Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Michael Jackson Has Died

Michael Jackson Has Died

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 27th, 2009, 3:23 pm

Points on hand: 1,849.00 Points
I read in the paper he did have something to do with a sleepover with kids... but his music was awsome before all that!

Post June 27th, 2009, 3:32 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Originally posted by danny16242

I read in the paper he did have something to do with a sleepover with kids... but his music was awsome before all that!

Once again a huge rumor. I really don't think ha did anything.

Post June 27th, 2009, 4:37 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Questions?
Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post June 27th, 2009, 5:07 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
Originally posted by TConwell

A bad day for GenX'ers:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31556916/ns ... ent-music/

Cool article. Explains things very well too for how many in our age group feels right now about this. I can't honestly say that FF or MJ were a big thing on my mind over the past several years, but both of them had their part in my younger years. Both of them bring back so many memories of things that I haven't thought about in a long time. I remember the lunchboxes and trading cards. Farrah was such a goddess to many a young school boy back in those days... Even me, and I'm gay. LOL I remember the Jackson 5 cartoon that used to air on saturday mornings. I remember how big Thriller was when it came out. My nephew was born around that time, and I remember how anytime you played "Wanna Be Startin Somethin", he would get up and do a little hopping type of dance with a big smile on his face. He couldn't even walk at the time, so it was more or less him standing in one spot and bending up and down at his knees.

So many negative things happened with Michael over the past several years. Not sure what is true, and what is not true. At this point, for me, it's not really important. He was a huge part of my life, even if I wasn't a big fan of his. Nobody from our age group should be able to deny that we lost something special the other day. It's sobering to see important people from our formative years fall off the map like this, and that's what i've been thinking about the past two days. Some of the younger ones on here may think all of this is corny, but they will deal with the same thing soon enough.

Anyway, sorry for being so long winded. Here's a song that I enjoyed as a youngster. Back in a time before there was so much weirdness and negativity. It's the way I prefer to remember Michael.

Post June 27th, 2009, 5:41 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

man.. you said it. i was in jr high when thriller came out. it was a huge deal. this news brought me way back..

Post June 27th, 2009, 5:51 pm

Points on hand: 1,277.00 Points
the only good thing that came out of this situation is that it drowned out all of that Jon and Kate b.s. that everyone would not just shut up about

Post June 27th, 2009, 6:20 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,873.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

It also drowned the cheating republican scandal. Republicans are lucky [lol]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post June 27th, 2009, 6:35 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

yeah, but that wasnt a real republican scandal..it was with a woman ..

Post June 27th, 2009, 6:44 pm

Word.

Post June 27th, 2009, 7:24 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Actually, the fact that is was a woman is a scandal. We're used for them getting busted with men [lol]
Paradox wrote:

Post June 27th, 2009, 11:46 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
So I was busy winning 200 dollars on penny slot machines this weekend and just noticed this. I think I'll change my avatar out of appropriateness.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 28th, 2009, 1:03 am

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

So I was busy winning 200 dollars on penny slot machines this weekend and just noticed this. I think I'll change my avatar out of appropriateness.

Two things are proven out of this:

1. He isnt actually michael jackson
2. maybe he isnt cruel to everyone... sometimes [lol]

Post June 28th, 2009, 1:10 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

1. Maybe Michael Jackson isn't dead...
2. He is...
Paradox wrote:

Post June 28th, 2009, 10:10 am

Points on hand: 1,258.00 Points
It's always a shame when children become celebrities. They never seem to be able to adapt to a normal adult life. MJ said in an interview that he only felt comfortable when he was onstage.

Post June 28th, 2009, 11:14 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by samneric
They never seem to be able to adapt to a normal adult life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Ostrum

Originally posted by Jms10391
1. He isnt actually michael jackson
2. maybe he isnt cruel to everyone... sometimes [lol]

Only to stupid people. If I've been mean to you, then you're very likely stupid.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 28th, 2009, 4:36 pm

Points on hand: 2,664.00 Points

Post June 30th, 2009, 11:29 pm

Points on hand: 1,323.00 Points

Post July 1st, 2009, 5:13 am

Points on hand: 1,287.00 Points

Post July 3rd, 2009, 7:19 pm

Points on hand: 1,764.00 Points
I don't wish to insult his memories, but I need to get this off my chest...

The media really needs to stop reporting this guy's funeral plans. We have a country who's economy is in turmoil, with the ENTIRE WORLD at stake, missiles being launched by North Korea, a dictator overthrown in Honduras, and what did we hear about that on primetime news? Nothing, just Micheal Jackson this, and Micheal Jackson that. This self-centered bull(censored) that America is reporting nowadays is beginning to sicken me, and I'm starting to feel that the only way to wake these brainwashed fools up is to drop a WMD on Seattle, which if North Korea continues to work it's WMD programs, they WILL be capable of.

I don't care about this story anymore, yes it's sad he died, but it does not deserve a week's worth of headline news!!! GAH!!!!![:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

End rant. Now I feel better.[:)]

(This was directed at American mainstream media, not at any of the posters in this topic.)

Post July 3rd, 2009, 7:36 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Post July 3rd, 2009, 7:59 pm

Points on hand: 1,004.00 Points
He's just another regular guy who died. All of us will die, and I bet no one will broadcast my death on television, so I don't get why he's so special. (besides the fact that the newscaster also loves little boys) [:D]
Just keep scrolling...

Post July 3rd, 2009, 8:03 pm

Originally posted by Thomas Kaira

The media really needs to stop reporting this guy's funeral plans. We have a country who's economy is in turmoil, with the ENTIRE WORLD at stake, missiles being launched by North Korea, a dictator overthrown in Honduras, and what did we hear about that on primetime news? Nothing, just Micheal Jackson this, and Micheal Jackson that. This self-centered bull(censored) that America is reporting nowadays is beginning to sicken me, and I'm starting to feel that the only way to wake these brainwashed fools up is to drop a WMD on Seattle, which if North Korea continues to work it's WMD programs, they WILL be capable of.

I don't care about this story anymore, yes it's sad he died, but it does not deserve a week's worth of headline news!!! GAH!!!!![:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

(This was directed at American mainstream media, not at any of the posters in this topic.)

Word

Post July 3rd, 2009, 10:02 pm

Points on hand: 3,002.00 Points

Originally posted by Thomas Kaira

I couldn't have agreed more.

Post July 4th, 2009, 10:23 am

Did you guys see the press conference to discuss the lottery for tickets to the memorial? Some local rep was on there saying that the city was basically picking up the tab for police, fire, etc. (and then asked for the sanitation dept and others to offer there free assistance also) and there was a reporter that was like, "Wait a minute, we have thousands in our city losing jobs and we are in a financial crisis and this is how you are going to spend money?" They tap-danced around it (saying that they budget for emergency events) to make it all-better -- but the question does have a valid point.

We are in so much trouble fiscally as a country (and especially in LA) and yet we have money to blow and have a public memorial at the freaking Staples Center? Come on people. He's dead and probably stinking up the joint by now -- bury the dead and move on.

Post July 4th, 2009, 1:15 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
Totally agree with the above. This guy really needs to be planted.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion