Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Plug n' Play Woodie Question/Concern

Plug n' Play Woodie Question/Concern

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post July 8th, 2009, 12:49 am

Points on hand: 1,728.00 Points
I'm working on a new woodie in NL than in life would be an Intamin Plug n' Play. My home park is SFGadv and at least there, on El Toro, the cars are 6 cars per train x three rows each, which ends up in a pretty long train. Building the ride, I'm having a huge issue with the disparity between negative Gs on the ejector hills between the first and last rows... I've hammered them out, but now the trains don't rocket over the hills like they should. On the hill with the most -Gs, the front car has about -1.1 on the upswing with the last row at about -1.4-5, but it isn't behaving like an Intamin should (too slow going over.) I've tried reshaping but once again, they don't look or behave right if they aren't a little pointed. I'm on a mac so I don't have any NL tools other than the coaster calc- I don't know that any of those would help, so that might be a moot explanation but.... any suggestions? Sorry that's really long winded, but help would be great.
Because for the occasion that you are pretty.

Post July 8th, 2009, 12:58 am

Points on hand: 120.00 Points
as much as ET hillsseem to be kind of a tight arch[in orther words pointed a little]their really not. Theyre pretty rounded. Try to base your hills off of this photo

Post July 8th, 2009, 1:01 am

Oh hey, look at that. You're totally right. I've actually never ever seen that photo and haven't been to the park since May for a good look. thanks a ton. I guess then, the addendum to that question, is how can I possibly fit the whole layout in there? It's already tight with two airtime hills after the first drop, and I have it pretty much lined up to the far edges (and the hills are too sharply pointed right now).

Post July 8th, 2009, 1:03 am

No prob, i go to the park all the time, and noticed how at angles they can seem to be pointed, but actually their round. And hmm, not sure how you could solve your problem. =/

Post July 8th, 2009, 2:05 am

I figured it out- and by the way, THANK YOU, that picture was a giant help-works exactly right now. Also, I should know this better, but while I'm not doing a recreation, any chance you know the negs on ET? for reference....

Post July 8th, 2009, 2:24 am

Also... any chance you wanna test?

Post July 8th, 2009, 4:21 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Keep in mind, the first two airtime hills on El Toro are shaped differently and as you may or may not have noticed, ride differently as a result.

T Express is listed as -1.5 g's. Head engineer of Six Flags Larry Chickola told me El Toro reaches (or reached, I guess, since they reduced the speed for an unrelated reason) -2 on the first drop in the back, and around -1.5 on the first hill...but I call shenanigans on that one. I'd say stay around -1.3 to -1.5 for your strongest negatives.

Post July 8th, 2009, 6:59 am

Yeah, that's what I've done- the first drop pulls -1.5 in the back, that's totally unavoidable no matter how much tiny tiny little shaping changes I made, but I guess that's fine.... and the rest are within -1.1-1.3 at strongest (or less on one or two hills that aren't meant to eject, per se)

Post July 8th, 2009, 7:10 am

I need to start putting my thoughts into one single post, and you may call shenanigans on this as well, but I personally always FEEL more negs in the way front than in the way back on El Toro, although I think that might be partially mental from the visual of flying over those first two hills at a pretty high speed before the rest of the train crests them....

Post July 8th, 2009, 5:27 pm

The back has tons of negs then the front IMO. About 2 weeks ago i hopped on ET for a night ride, sat in the last seat, and let me say the drop was almost to a point where it wouldve been unbareable, and im one that LOVES the back, but that night that thing was flying and made me lose my breath.And if you were asking for me to test, sure, im no pro at NL, but ill test haha

Post July 8th, 2009, 6:48 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
lol @ shenanigans. Good use of the word Dan. Makes me proud.

Post July 8th, 2009, 7:18 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I have a friend who introduced me to that phrase, and I liked it. She's a cool/funny girl...and she plays halo. If you ever get back on, maybe we all can play together...we'd be a legit team.

On ET, negatives don't differ noticeably between the front and back. What you feel is the difference in the onset of the g's. Whereas the front row jumps from say .6 to -1.5 in .25 seconds on the first couple hills of ET, the back goes more gradually between .6 and -1.5 over maybe 1.5 seconds. That makes the drops more intense in the back since that's where you're hitting the strongest forces in that part of the train, but the start of the pullovers more intense in the front for the same reason.

jdclga, I assume you rode ET before they slowed the lift apex? The drop is crazy now, but that was even more ridiculous. I miss it lol, though I do like the lower lats entering the drop now.

Post July 8th, 2009, 8:11 pm

^Ive been riding it since it opened haha, so yes i have.

Return to Hard Hat Area