Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Schlitterbahn Kansas City Pushes Verruckt to 2014

Schlitterbahn Kansas City Pushes Verruckt to 2014

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Points on hand: 1,014.00 Points
Guests wanting to try out the world's tallest water slide will have to wait until 2014 when Schlitterbahn Kansas City finishes up Verruckt. The park had planned to open the new attraction for Summer 2013, but that never came to be.

This update from MidwestInfoGuide shows the status of the slide on the park's last day of the season, and while a lot of the attraction was completed it was never able to open. Seen above, the first drop of the slide is in place, but the dispatch area at the top is not attached. The ride channels on ground level were not finished up either.

The park never revealed the full statistics of Verruckt, having said they were saving them for the ride's opening. I suppose we will find out just how tall that tower is in 2014!

Source
Last edited by TheArchitect on September 4th, 2013, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post September 4th, 2013, 2:15 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Okay after all the crap I wanna give newsbot about posting sh!t that has nothing to do with roller coasters, THIS is redemption.

I'm obsessed with water rides/parks/slides.
Have you guys seen what Verruckt is going to be??

That camelback is really steep and robust for a water slide... I'm excited to see the execution of speed.

Post September 4th, 2013, 2:31 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Yeah it really looks like a slide you would test out in Roller Coaster Tycoon where the boat would fly off the hill and crash into a path somewhere on the other side of the park. It has to be slowed on the ascent...seems to me there's no way that works otherwise. Interested to see this one run. It's definitely one of the few new rides from a high quality manufacturer that I might have to see someone else do first haha.

Post September 4th, 2013, 3:57 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,068.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Holy shi!t that looks insane. Definitely a RCT creation haha.

Obviously these don't have the same sort of friction co-effiecents as a rollercoaster, plus it might have pooling at the bottom of the drop to slow it down a bit.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post September 4th, 2013, 7:27 am

Points on hand: 15,401.90 Points
I will ride most carnival rides and roller coasters but even I have limits. I am (probably) not getting on this slide if I ever go there.

Post September 4th, 2013, 1:31 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Still, that's a HUGE drop into a tiny hill. I'm sure they'll need something to control speed, and it looks like there are spots on that hill where they will do that.

Post September 4th, 2013, 6:53 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
If you guys ever watched the POV to Wildebeest at Holiday World, there are decent speeds at the end that are substantially reduced by what seems to be the same device that propels tubes uphill, only backwards. I think Verruckt may be applying a combination of the slow-down and speed-up fountains on the climb of the camelback.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions