you dont have to be drafted. So dont cry EVER at anything going on if you didnt vote. No vote = no complaining. But youll have yourself the option to not be drafted.

I think first and foremost, respect those that died for your freedoms. Respect what they did, why they did it. Respect that fact that it was earned FOR you, not BY you. Nothing you did earned that freedom. Infact, nothing you or I have done has earned anything we have in the way of freedoms. Understand it, respect it. Then, I may respect your will not to fight for the country. The least you can do is respect those things.

Thank You Real for stating your opinion, and not ripping my head off. That is very respectable, and it means a lot. Thats all I've been asking for.

Originally posted by Coasterpimp

First of all, I don't have an xbox. Second of all, MY BROTHER/BEST FRIEND DIED FOR U, FOR ME, AND FOR EVERYONE. He's the only person who actually cared if I was dead or alive. The only one who cared when I got stabbed on the corner. (Yeah, thats right, i got stabbed, i almost bled out, r u happy?) He was the only one who cared when I didnt feel like living anymore. The only person who stood up for me. He put his a** on the line.

No one but TConwell (because he served already) probably knows what its like to lose a friend like that.

I only posted this because thats when I lost him, that night, I lost my best friend/brother. That night, I lost a piece of me.

Post June 21st, 2009, 1:37 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Well if by asking you mean taking a very aggressive stance...that doesnt work, as youve seen.

I dont agree with you. But if its how you feel, its how you feel. But, your language negated what others felt - which, if you want others to understand you, you first have to understand or accept their thoughts as theirs. Not your own, just theirs.

Post June 21st, 2009, 1:44 am

Points on hand: 1,277.00 Points
Originally posted by Real

Well if by asking you mean taking a very aggressive stance...that doesnt work, as youve seen.

I dont agree with you. But if its how you feel, its how you feel. But, your language negated what others felt - which, if you want others to understand you, you first have to understand or accept their thoughts as theirs. Not your own, just theirs.

Again, thank you for your cosideration. Thats all I want.

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion