Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Senator Edward Kennedy, 77, dies

Senator Edward Kennedy, 77, dies

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post August 26th, 2009, 1:45 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,878.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

WASHINGTON (Reuters) ????????? U.S. Senator Edward Kennedy, a major figure in the Democratic Party who took the helm of one of America's most fabled political families after two older brothers were assassinated, died late on Tuesday, CNN said. He was 77.

One of the most influential and longest-serving senators in U.S. history -- a liberal standard-bearer who was also known as a consummate congressional dealmaker -- Kennedy had been battling brain cancer, which was diagnosed in May 2008.

Known as "Teddy," he was the brother of President John Kennedy, assassinated in 1963, Senator Robert Kennedy, fatally shot while campaigning for the 1968 Democratic presidential nomination, and Joe Kennedy, a pilot killed in World War Two.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post August 26th, 2009, 2:55 am

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

While expected, it is very sad. I and many others were hoping he'd get to see his life long goal of healthcare reform pass. While not realizing this in his lifetime, I certainly hope this means Congress will buckle down and get this done in his honor. He had many of his own bills pass during his time in the Senate that better the lives of everyone in America, but this was the most ambitious and perhaps the thing he wanted most for the US. He committed his life to public service and will be greatly missed, especially here in Massachusetts.

RIP Ted

Post August 26th, 2009, 6:55 am

Points on hand: 2,664.00 Points
I knew this would happen, a brain tumor is a terrible thing and if you have one thats bad enough, consider your life over.

Post August 26th, 2009, 5:48 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

I wonder if they'll bury him inside of 2 months?

Sometimes the best thing to say is nothing at all.

Post August 26th, 2009, 6:05 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

Return to Off Topic Discussion