Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Windows 7

Windows 7

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post July 2nd, 2009, 4:27 pm

Points on hand: 1,277.00 Points
Windows 7 is set to drop on October 22, 2009. Looking at the new features, it looks abosoultely amazing.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/wind ... e-editions

see for yourself!

Post July 2nd, 2009, 4:47 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Wow, Windows 7 looks like a good improvement. If I get it, it will probably be professional.

Post July 2nd, 2009, 4:54 pm

And no one has to worry about "compatibility issues" since professional and ultimate come with Windows Xp mode

It sad that so many people complained to Windows about Vista that they included Xp into their newest operating system

Post July 2nd, 2009, 5:22 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
I will probably just stick with Vista. Unlike others, I've had absolutely 0 problems with it.

Post July 2nd, 2009, 5:31 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

^That's unusual. I don't run Vista like I said, but I've tried it, and I just can't stand it. I'm perfectly happy with XP, but Windows 7 just looks like a good improvement, beings it will include XP stuff in the pro version.

Post July 2nd, 2009, 5:55 pm

Originally posted by Kev

I will probably just stick with Vista. Unlike others, I've had absolutely 0 problems with it.

Yeah, I have no problems with it either, and I have worked with all of the versions windows, Xp, Vista, and Windows 7 RC version [lol]

Post July 3rd, 2009, 4:05 am

Points on hand: 777.00 Points
on the website you can download a 1 year trailversion
you only need to say if there are any bugs
if you are good with computers you can download it and choice with the system boot if you wanne work with the old version(vista/xp) or windows 7
you need a strong computer

sorry for my english[:D]

edit.:search for the downloadwebsite on google,bing,yahoo,...
my Last coaster: NLT2011 round2 => MaDcAt (NoLimits) MINECRAFT ADDICTED

Post July 3rd, 2009, 4:22 am

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points
Originally posted by Jms10391

Originally posted by Kev

Yeah, I have no problems with it either, and I have worked with all of the versions windows, Xp, Vista, and Windows 7 RC version [lol]

yeah, vista is amazing in my opinion. i cant stand XP, i absolutely hate it. vista is nice, it remembers were to put files for different programs, quicker to get around to what you need, overall just great compared to XP.

i think people that hate vista otherwise put vista on a computer that cant handle it, or they are just to stupid to operate a computer. not all, just most. vista runs great on my computer and i have had no problems in the last year and a half whatsoever. love vista.

Post July 4th, 2009, 1:18 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
^ that's pretty much my opinion too. if I hadn't bought a laptop with Vista already on it, I probably wouldn't have upgraded to it. Which is pretty much the same way I feel about Windows 7. I think that many people who complain about Vista should give Window ME a whirl. Now THAT was a POS operating system.

Post July 4th, 2009, 1:24 pm

Points on hand: 865.00 Points
I have XP Pro and was going to upgrade to vista ultimate but will probably just try win7 pro instead.

Post July 4th, 2009, 1:31 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

I'm running the Windows 7 beta both on my laptop and desktop. Really polished operating system and will be purchasing it when it comes out.

Post July 5th, 2009, 9:00 am

Points on hand: 2,204.00 Points

Post July 7th, 2009, 11:25 am

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

Originally posted by Matt

I'm running the Windows 7 beta both on my laptop and desktop. Really polished operating system and will be purchasing it when it comes out.

yeah, i, uh, have had, the beta for months, used it twice, very good, but compared to XP i can't get past it. xp>7 imo. but, 7>vista.

as for vista problems - if your machine is pre-built, and vista is installed on it, it will run great. if you hand-built, or have a machine that was pre-built for xp, it will suck and you wont enjoy it.

Post July 7th, 2009, 11:51 am

Originally posted by ragan
as for vista problems - if your machine is pre-built, and vista is installed on it, it will run great. if you hand-built, or have a machine that was pre-built for xp, it will suck and you wont enjoy it.

exactly, people dont understand that. vista is amazing and has no problems if its on a computer that can handle it and or was built for it. people blame microsoft for building a sh!tty OS when they should blame themselves for putting it on a sh!tty computer. people are just ignorant and they jump to blame things for f**king up rather then themselves.

Post July 7th, 2009, 12:52 pm

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

Well if you think that vista is not bad, Win 7 is 100% better!
Rarwh

Post July 7th, 2009, 12:55 pm

^ oh yeah, im sure it is! i cant wait for it. definitely going to get it! might find a torrent after it comes out.

Post July 7th, 2009, 1:01 pm

Points on hand: 1,123.00 Points
I'm definitely getting it the day it comes out. I put it on a laptop that could hardly run XP, but 7 ran perfectly! I just hope to god this gets rid of XP for good.

Post July 7th, 2009, 4:41 pm

Post July 7th, 2009, 5:11 pm

Points on hand: 1,123.00 Points
Kind of, it's just a virtual machine. And seeing how alot of XP programs work in Vista, they'll work in 7 without the virtual machine.

Post July 7th, 2009, 6:38 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,275.00 Points

The XP mode is a modified version of Microsoft Virtual Machine.

The Pro and Ultimate versions will have the VM system intergrate directly with Windows without any special operation needed to run it.

All other versions of Windows 7 can download the VM system as a seperate download but will probably need to tell which applications to run under XP mode and which to run with emulation.

Return to Off Topic Discussion