Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Mammoth, RMC Wooden

Mammoth, RMC Wooden

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post November 9th, 2013, 1:45 am

Points on hand: 1,343.00 Points
Bank: 826.00 Points
Since my park is getting a kick*** RMC "Wooden", I have had a desire to make one of these.

http://imgur.com/a/7kLtl

Too lazy to switch the format from bitmaps.
Layout is about 35% done. I want to make this longer than the other two RMC's.
Last edited by jdmi012 on November 9th, 2013, 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 9th, 2013, 1:59 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Looks... okay. So far, the only thing that looks RMC is the drop, which could even use improvement (namely increasing the radius of the crest). But the first turnaround looks extreme and strange, like it doesn't have the subtle lead in changes like the RMCs have. The loop just looks plain too circular. The element that wraps over the lift hill looks interesting! I'm thinking you should take pictures without the supports, because the elements will be more easily analyzed prior to their supporting, since you surely plan on doing custom supporting for the ride. The supports for an RMC require intricate and eccentric planning!

Post November 10th, 2013, 1:30 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

The loop just looks plain too circular.

Yeah I know he has a ton of vertical loops made by that company to compare it with.

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy
The supports for an RMC require intricate and eccentric planning!

They're the same as Dinn/Summers supports, they just have to have cantilevers occasionally because Dinn rides don't have overbanks and stuff.

As far as your ride goes, he's right about the top of the drop being a bit tight. Try to shorten the straightest section between the pullout and the crest of the drop. Believe it or not most rides don't have a very long straight section in that area unless the drop is like 45 degrees. This overdoing straight-ish sections on drops is a common mistake.

Your first turnaround looks like a normal overbank. What Gerstlcrazy was trying to say with his ultra-specific "lead in changes" comment was that the actual turnaround is like a more extreme version of Raging Bull's first turn after the drop. It is much less steep at the top than all the way down, and yours appears to be uniformly steep. then again basing everything off of an animation isn't the best idea to begin with anyways.

Aside from that it looks fine so far, and remember that some of the shaping may be "forced" due to the space constraints of the ride's footprint.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Return to Hard Hat Area