Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster What's the difference between .nltrack and .nlpack

What's the difference between .nltrack and .nlpack

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Points on hand: 1,258.00 Points
I've downloaded some coasters and have noticed that only the files ending in .nltrack will work in my NL 1.7. Files that end in .nlpack don't even show up in the track listing, and when I substitute .nltrack in the file name it does show up but won't run.

So what does .nlpack signify, and what is it for?

Post June 28th, 2009, 6:24 pm

Points on hand: 3,207.00 Points

You have to unpackage the ride with the track packager. It means there is a custom enviornment/scenery for the ride not included with the game.

Post June 28th, 2009, 6:36 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Yeah .nltrack is just what can be contained in the track file i.e. track, default trees, object info and position, terrain, etc. The .nlpack is more or less like a zip file that puts everything referenced in the .nltrack file into one, compressed package. Things that are referenced in the .nltrack typically include texture files, object files, environment files etc.

Post June 28th, 2009, 7:24 pm

Oops. That's an .exe file. I have a Mac. Thanks for the info, though.

Post June 28th, 2009, 7:35 pm

Okay, Google to the rescue. I found a pack extractor for Mac.

http://www.interfix.net/macnlpackextractor/

Works great. I downloaded the W.A.M.S. coaster and really like the added realism. I suppose the pavilion and other things are what all the sds and SketchUp talk is about. Cool.

Post February 4th, 2011, 7:11 pm

Points on hand: 60.00 Points

Return to No Limits Coaster