Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions favorite park

favorite park

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post June 17th, 2009, 12:40 pm

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

Post June 17th, 2009, 4:36 pm

Points on hand: 1,006.00 Points
It has to be six flags magic mountain at number 1.
2.Six flags over texas.
3.alton towers (just for oblivion)
4.islands of adventure

Post June 17th, 2009, 6:21 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Holiday World

So far, no park matches the charm, atmosphere or allure of that little park. No corporate park ever will though, I doubt. You just know youre in good hands when youre there. Whenever Im at any CF or SF park, I know they could care less about me. Im just a dollar sign them. To Will and Pat, I am a guest and even to their employees, Im a guest that pays their wages and they gladly make my experience a great one.

Im would say Im still searching for a better park, but Im not. No sense.

Post June 17th, 2009, 6:24 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

I didn't think Holiday World was all that great. Everything seemed artificial (perhaps all the painted particle board) and the employees weren't that friendly (I've actually encountered friendlier employees at Six Flags parks). I enjoy Compounce, Indiana Beach, Kennywood, Canobie, and a few others quite a bit more.

Post June 17th, 2009, 6:29 pm

Ive encountered friendly employees at every park I go too. However, I always encounter more crappy ones than good ones.

Ive been to HW...4 or 5 times, never once have I met anyone who I thought "man, they need to go home and chill". Yet, pretty much every time Im at CP (I wont count parks Ive only been too once or twice...unfair to make a judgment after only 2 visits) I can run into several who I know are working hour 14 of their 15 hour shift and could give a rats arse about me.

Same though for management which is, IMO, a bigger deal. Ive never seen Management in any park see a situation where say, things were overcrowded and human bodies were needed to help it go faster and them step in. Never seen that at any other park than Holiday World. Each time I think I wont see it, but each time I have seen Pat or Will (or other middle/higher management) put on gloves, jump behind the counter and NOT yell orders but instead let the people in charge stay in charge and just do work.

That leaves a more indellible impression on me than anything. I know that when your boss has enough trust in you to let you lead and then they take the grunt job - that empowers employees and when I see it, it makes me envious they have such humbled bosses. Just speaks volumes. The world doesnt have enough people like that.

Post June 17th, 2009, 8:40 pm

Points on hand: 3,207.00 Points

For what you said about shifts--Indiana Beach has something like 3-hour shifts and then the ops rotate rides. I think this is good for their attitudes, since they're not doing the exact same thing for their entire shift. I've also never met a crabby Indiana Beach employee.

Post June 17th, 2009, 8:57 pm

I also had a good experience there with people not seeming like theyre being overworked. Same for Dollywood. But you cant go wrong with funny, old southern folk. They crack me up.

Post July 17th, 2009, 5:31 am

Points on hand: 1,250.00 Points
My favourite park is Gardaland and I think that a park that is going to be made in Slovenia called Megalaksija is going to great.

Post July 17th, 2009, 10:48 am

Points on hand: 315.00 Points

Post July 18th, 2009, 7:44 am

Points on hand: 50.00 Points

Post July 18th, 2009, 11:41 am

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points
1. Phantasialand
2. Efteling
3. Europa Park

Each of them unique in their own league.

Post July 24th, 2009, 8:07 pm

Points on hand: 1,077.00 Points

Post July 25th, 2009, 1:12 pm

Points on hand: 761.00 Points
Cedar Point is my pick, no questions about it. However, it is the only real amusement park I've ever visited, so I can't really say much else. A few of the coasters at Cedar Point are just too rough and should be removed, and any other park would be actively considering removing such coasters. However, Cedar Point is still battling with Magic Mountain for the most coasters, and disassembling a coaster just because it is rough would not do anything good for them.

Post July 29th, 2009, 6:06 pm

Points on hand: 1,288.00 Points

Post July 29th, 2009, 6:48 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points

Post July 29th, 2009, 6:58 pm

Points on hand: 1,286.00 Points
Originally posted by coasterpimp

OMG, not again. I'm gonna check dates a lot more.

it wasn't you. it was eagleone09 trying to get his 5 posts. dang there have been a lot of new users on this topic :O

Post July 29th, 2009, 7:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,050.00 Points

Post July 30th, 2009, 3:58 am

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Originally posted by mspacapan

My favourite park is Gardaland and I think that a park that is going to be made in Slovenia called Megalaksija is going to great.

Well, I'm quite sceptical about Megalaksija, since it was supposed to be finished till the end of this year...
Don't think anything will happen with that park... [:(]

Post July 30th, 2009, 5:22 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Most parks you go to have different reasons for liking them, so for me, I have a few favourites that I couldn't really decide between, but I like them for different reasons, but the three favourite parks (out of the ones I've been to) are:

Alton Towers, SFGAdv. and Port Aventura.

Other favourites, but not liked quite as much, would be:

Thorpe Park, Oakwood, DisneyLand Paris, Heide Park, Chessington WoA.

Post July 30th, 2009, 10:37 am

Points on hand: 961.00 Points
1.Universal Studios Orlando
2.Happy Valley ShangHai China
3.Happy Valley BeiJing China
4.Adventure Island Orlando
5.Happy Valley ChengDu China

Post July 30th, 2009, 3:32 pm

Points on hand: 76.00 Points

1. Walibi World
2. Europa Park
3. Port Aventura
4. Terra mitica
5. Phantasialand

Post August 7th, 2009, 3:39 pm

Points on hand: 1,070.00 Points

Post August 7th, 2009, 4:50 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
SFOT will always have sentimental value for me. I think my favorite park is Silver Dollar City though. Maybe one of these days, they will build a nice wooden coaster.

Post August 19th, 2009, 8:41 pm

Points on hand: 1,049.00 Points
i would say cedar point, but kennywood is a good park too

Post August 19th, 2009, 11:22 pm

Points on hand: 650.00 Points
1. Busch Gardens Africa (have not been to Williamsburg)
2. Islands of Adventure - the Incredible Hulk is my all time favorite
3. Hershey Park
4. Six Flags America (Washington, DC) - no lines, because no one goes there! and Superman Ride of Steel is hella tight!
5. Wild Adventures - a very small park in Valdosta, Georgia that doesn't have much, but all the staff is really friendly, the rides it does have are decent, and since it's so small you don't have to walk a mile between rides!
So say we all.

PreviousNext

Return to General Theme Park Discussions